tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

I’m starting TWO browns in a 12 teamer with Chubb and Njoku. Only because of manny and Lindsay on TNF. Lehgetit

• Like 1

So I was able to get Chubb in my standard league and Duke in my PPR league.  Kinda bummed I missed out on Chubb in my PPR league, but I guess (hope) it will work out for both teams.

3 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Got Chubb for FREE.. while everyone else spent their FAAB on Barber and Ito, i sneaky added Chubb... lmfao and Doug Martin now my stable of RBs are coming together nicely ...

Kamara, Conner, Mixon, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, Chubb, D. Martin.... lmao love it dont even want to mention my WRs lmao

So I got in early on the Ito train, but MArtin is still available - who would you rather have?

So waivers were about to roll for this week, in the order of the inverse of the current standings, with total points scored being the tie breaker, amongst teams with the same record. 

I'm 5-1 and lead the league in points by a slim margin, so 11th claim isn't really snapping up anything of merit weekly, so I was planning on standing pat and picking through the discard pile after waivers rolled. 

Wasn't really sure Engram would be back this week, and Chris Thompson has been banged up, so I left them both in IR spots as questionable. I knew that I wouldn't have a crack at Nick Chubb who I figrued would be the number one claim Tues am. The owner of the number one claim called me and asked If I wanted to buy it off him for a 10th round pick in 2019? He told me had fielded an offer for an 11th round pick and that GM wasn't targeting Chubb. 

I didn't know Hyde was going to get traded, but I didn't want Chubb to get into any of the other major contenders hands, as this would hinder my chances of winning it all, always viewed Hyde as a place holder. 

So, I literally convinced my brother in law that taking Chubb #1 and hanging onto him long haul as a potential keeper would be the smartest play. I don't have Nick Chubb but the worst team in the league does, and that's not always a bad thing. 

Waiver Report Wednesday, October 17, 2018

View Date: Sep. 6, 2018 (11)Sep. 12, 2018 (17)Sep. 19, 2018 (13)Sep. 20, 2018 (1)Sep. 22, 2018 (1)Sep. 26, 2018 (14)Sep. 27, 2018 (4)Sep. 28, 2018 (1)Oct. 3, 2018 (16)Oct. 4, 2018 (3)Oct. 5, 2018 (1)Oct. 10, 2018 (20)Oct. 11, 2018 (1)Oct. 14, 2018 (1)Oct. 17, 2018 (17)Oct. 18, 2018 (1)

WAIVER CLAIMS PROCESSED
  TEAM CLAIM RESULT
1. Lord Goodell's Dark Side Nick Chubb, Cle RB Added. MK dropped Kyle Juszczyk, SF RB to Waivers. MK dropped Niles Paul*, Jax TE to Waivers.

Gotta stay on my s---, this 14 banger is full of sharps. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

So I got in early on the Ito train, but MArtin is still available - who would you rather have?

Probably Ito Smith, Doug Martin hasnt done crap, honestly im just using him as trade bait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6-0 in a few!!

Where are my undefeated PEEPS at?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

winning in total points in my 12 team dynasty by .1

Didnt pick up chubb but i dont think he is going to be the league winner some may think

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, itschief33 said:

I’m starting TWO browns in a 12 teamer with Chubb and Njoku. Only because of manny and Lindsay on TNF. Lehgetit

Lol I’m rolling those 2 and Mayfield. God help me.

• Like 1

I've got too many hype trains on my roster:

• Ito
  • Chubb
  • Mack
  • Barber

In addition to having Michel, White, and Crowell on my roster. Need to consolidate my talent so I can pick up a defense.

There are leagues that allow guys to be placed in IR slots even though they aren't officially on the IR?  Seems like a strange rule.

Friend was short at TE and asked who he should pick up, Swaim or Niles Paul to fill in for ASJ going on the shelf.  I said Paul.  Dude won by .2. I was afraid I was going to be de-friended if he had lost and would have won with ASJ in his lineup with a 0 then Paul with his -.3.

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

There are leagues that allow guys to be placed in IR slots even though they aren't officially on the IR?  Seems like a strange rule.

What's strange? Unless it was a keeper league nobody would keep a guy who goes on IR officially unless the player is coming back. Typically, they aren't coming back after being placed on IR. The IR slot is a weekly injury spot in fantasy. If a guy is ruled out for the week, for whatever reason, it allows you to make a move on your roster without having to drop guys.

6 minutes ago, RogerGoodell said:

I dropped Corey Davis for Greg zuerlein.

You won't regret that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Friend was short at TE and asked who he should pick up, Swaim or Niles Paul to fill in for ASJ going on the shelf.  I said Paul.  Dude won by .2. I was afraid I was going to be de-friended if he had lost and would have won with ASJ in his lineup with a 0 then Paul with his -.3.

:ph34r:

Swaim was the safe pick. I would never recommend any of the Jags offense.

17 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Probably should have started lindsay/sanders

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Probably should have started lindsay/sanders

First time TNF has worked out for me in probably 5 years

9 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

I've got too many hype trains on my roster:

• Ito
  • Chubb
  • Mack
  • Barber

In addition to having Michel, White, and Crowell on my roster. Need to consolidate my talent so I can pick up a defense.

As a barber owner, never knew there was a hype train for him. He's been trash bar one game

• Like 1

22 hours ago, itschief33 said:

1 hour ago, itschief33 said:

First time TNF has worked out for me in probably 5 years

You said you were starting two browns AFTER that TNF game.

Youd rather not have those stats from TNF? LIAR!

20 hours ago, ponza88 said:

6-0 in a few!!

Where are my undefeated PEEPS at?!?!?!

You're in more leagues than the rest of this forum combined. Not impressed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rlaalsrb said:

As a barber owner, never knew there was a hype train for him. He's been trash bar one game

There really hasn't been that much of a hype train which is why he will perform ROS. This forum kills every player it hypes. 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You're in more leagues than the rest of this forum combined. Not impressed.

I don't care to impress you Hawks. ;-)

124 teams out of 130 I'm 4-2 and above.
14 teams I am 6-0

Most of those 6-0 teams were auction

Feels good to rely soley on your gut and get rewarded. Experts? LOL.

Edited by ponza88