tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Some pretty cool finishes in our league tonight:

• One guy had Edelman, Shady and Hauschka but was a way behind. Clawed it back, and won by one point on that last Shady reception (0.5PPR and we do 0.1pts per yard, so it was worth 1.4pts!).
  • Another guy had Trey Flowers and came up 1.4pts short...but they add points for "stuffs" overnight, so he could still win.
  • Guy with the Pats D was 0.4pts behind. The Bills "scored" which put him further behind...then it was reversed and you all know what happened next.
  • Guy with Josh Gordon was 3.4pts behind but Gordon didn't even get one target in the last two drives. If the Bills had scored then that would have essentially been an extra drive for him to win it.

Thank goodness my game was won on Sunday.

7-1 

points leader 

kill them all 

this is the year

no ******** mercy 

I started both Winston and Njoku in 2 leagues and survived both.

In one, late in the week i swapped out Brees for Winston and somehow that ended up being the right decision. Had i stuck with Brees i would have lost by .3 points. In the other league my opponent started Brees.

Rolled out a lineup in which not one of my players would crack the starting lineup of my opponent's team (had 6 of my usual starters benched due to combo of bye weeks, injuries, and low end starters in bad matchups). Ended up with my team's highest score of the year, 3rd highest score in the league this week, and won in a high scoring affair. The surprises of fantasy football lol! If I was my opponent I'd for sure be in the Vent & Rant cursing the FF gods.

Edited by MJJ28

The Gurley owner in our league got Conner off waivers before the season started. His WRs are Marvin Jones and Sanders. Today's trades may have just won him the league.

Pretty solid trade deadline for me...

Taco league: I have Sanders and Golladay, so DT and Tate being traded away opens targets up for both players.

Money league: I have Jones, and just put in a waiver claim for Sutton, so might have the same upgrade to situations. And the team I'm playing this weak is really weak at RB [especially this week with Yeldon on bye], and has both TyMont and Buck Allen. So looks like I got the right week for those players to both see their situations go haywire.

started Breida last night in one Leeg, and i have a 10 point lead heading into Sunday - opponent started Raihhhduhhhz D/ST (-5)

:lol:

• Thanks 1

Giving 3 undefeated teams their first loss of the season last week.

FEELS GOOD. FEELS GOOD.

I sometimes run into this situation... My roster is so freaking good that I can't enjoy the "hype train" players because I don't have room to start them...

Right now, I'm stuck with a decision each week between Boyd, Sutton, Michel, and Marvin Jones for my FLEX play... When you have Mixon, Conner, AB and M Thomas, it's an embarrassment of riches...

I play in a 12-team league with some relatives and their friends / coworkers, they have very weird scoring. 1 pt = 50 yds pass, 25 yds rec, 15 yds rush. 1ppr. No fractional scoring. All TDs 6pt. So yards are extremely devalued, therefore receptions are relatively worth even more than usual ppr, and TDs are relatively worth more. Kicker and defense points also relatively worth more.

TLDR Through 8 weeks, my team is on pace to break the league's team scoring record by 15%.

image.png.6da52c3c274c0bdfba7b87a929ca3e55.png

Edited by geosporin
missing word
  • Haha 1

I play in a 10 team Half PPR. My average weekly score is less than 95, while everyone else is comfortably above 100. Twice I have scored less than 85.

My record is 6-2, good for 2nd place as of now

Have been playing fantasy football for 15 years and have never started 0-8 till this year. First win of the year and it was with Nick Mullens at Quarterback! feels good being 1-8 hahaha

144 points this week, making it the 6th week out of the 9 this season I've put up 140 or more points (.5 PPR)

Absolutely crushing it in this league. Hopefully it keeps rolling. 

Won 140.72 to 140.70 in a 50 dollar H2H Draft Kings matchup. The last guy with playing time between the both us, was my Alvin Kamara. It was 4th and 1 and they gave the ball to Kamara to gain 2 yards, and then proceeded to kneel it out.

I imagine my opponent was really pissed haha.

Edited by Corey In Da House

Had an important win to get to 5-4 in my 0.25 ppr league. 

Two weeks ago I traded away Ertz for Josh Gordon, Amari Cooper, and V.McDonald. 

Fortunately, I scooped up Jack Doyle who was dropped during the bye in this 12-team league. 

I planned ahead and also scooped up Chargers D last week. 

I feel like these moves will help me. I’ve always been a 3-RB kinda guy where my flex is always a RB. I feel like my WR depth of Keenan, Gordon, Coop, and MVS can help me play matchups. 

Bell coming back would hurt me. 

It's fascinating how rapidly fantasy can change.

My team was looking extremely mediocre and like a fringe playoff team. Then DJ gets a positive coaching change, pickup Mack, Gordon carves out a good role on the Pats, Dion Lewis takes over, K. Johnson establishes himself, and suddenly it's one of the best teams.

Fantasy football is like the first quarter of an NBA game. Who cares if you are up or down double digits? Sure, it's nice and gives you a cushion but things change so rapidly that it's nowhere near as significant as one may think.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Fantasy football is like the first quarter of an NBA game. Who cares if you are up or down double digits? Sure, it's nice and gives you a cushion but things change so rapidly that it's nowhere near as significant as one may think.

Or you can be like the Bulls vs Warriors. Give up 92 pts in the first half. Not coming back from that anytime soon :lol:

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

Or you can be like the Bulls vs Warriors. Give up 92 pts in the first half. Not coming back from that anytime soon :lol:

You can also be like the Warriors and go up 3-1.