tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Was down 90-0 after TNF thanks to Goff, Thielen, and Woods. My opponent had Carson and picked up Mike Davis before the game started. I went into MNF needing 11 PPR points from Emmanuel Sanders. Last drive, needed one catch for 8 yards. He comes down with a 10 yard catch on 4th down. I'm so dang happy lmaooooooooo

Edited by ak427
  • Like 4

Joined a 2 QB dynasty league.

the team I inherited went 2-11 last year. Dudes team was extremely bad, which swung power to a couple of the other guys who have all the riches. 

One guys team had Carson Wentz, Aaron Rodgers, Leonard Fournette, David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Josh Gordon, and Evan Engram. 

Somehow this team broke no rules. Probably just super weak competition over years and years. 

my gritty team (2qb, 1 flex full PPR)

QB Marcus Mariota

QB Andy Dalton

QB CJ Beathard

QB Jimmy Garappolo (IR)

RB Carlos Hyde

RB Joe Mixon

RB Matt Breida

RB Nick Chubb

RB Buck Allen

WR Golden Tate

WR Doug Baldwin

WR Jamison Crowder

WR Ryan Grant

WR Philip Dorsett

TE Travis Kelce

TE Jordan Reed

K Janikowski

Def Jags, Cardinals

not bragging guys, I know this team is undermanned, it's just that I am going against super teams and with matchups and depth I've clawed my way to 2-2, and quite honestly feeling on top of the world.

• Like 1

Went into the season with 1 goal.

Get as many shares of Leonard Fournette as possible.

I struck out in getting him in all 4 of my leagues I'm in.

I'm not mad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

-4-0

-Most points overall

-3 weekly high points bonuses 

-Over 200 points twice

-Drafted ASJ for my TE, he was questionable so I dropped him for Cook before week 1.

-no draft pick misses through round 11

Does it always feel like something bad is going to happen when it's going this well?

We have one guy in our work league who autopicked his team, and has given up already. His rbs are bell and burkhead. He still has Greg the leg starting and his flex on a bye. His def also had negative points but he still won his matchup. 

4 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

We have one guy in our work league who autopicked his team, and has given up already. His rbs are bell and burkhead. He still has Greg the leg starting and his flex on a bye. His def also had negative points but he still won his matchup. 

Fantasy football is a skill game

4-0 in quite a few leagues!!! JUST LIKE MY RAMS!

Where are all my undefeated teams at?!?!?

#hornsup 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

4-0 in quite a few leagues!!! JUST LIKE MY RAMS!

Where are all my undefeated teams at?!?!?

#hornsup 

I'm 4-0 in one league, but just realized I was going up against Ebron last night. 4-1....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm 4-0 in one league, but just realized I was going up against Ebron last night. 4-1....

I wish I could Like and Laugh at this response. 

I'm in the same boat with a couple of my teams. Who knows though... the other team could put up a couple goose eggs... or maybe both teams go off

#hope

Edited by ponza88

Had to count...

Currently I'm 4-0 in 21 leagues out of 132.

Not bad!!! 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:25 PM, NyjersInParis said:

Super frustrating. Personally invited a friend to be in a league and he waited until 5 minutes before the draft to log in and complain! He made the first pick and the rest was autodrafted. Hasn't logged in since late September yet sits at 3-1. I face him this week. He still has Mike Evans in a starting slot. Hope he stays there. Sucks to see luck play such a strong factor in this fantasy sport. Apparently, skill is overrated. 

Lost the first week because I had Amari Cooper, Leonard Fournette, and Doug Baldwin starting.

I won easily in the second week.

In the third week I won by less than 1/3 of a point, while Boyd and Ridley sat on my bench. Yes, I started Cooper.

Week 4 I started Fournette. It didn't cost me because I picked up the GB defense. My entire roster blew up that week, but Fournette again cost me valuable points in the standings.

This week Ebron and Michel started the week off with almost 50 combined points. Now I'm hoping to end this week at 4-1. No thanks to Mr. Leonard Fournette.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Lost the first week because I had Amari Cooper, Leonard Fournette, and Doug Baldwin starting.

I won easily in the second week.

In the third week I won by less than 1/3 of a point, while Boyd and Ridley sat on my bench. Yes, I started Cooper.

Week 4 I started Fournette. It didn't cost me because I picked up the GB defense. My entire roster blew up that week, but Fournette again cost me valuable points in the standings.

This week Ebron and Michel started the week off with almost 50 combined points. Now I'm hoping to end this week at 4-1. No thanks to Mr. Leonard Fournette.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna bother to say it, but I too, would have been 4-0 in one league were it not for FOurnette (week 4 specifically, managed to win weeks 1-3 w/o him)

Started Gano, Bengals D, and Zach Ertz. 

Could be the most points I ever got from TE, K, and D combined 

TDs just absolutely rained in. 

Start Jordy? Got a TD.

Start Juju? Got a TD.

Start Gordon? Got a TD.

Start Ertz? Got a TD

Start CMac? Got a TD

Start Sony? Got a TD

Start Conner? Got 2 TDs 

Start Bengals D? Got 2 TDs

Start Panthers D? Got a TD

QB? Rivers with 340 yards and 2 TDs. 

Just demolished the competition as I vault back to leading in total points scored. 

I still got Kamara in both of my leagues tomorrow night. 

Edited by Tenner
  • Like 1

Never scored below 125 points in a week because of my RB group, but also never exceeded 140 because of my WR's(drafted Hogan and Baldwin to be my starters LOL).  Thankfully, about to be 5-0 if Jordan Reed scores 4.6 points

I'm 1-3 going in and have lost 3 games by a total of 6 points. As a Bell/Fournette owner, I'm really having to work to stay competitive. Yesterday, I was facing the person who picked up James Conner 18 hours before Bell announced he wasn't reporting for week 1. I badly needed a win at 1-3 to stay relevant, so last Monday I had picked up Tennessee to sub in for Jax this weekend, but had to drop the Titans again when Hilton and Fuller both looked unlikely to play. So, I dropped Tennessee to pick up a flex player (Alshon Jeffrey) to make sure I could field a full team if both of them couldn't go. Guess who picks up Tennessee? Same person - my opponent for this week.

Once I realized Fuller was gonna play, though, I decided to take a chance and drop Jeffrey for a defense again (which Pat Daugherty, to his credit, thought would be a good move when I asked him during his live show). Besides, Mahomes is my QB, so having him and Jacksonville at the same time was going to cap my upside. Tennessee's gone, obviously, so I do a little research and decide on Cincinnati over SF, based on Miami's OL woes. Bengals come through incredibly huge with 22 points and 2 TDs! I also pick up Ryan Succop as my kicking streamer to offset Tennessee in case they have a huge defensive day and wind up with the ball in Bills' territory all afternoon. Succop gets 4 FGs, 16 total points. Plus, Tennessee only gets like 5 points. Wow. Those defense/kicker moves are paying off incredibly.

Still, Effing Conner puts up 30 against me and Saquon gets another 26 or so for my opponent, and then I lose Brandin Cooks with a big fat zero, so by late afternoon it looks like I'm in trouble again ... until Zach Ertz gets about 11 points on that final Philly drive to put me three points ahead. Even though Fuller only gets 15 yards during SNF, I win by 4.5. Crazy day.

Started Luck over Mahomes last week despite all of you ridiculing me 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Started Luck over Mahomes last week despite all of you ridiculing me 

Mahomes is an every week start, even on his bye.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Mahomes is an every week start, even on his bye.

Luck outscore him by a decent margin. So disagreed.

About the only cool thing to happen this season: pickup bears d after the mack trade and drop alfred morris. Get a text from my rival 2 hours later that mckinnon tore his acl and he picked up morris. But guess who he dropped to pickup morris... james conner, who I snatched up. Thanks bro