tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Can we all just take a moment to admire my RB core?

CMC

Barkley

Conner

Peterson

Hyde

Ingram

A Jones

Pause for a moment of silence..................Have a nice day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After completing a trade for Dalvin Cook last week, I changed my team name to Too Many Cooks.  Because I have Dalvin Cook, Brandin Cooks, and Jared Cook rostered.

This week, Dalvin Cook was ruled out and Brandin Cooks and Jared Cook both had a TD reversed :(

9 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Can we all just take a moment to admire my RB core?

CMC

Barkley

Conner

Peterson

Hyde

Ingram

A Jones

Pause for a moment of silence..................Have a nice day!

Do you start 3 rbs and 2 flex or what. 

I traded conner pre week 1 as I needed wr help. 

Great set of rbs you have there. Have plenty of ammo to upgrade elsewhere. 

33 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Do you start 3 rbs and 2 flex or what. 

I traded conner pre week 1 as I needed wr help. 

Great set of rbs you have there. Have plenty of ammo to upgrade elsewhere. 

2rb

2 flex 

Barring a stat correction, that Evans TD will make me 3-0, giving me a win by 1.6 pts (despite not having Fournette, again). Played this same guy week one in a different league, where he had Rams D left on Monday night, needing 18.7 pts for the win. He got 17 pts, giving me the win by...1.6 pts

• Like 1

Matt Ryan and Calvin Ridley were both surprisingly dropped in my league, so I scooped them both up prior to week 3.  Did start Ryan, should have started Ridley.

I don't have time to watch all the games and i don't post on any other forums so i don't know where else to ask. What is going on with this roughing the passer thing? I just saw a replay of a call against clay matthews, i have never seen anything so weird in sports. How can that possibly be a penalty? 

15 minutes ago, Stubudd said:

I don't have time to watch all the games and i don't post on any other forums so i don't know where else to ask. What is going on with this roughing the passer thing? I just saw a replay of a call against clay matthews, i have never seen anything so weird in sports. How can that possibly be a penalty? 

Rivals.com has an active community. Even though it's a college site they talk about pretty much anything over there

Anyways, for my "Cool Story Bro" post, I started playing fantasy football back in 2005. This was the first year that I did not join any league. 

These games are not fun to watch anymore. I simply don't care who wins or loses besides the Saints and Packers. I did play in a survival pool but next year I will stop doing that as well which would break a streak of 8 years of playing in those pools. 

So pretty much I'm "Taking a Knee" on all fantasy football/survival pool operations. I'll just focus all of my attention on fantasy basketball and baseball. 

17 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Anyways, for my "Cool Story Bro" post, I started playing fantasy football back in 2005. This was the first year that I did not join any league. 

These games are not fun to watch anymore. I simply don't care who wins or loses besides the Saints and Packers. I did play in a survival pool but next year I will stop doing that as well which would break a streak of 8 years of playing in those pools. 

So pretty much I'm "Taking a Knee" on all fantasy football/survival pool operations. I'll just focus all of my attention on fantasy basketball and baseball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hold the overall: 

QB 1 Mahomes 

RB 1 Kamara

WR 4 JuJu

WR8 Golladay

WR 12 Landry 

Can we just fire up week 4 now, I'm ready to burn some more s--- to the ground! :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

I was with you all the way...until you mentioned fantasy baseball and fantasy basketball!  

11 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I hold the overall: 

QB 1 Mahomes 

RB 1 Kamara

WR 4 JuJu

WR8 Golladay

WR 12 Landry 

Can we just fire up week 4 now, I'm ready to burn some more s--- to the ground! :ph34r:

I got a couple dogs in this fight, see roster below...

But I agree, let's burn it all down...

• Haha 1

First season where I've tuned out most of the experts and relied largely off of my gut instincts and hunches.

My main ESPN account:
25 Teams

18 = 3-0
4 = 2-1
2 = 1-2
1 = 0-3 (but the team is still freaking awesome lol... just bad luck).

18 teams 3-0... based all off of MY decisions and MY logic, not 'experts. Feels good!

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 2

Late to the party(forgot to post) but in Week 2 I won by 15 while having the sick combo of Boswell and Ravens D combine for a whopping 2 points lol. Helps I scored the most touchdowns in the league. CSB

• Like 1

Traded Cooks for Marvin Jones and Aaron Jones. Will either love it or hate it

13 Team auction Roto, I Drafted: DJ, AB, Hopkins, Wentz, Ingram, D. Walker, Agholor, Morris. Seattle, McManus. 

Thought I was going to dominate. Last place currently. Ha!

Had Carr before Wentz, ouch. Picked up Gio and Ben Watson last week. And now got Chris Carson this week. (He was dropped last week.)

Time to turn things around. And claw back an inch at a time. 

?

• Like 1

In 2016 I drafted Gurley over DJ.

Went 8-5, reached the playoffs but didn't win a game.

Regarding DJ goes one spot after my pick, if I just switched Gurley and DJ, I would have went 11-2 and won the championship.

if if if, would would would.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

I got a couple dogs in this fight, see roster below...

But I agree, let's burn it all down...

Did you just post a Nickelback video on purpose?  Unironically???

In my PPR league I’m 3-0 and still haven’t made my way through the entire deck of cards which includes Ingram and Gordon. 

For the first time in awhile I don’t have to worry about TNF screwing me over. 

In both leagues, I don’t own anyone on either team and neither does my opponents. 

I can relax and enjoy a game of football. 

• Like 1