tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

I have 

1234 likes ;-)

• Like 2

Dang you all! :P

On 9/7/2018 at 12:43 AM, tjspark said:

Texted my commish after my roster locked (rain delay) and had him put in clement. That is all. 

I also drafted bell after not wanting to pass in the 7 spot.

I think Marquise Goodwin is wayyy better than people realize. Like, possibly the next star receiver.

He was hidden on Buffalo, and he is still being overlooked to some extent. 

He is more than just a quick speedster, the dude can straight up ball.

Also, I have some draft remorse already. I'm uneasy about taking Gronk in round 3 over Jordan Howard (1/2 PPR so he slipped a tad bit). I want to believe though. Gronk just makes me uneasy. If I had a do-over, I'd probably take Howard, then shoot for Doyle or Njoku much later.

Other sadness: last year I traded an 8th round pick for Corey Davis in about week 9. I thought he was going to explode and become a killer keeper value, but he sucked and I didn't keep him. Flash forward to this year: Demarius Thomas slips like Bowser on a banana, and falls to the middle of round-8. Guess who snags him with their 8th round pick? The guy whom I traded the pick for Davis - with the pick I traded. The same guy who took Corey Davis in round 7 (before Demarius!). So I basically gave away Demarius Thomas for free and he got Davis anyway. Ouch. 

Edited by RotoBird

Where is the celebration thread? 

Just crushed it today. Kamara, Conner, Rivers, Keenan, and Sanders. 

I'm crushing it in my other Dynasty. Every single one of my players scored at least 1 TD. Brees, Tyreek Hill and Kenny Stills blew it up for me.

On a side note there have been some pretty good fantasy performances out of QBs this week. Keenum, Flacco, Mahomes, Rivers, etc..... chances are pretty good you got at least a couple TDs out of your QB today

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I always wanted to shar this story:

How Deone Bucannon send my team to the Super Bowl

With a single defensive player metioned you can already guess that I play in an IDP league (same league as in sig, just not PPR at that time).

It's year 2015, Week 15. I'm facing the only woman in the league in our conferance championchip. I have nothing against woman, but she won my division and beat me two times. Danny Woodhead had a garbage year, but of corse in both games agains me he had 2 TDs so I was just assuming it would happen again - because of luck, you know. And of corse, it was late monday night (in germany) and I went to bed looking at our score 121 to 142 with this stupid Woodhead scoring 30 points again. "I shall not be able to beat this woman", I thought to myself going to bed expecting waking up to our group chat being full of 0-3 against the girl team jokes. In my last effort to restore my confidence I texted a good friend an fellow league member something in the lines of "Watch Deone pull this off for me. Hasn'd had his pick six this year. It's time!"

Deone Bucannon - nowadays I talk about him as if I know him personally - was a week two add I made because he was scoring solid 8-10 points both week and I would continue scoring like this. Later I noticed that the Cardinals always have this one safety who makes a lot of tackles. It's propably their defensive scheme, I don't know, my football knowledge is rather small. 

So I was more than happy with what Deone did this year. I went to the championship game with a loaded team AB, Allen Robinson, Lavante David, Lamar Miller and Tyler Eifert. 

So monday night goes and tuesday morning comes. I was 21 points short of reaching the super bowl with only my DB (he was a DB back then) Deone playing against the eagles. I woke up and saw that I had a lot of texts on my phone guessing it was the jokes I already mentioned, I only could read he first one before I had to open the NFL fantasy app panicly, it just said "f--- you!".

Deone, the Madman, my saviour and last chance put up 9 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles and this beauty of an interception TD:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000606190/Deone-Bucannon-picks-up-6-on-Bradford-interception

He just did it. 23 points. I would later go on and win the whole damn thing and the fellow female team owner to this date does not speak a word to me.

Edited by thebadferret

Scored 223 points in 1 league (10 team PPR) and still have kicker tonight.  Only got 7 from DEF/ST.

Rivers

Kamara

McCaffrey

Conner

Hill

Thomas

Reed

tenor.gif

After agonizing over Baldwin vs. Crabtree vs. Davis, I went with the experts and the rankings and used Baldwin, even though I didn't like anything about the scenario.

I didn't lose , still got some action tonight but that big ZERO hurt like hell. I would definitely be winning with playing either Davis or King Crab

I want to make a public apology to the fantasy Gods, I'm not sure what I did, but please forgive me

My all injury squad:

QB: ARod

WR1: Baldwin

WR2: Goodwin

RB1: Fournette

TE: Njoku

I stuck with my guns and threw out the conventional picks with Gordon and Gronk at 6 and 19.

Also rolled with that Chicago defense thinking they might take a beating this weekend but worth the long term investment. 

Yesterday... Everywhere I had Delanie Walker, I dropped my end of bench guy for Jared Cook... because "I need someone!".

May turn out to be a Top 5 TE. :D

I had the Rams defense vs the other guy's Brandin Cooks & Robert Woods.

Rams get the pick 6. I'm up, game ends, I'm declared the winner. YES!

Then a stat correction hits and Aaron Donald's sack is taken off, because he got a roughing the passer penalty which negated the play.

Theres a tear in my beer!

I had a 30 pt lead going into yesterday with my team done.  He still had Stafford + Cooper + Prater left to play in a standard 6pt TD league.  Yahoo said I had a 14% chance to win....I won by 12 pts :)

4 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

You had teh balls to start him? Bravo Sir!

2 qb league. so not ballzy, just lucky ha

On 9/6/2018 at 4:03 PM, rabaak said:

The NFL fantasy site hates my team. Here is what they had to say:

• Draft Grade     C
  • Proj Record         0-16
  • Proj Finish    12 out of 12

DRAFT SUMMARY

After drafting seventh in the opening round, Your Team will look to power past their post-draft prognostication. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early, using three of their first four selections to pick up wide receivers. Elsewhere on the roster, your team was able to secure a foursome of running backs with the most room for improvement.

• In the 5th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Chris Carson was selected at pick number 55 versus an ADP of 139.7 across all NFL.com leagues.
  • Kenny Golladay is owned in less than 10% of all NFL.com leagues (7%). Perhaps he will reward CORCORAN CRAZE for their faith.
  • You may know something no one else does, grabbing Keelan Cole, who is on a squad in less than 10% of all NFL.com leagues (2%).

YOUR SEASON SIMULATED

YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP YOUR CHANCES TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
8.5% 4.6% 2.5%

My team is in my Sig. We only need 1 RB each week and can start 3 Wr's. We get more points for long touchdowns and long FG,  but is non-PPR. 

I will be surprised if I don't win on week 1

Update on fantasy NFL.Com experts hating my team

I beat my opponent by 18 points in week 1. Third highest score in a 12 team league. So much for 0-16 prediction. Now if I can beat the 8.5% chance of making the playoffs, I will be very happy.