tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

2 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Had to post this for one of my league mates in one of the leagues I manage, its a vent and rant for him but a cool story for the rest of us...

Dude has the worst luck when it comes to fantasy football.  We started the league in 2013, mostly filled with co workers and has evolved to include a few significant others.  Fun league, small buy-in, no drama just something to pass time during work hours.  When we created it he was one of the biggest proponents and has always been competitive but just gets absolutely shafted when playoffs come around, its now becoming comical.  Below is a summary of the past 5 years and then this year, can't get much worse lol.

2013 - Makes playoffs as the #5 seed, loses to me in the championship by 8

2014 - Makes Playoffs as the #3 seed, again loses in the championship by 2.8 points

2015 - makes playoffs as the #2 seed, loses in the semifinals to the #6 seed by 20.  Was the 2nd highest scoring team that week and went against the #1

2016- Makes playoffs as the #1 seed, loses in the championship to me again by 3 points

2017 - Misses playoffs as the #7 seed due to less PF - 8 points

2018 rolls around and his draft/team are insane, he has the #1 player at every position outside of K & DST.  He beat me as overall points leader by 1.2 but we were both 100+ ahead of the next closest, roster below:

QB: Mahomes

RB: Gurley & Coleman (Lost Ajai)

WR: Hill & Baldwin (Lost Cupp)

TE: Kelce

FLX1: Crowell

FLX2: Josh Renolds

He got beat up in PA, number 2 against, so he made playoffs as the #3 seed  9-4 but I was not looking forward to seeing him in playoffs and have been telling him all year that this is his year.  Then last night happened, you can guess who he matched up against, that's right a 51.8 spot from DH and the #6 seed.  Couldn't write this s*** if I tried.  He went from a 20 point favorite to a 30 point dog.  He definitely still has a chance with that roster but I feel for the guy, insane how bad one guy can roll and he is one of the nicest guys I know.

Wow.  You guys need to make some kind of Ms. Congeniality trophy or something for him. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, Flynfiesta6 said:

Had to post this for one of my league mates in one of the leagues I manage, its a vent and rant for him but a cool story for the rest of us...

Dude has the worst luck when it comes to fantasy football.  We started the league in 2013, mostly filled with co workers and has evolved to include a few significant others.  Fun league, small buy-in, no drama just something to pass time during work hours.  When we created it he was one of the biggest proponents and has always been competitive but just gets absolutely shafted when playoffs come around, its now becoming comical.  Below is a summary of the past 5 years and then this year, can't get much worse lol.

2013 - Makes playoffs as the #5 seed, loses to me in the championship by 8

2014 - Makes Playoffs as the #3 seed, again loses in the championship by 2.8 points

2015 - makes playoffs as the #2 seed, loses in the semifinals to the #6 seed by 20.  Was the 2nd highest scoring team that week and went against the #1

2016- Makes playoffs as the #1 seed, loses in the championship to me again by 3 points

2017 - Misses playoffs as the #7 seed due to less PF - 8 points

2018 rolls around and his draft/team are insane, he has the #1 player at every position outside of K & DST.  He beat me as overall points leader by 1.2 but we were both 100+ ahead of the next closest, roster below:

QB: Mahomes

RB: Gurley & Coleman (Lost Ajai)

WR: Hill & Baldwin (Lost Cupp)

TE: Kelce

FLX1: Crowell

FLX2: Josh Renolds

He got beat up in PA, number 2 against, so he made playoffs as the #3 seed  9-4 but I was not looking forward to seeing him in playoffs and have been telling him all year that this is his year.  Then last night happened, you can guess who he matched up against, that's right a 51.8 spot from DH and the #6 seed.  Couldn't write this s*** if I tried.  He went from a 20 point favorite to a 30 point dog.  He definitely still has a chance with that roster but I feel for the guy, insane how bad one guy can roll and he is one of the nicest guys I know.

Oh I can relate. Maybe share my bad beats with him so he'll feel better? LOL

Before this year, I played in 3 leagues only and within a 3 year stretch, thats 9 possible championships. Out of the 3 years, I made the championship game 7 of the 9.

My record in those championships? 0-7

1 year, as the top seed, I lost by 15 because the Arizona DST scored 39 points...against Aaron Rodgers! How was that even possible? Not some dip**** QB but Aaron ******** Rodgers!!! And this was 2015 Aaron Rodgers.

Another game as the top seed, I lost by 1 point on a Jeremy Hill fumble near the goal line.

As for cool story today, that feeling when you bench someone for a relative unknown with that fear of said benched player going off on your bench...and being able to exhale relatively quick when you see said player leave the game and done for the day: Playing Ian Thomas over Jordan Reed

Amari Cooper saved my a** in a Dynasty league playoff matchup this week. Look at my merry band of other players started(0.5 ppr):

Tevin Coleman: 4.6

James White: 3.8

Justin Jackson: 4.5

Drew Brees: 14.94

Evan Engram: 9.2

Edited by metalmat

I didn’t make the playoffs in my one standard league. But I’m going to declare myself a national champion if I win out. 

Im a 3x reigning champion. Post the 2nd best net score in the league. Missed playoffs due to typical fantasy bs stuff. 

I changed my team name to the UCF Knights 

My entire year has been a disaster.   Due to a massive amount of injuries I have used every waiver wire move we are allotted.   I have been out of waiver wire moves for 3 weeks.   Somehow I snuck into the playoffs with 2 of my bench spots positions filled by players on IR,  Case Keenum as my only QB,  missing a defensive lineman for IDP and Marquise Goodwin/Doug Baldwin as my number 2 receiver behind Devante adams.     I somehow won my first round game against the number 3 seed.     If I somehow luck out and win next week I will split 800 dollars with whoever I am playing in the championship.    I am almost embarrassed to be in the playoffs. 

I just noticed that a guy in my league (in the consolation ladder) has three players on his roster who started IRL but got negative points this week. He had Goff at QB, and Duke and Clement on the bench. I'm not sure if that's ever been done before in our league :D. By way of comparison only five players in the entire NFL got a negative score in our league last week - Chris Ivory, Kenjon Barner, Richie James, DeAndre Washington, and Blaine Gabbert. I think that's one heck of an achievement.

Edited by leffe186
Got the wrong name

I had the highest scoring week of my league's history. Unfortunately I had a bye this week..... Such a waste. 10 years. 208 ppr points.

Luck

T. Hill

Juju

CMC

Kamara

Hilton

Kittle

B. Maher

N.E. D

Just finished 7-7 after starting the season 1-6, climbing from 12th to 5th place.  My last four games were against the four playoff teams, but I messed up all their seeding by going 3-1 against them.

Dalvin Cook’s garbage time TD single-handedly knocked the 1st place team down to 2nd, and it was almost like winning the Super Bowl.

I have Bears defense.

Just got from waivers Jaguars defense (playing Mark Sanchez this week) to avoid my opponent in the semifinal playing them against me. His waiver priority was just behind me. He is a bit mad at the moment :lol:

1 hour ago, JuanSuarez said:

I have Bears defense.

Just got from waivers Jaguars defense (playing Mark Sanchez this week) to avoid my opponent in the semifinal playing them against me. His waiver priority was just behind me. He is a bit mad at the moment :lol:

Washington is starting Josh Johnson this week so not as good as it would be if Mark Sanchez played. Hopefully he ends up just as bad.

Damien was a stud, and Rivers grinded out a respectable day for me. Also my opponent had Keenan and Butker. I'm still nervous though since my opponent is loaded. Hopefully Hopkins can ball out on Saturday.

I had Mahomes, Hill and Badgely against Damien Williams... My three combined for 26.  Damien Williams scored 26.  Goodbye to any chances of going to the title game.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:50 AM, Sartorialism said:

Last week i suggested both Damien Williams and Kenneth Dixon as waiver wire adds.

Week 14:

Dixon: 80 yards/TD - 14 pts in standard

Williams: 30 yards/2 x TD - 15 pts in standard

Both are now top recommended waiver adds for this week. So shout out to the guy who obnoxiously dismissed my suggestions in the waiver thread.

Also shout out to the other guy who smugly responded to me  in that thread that they watched Williams and declared, via their expert player analysis, that he's terrible. I love this forum.

3 hours ago, jgolec said:

I had Mahomes, Hill and Badgely against Damien Williams... My three combined for 26.  Damien Williams scored 26.  Goodbye to any chances of going to the title game.

sorriest "CSB" evah. 

I broke the All-Time points record in my 16-Year league this season.

Opponent:

Justin Jackson = 16pts

Me:

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce = 15.7

Boo fantasy. Boo.

• Like 1

I just lost sanders, gordon and odell.  Kelce scored like 6 points. My back up are peyton barber, corey davis and Dante pettis. Should I just throw the white flag ?

30 minutes ago, BayofPuigs said:

Hopkins explosion against my oppponent leaving Mike Williams on the bench, feelsgoodman.

I played against Hopkins and Williams .. feelsbadman

15 minutes ago, NInsko said:

I played against Hopkins and Williams .. feelsbadman

Hey! take that to the rant thread! Good vibes here

• Like 1