tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Went into last night up by about 34 points in my big money league with my opponent having Rodgers. I figured it was going to be close.

Woke up this morning (didn't want to watch the end of the game as I figured it was going to to into overtime for my inevitable loss)

I won by 1.68 points.  I'm now 5-1 in that league.

:D

I'm also tied with 2 other teams in my division with 5-1 records.

<_<

Just made 2 trades:

1) My Tyreek Hill / Dion Lewis for his Stephon Diggs / Buck Allen

2) My Brandin Cooks / Taylor Gabriel for his Emmanuel Sanders

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WH71 said:

Just made 2 trades:

1) My Tyreek Hill / Dion Lewis for his Stephon Diggs / Buck Allen

2) My Brandin Cooks / Taylor Gabriel for his Emmanuel Sanders

Not sure you won either one of those trades, definitely not the 2nd

• Like 2

In the Vent/Rant thread there are surely plenty of high scoring teams, who have bad records. Well, in my Yahoo league, I have the least amount of pts by about 25 pts, yet I sit in 7th at 3-3. The 2nd to last in pts is right in front of me in 6th place, also at 3-3. Now if the Cards would just fire McCoy so DJ can excel, and Freeman can get healthy over the BYE I might have a shot, lol

5 minutes ago, UFGator said:

Not sure you won either one of those trades, definitely not the 2nd

Sanders is the best player in the deal. I was never going to start Gabriel.

• Like 1

So this week came down to Monday night. I am up by 5 point in a full ppr league with me starting alfred morris (Which I thought was the safer play than brieda LOL) and he started Aaron Jones.  Now right when I saw that morris wasn't playing at all I got very nervous throughout that monday night game especially having brieda on the bench. Turns out Jones didn't do much and I won by .9 points.  Now today I've been trying to control my blood pressure.

Edited by GodGivenTalent

6-0 despite losing Fournette and Howard. Just lost Conner and the bears d so let’s see if I can keep the streak alive 

Edited by Dr. Whom

23 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

6-0 despite losing Fournette and Howard. Just lost Conner and the bears d so let’s see if I can keep the streak alive 

You have Fournette?  No way!

1 minute ago, poofinger said:

You have Fournette?  No way!

Fournette is the weakest lady I have ever seen...Cool true story Bro

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Fournette is the weakest lady I have ever seen...Cool true story Bro

It was a joke.  Anyone that has been in the LF thread knows how you feel about him.  

8 minutes ago, poofinger said:

It was a joke.  Anyone that has been in the LF thread knows how you feel about him.  

I got the joke...cool story bro

18 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Disagree. I would take Cooks over Sanders

Sanders is WR9. Ron Leary just got placed on IR - hurts their run game, they will pass even more now.

Cooks is WR23. Woods is the better WR there.

Cooks will also sit games out when the Rams clinch (fantasy playoffs). Sanders will play every game, available for the fantasy playoffs.

Edited by WH71
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WH71 said:

Sanders is WR9. Ron Leary just got placed on IR - hurts their run game, they will pass even more now.

Cooks will also sit games out when the Rams clinch (fantasy playoffs). Sanders will play every game, available for the fantasy playoffs.

I get your point about the Rams sitting as I traded away Goff. However, I am not sure they sit week 14-16.

Also, Cooks is WR23 w/ a big fat zero game due to the concussion. Keenum at QB scares me a bit. Just my opinion.

59 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I get your point about the Rams sitting as I traded away Goff. However, I am not sure they sit week 14-16.

Also, Cooks is WR23 w/ a big fat zero game due to the concussion. Keenum at QB scares me a bit. Just my opinion.

Rams 6-0

Saints 4-1 (their biggest NFC contender right now)

If Rams beat the Saints in Week 9, they could clinch the entire NFC by Week 14.

1 hour ago, WH71 said:

Ignoring that Cooper Kupp will be out for a long time? 

Picked up Raheem Mozart last week in my dynasty league. Team I went up against started Alfred Morris who go him 0 points. I literally had 2 players on my team get me 0 points and Niles Paul got me -0.3 for the week yet I still won.

tumblr_m8pwwwUR8A1qfr6udo10_400.gif

• Like 1

Absolutely destroying my 14 team PPR redraft league this year...

QB: Cousins, Tannehill

WR: Aj Green, Cooks, Edelman, Boyd, Callaway

RB: David Johnson, Conner, Ingram, Aaron Jones, Ito Smith

TE: Gronk, Ebron

Have the most points scored by over 100, looking to be a cake walk to that title this year

• Like 1

Two parter here:

Part 1:

Traded Mahomes and Galladay for Thielen and Watson in a keeper last week. 

That gave me Julio/Thielen/Adams/Tate as my WR and flex, with a bell cow in Gordon.

However I was stuck with an iffy rb2 situation with Miller, R. Freeman, K. Johnson, A. Collins 

Which leads me to part two:

Today I came to look at the thread for Mack as a potential add, and stumbled upon the news of Nick Chubb’s golden opportunity.

So yeah I'm feeling good now. Just gotta trade Watson, or Cam for a better Te(Burton)! So glad nobody gave Tate love when I tried to get a better rb!

WTLDR: traded for thielen/watson to get julio/thielen/tate/adams and cam/watson

Then looking for mack’s thread I saw chubb’s thread to save me trading one of ^ wrs for a rb2

Last week traded away Hyde and Yeldon.

Chubb owner dropped him this morning.

Was working so missed out on putting in any waiver claims this week, so I have a high priority.  Only 3 minimally active guys ahead of me.

BOOM

Got Chubb for FREE.. while everyone else spent their FAAB on Barber and Ito, i sneaky added Chubb... lmfao and Doug Martin now my stable of RBs are coming together nicely ...

Kamara, Conner, Mixon, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, Chubb, D. Martin.... lmao love it dont even want to mention my WRs lmao

• Like 3