tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Recommended Posts

Going into the season, I told myself I didn't want to start the draft WR/WR. With the 6th pick in a snake in 12-team, I ended up going AB/Thomas/Mixon/ARob so WR/WR/RB/WR. I liked my receivers, but I've been working to improve that RB situation. Took Rivers late as my QB and grabbed Winston out of FA as a backup. Then I lost D. Walker to injury, and ended up with ASJ. 

 

RB-wise, I got Conner in the 12th. Increasingly it looks like Bell is a longer-term no-show and might even get traded, so I managed to get an RB1 in the 12th. Huge help there. Michel is starting to look the part too. But it was still too weak for me, as my draft gave me Mixon/Michel/Crowell/Duke/Henry/Conner. And then Mixon got hurt.

 

So I've been hitting the WW and the trades. Just let ARob go this week for McCoy. I had picked up Murray last week due to the Cook injury, so I was now rostering 8 RB's, 4 of which I didn't really want. And needed to improve my WR depth off the WW after shipping ARob. 

 

So I sold Duke/Henry/Murray to the Russell Wilson owner, largely to get some value for guys I was planning to drop. So now I've got two decent QBs. 

 

Got Njoku off the WW after someone got tired of him last week but before Mayfield took over, so he might actually start playing to form.

 

And since I opened up all the space on my bench from shipping those RBs away, was able to get Mike Williams out of FA right about the time that people are now worried Keenan Allen has an injury. 

 

I honestly believe I now have possibly the best roster in the league.

 

QB: P. Rivers / R. Wilson RB: J. Mixon / J. Conner / L. McCoy / I. Crowell / S. Michel

WR: A. Brown / M. Thomas / M. Jones Jr / M. Williams / T. Boyd TE: D. Njoku

D: Bucs / Ravens K: M. Prater

 

-Two QBs who are near the top of the list as consistent top-10 producers. 

-Among 5 RB, at least two RB1s, three RB2s, worst case. 

-Two top WR that have a decent shot at finishing #1 and #2 overall at the position, with at least 2 more guys who I think will put up consistent WR2 production.

-A highly rated TE that hasn't shown it yet in 2018, but with Mayfield could be in the top 5-6 at the position ROS.

 

I'm pissed because despite being the top total points scored in my league, I have a 1-2 record. But I think I've now set myself up to crush this league. I can play matchups to the point where I wouldn't be shocked to get WR1/RB1 production out of my flex most weeks, and can swap QBs on a matchup basis with two proven studs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a game. Owned no one. My 2 opponents owned no one. I just watched the fantasy explosion very casually. 

 

I bet there is a team with Goff, Thielen, and Kupp out there. 

 

On the other end. A team in my league started the Vikings D. His total points is -9 right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate having my guys play early games and I had a bunch so I was dreading it.   But Goff, Gurley, Diggs and Bailey has me up big.   Thursdays aren't so bad! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What a game. Owned no one. My 2 opponents owned no one. I just watched the fantasy explosion very casually. 

 

I bet there is a team with Goff, Thielen, and Kupp out there. 

 

On the other end. A team in my league started the Vikings D. His total points is -9 right now. 

It sucks for another guy in my league, but he thought he started Goff. As it turns out, he forgot to hit Submit on ESPN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an offer declined-- Cameron Kupp and Jay Ajayi for Leonard Fournette.

 

Kupp then has the game of his career. :) Not upset at all. +Ajayi will be back Sunday.

 

 

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

opponent in my biggest $$$ leeeg sat Goff in favor of Dalton ... now, it could still work out for him :lol:,  but ... holy freakin' schnikies, did i dodge one major friggin' bullet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-3 record, .5 PPR.

 

My team is averaging 154 points a week but every week my opponent has the game of their lives! I am first in points for with 619 total points for and a whopping 598 against, talk about weekly bad luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set a single game record in my 10 team standard:

J. Goff - 39.90
E. Elliott - 30.00
J. Conner - 6.40
J. Jones - 17.30
A. Thielin - 19.50
J. Cook - 23.00

C. Hyde - 14.20 
J. Tucker - 16.00
Bears - 14.00

 

179.70. 

Edited by HTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have Lamar and Howard

Other guy was up 120-20 in the 2nd half of the 1 PM games lol

I was cursing because he had corey davis and that schmuck aint done crap this year until the guy faces me. and then on top of corey davis's huge game he tops it off with the touchdown in overtime. motherf***r

then around 6 pm i checked out my DFS lineups (i usually do about 200 cheap ones a week in big tournaments. i dont like sweating them all day so i wait til around 6 to check out the standings)

and my lineup with Mariota/Corey Davis stack ended up getting 3rd in a DK tournament of 250,000 50-cent entries for a $1500 payout

 

COOL STORY

 

BRO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up FitzMagic to replace Newton on a bye round. Proceeded to score me 3.04 after putting up 97.3 the previous 3 games. Thanks for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opponent hat Gurley, Cousins and Thielen playing on TNF. I had Diggs, so he was up 91:23

 

I blastet him 205:193 and still have my kicker to play tonight.

 

Ryan, Zeke, Diggs, Ertz, Ridley all scored 20+. AJG close to 20 and let's not talk about Conner this week.

And as a cherry on top I got Davis with 31 on my bench and Kerryon Johnson got a RuTD on my bench, too.

 

Life's good for me.

 

___________________________

 

Looking into next week Atlanta play the Steelers which should be another shooutout for Ryan and Ridley. Also Atlanta is super weak agains the run which should bring back Conner. And Joe Mixon is going to be back.

Edited by thebadferret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

Opponent hat Gurley, Cousins and Thielen playing on TNF. I had Diggs, so he was up 91:23

 

I blastet him 205:193 and still have my kicker to play tonight.

 

Ryan, Zeke, Diggs, Ertz, Ridley all scored 20+. AJG close to 20 and let's not talk about Conner this week.

And as a cherry on top I got Davis with 31 on my bench and Kerryon Johnson got a RuTD on my bench, too.

 

Life's good for me.

 

___________________________

 

Looking into next week Atlanta play the Steelers which should be another shooutout for Ryan and Ridley. Also Atlanta is super weak agains the run which should bring back Conner. And Joe Mixon is going to be back.

 

Ben might have to keep throwing 60 times a game with that defense

I think that's Conner's problem, though the Ravens front was definitely stout tonight

 

Awesome week for you though, Congrats are in order after starting out with that deficit

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cotton Jones said:

 

Ben might have to keep throwing 60 times a game with that defense

I think that's Conner's problem, though the Ravens front was definitely stout tonight

 

Awesome week for you though, Congrats are in order after starting out with that deficit

Thanks,

 

yeah. I'm not as worried as the people in the Conner thread. That's probably because I did not see him as the top2 RB that Bell was. For me he was basically free and I take him as a nice RB2 being my Flex in nearly every game when Mixon is back.

(Though I will have a "Who to start at flex" problem when Ridley, Conner, Davis and Kerryon Johnson put up number)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one of the greatest fantasy nights of my life.  My team was 0-3 and I went into MNF up 13, but facing Hill and the Denver D with none of my guys to play.

 

I’ve never owned Tyreek, but literally every time I’ve faced him since he entered the league he’s crushed my soul with a long TD.  I just knew I was staring at 0-4.

 

I finally caught a slow Tyreek game. But I was down by a fraction of a point after Hill got like five touches on the final KC drive — until Hunt’s TD knocked two points off the Denver D, giving me my first win of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survived Drake and Mike Williams and improved to 4-0 in my ppr league. 

 

2-2 in my standard league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

This was one of the greatest fantasy nights of my life.  My team was 0-3 and I went into MNF up 13, but facing Hill and the Denver D with none of my guys to play.

 

I’ve never owned Tyreek, but literally every time I’ve faced him since he entered the league he’s crushed my soul with a long TD.  I just knew I was staring at 0-4.

 

I finally caught a slow Tyreek game. But I was down by a fraction of a point after Hill got like five touches on the final KC drive — until Hunt’s TD knocked two points off the Denver D, giving me my first win of the season.

quite a sweat

congrats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

This was one of the greatest fantasy nights of my life.  My team was 0-3 and I went into MNF up 13, but facing Hill and the Denver D with none of my guys to play.

 

I’ve never owned Tyreek, but literally every time I’ve faced him since he entered the league he’s crushed my soul with a long TD.  I just knew I was staring at 0-4.

 

I finally caught a slow Tyreek game. But I was down by a fraction of a point after Hill got like five touches on the final KC drive — until Hunt’s TD knocked two points off the Denver D, giving me my first win of the season.

I was in such a similar situation. Up 6 on that final drive when it was goal to go. An 8 yard TD pass to hill would have netted 7.8 points. But he woulda lost 2 points due to Denver Defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...