Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuzzy_Slippers

8/18 - GAME DAY THREAD

Need big games today out of Mikolas and Folty! Geaux Bengalz!

Is there a reason the Stros continue to trot out Yuli Gurriel everyday. He's been horrific for a month plus now. .205 woba 26 wRC+ Woof. Why not see what Tyler White can do- 

That throw by Danny Jansen and what/how he threw he has no business behind home

2 hours ago, ghostdragon said:

I have a feeling Severino is gonna get hammered.. making a small wager on the jays.. can’t hurt

At least you didn’t lose too much money!

A step in the right direction for Sev, but still very wild. I could see him as a great streaming against certain matchups but against a weak TOR... he needed to make it through at least 6IP. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

That throw by Danny Jansen and what/how he threw he has no business behind home

Yes he does.  What he's been doing with the bat (in a very small sample size) means he belongs back there for catcher eligibility.  Fantasy baseball means more than however many bad throws he makes for Toronto. :D

In all seriousness, while I don't feel like actually taking the time to rewind the game and watch the play, I think it might be a little drastic to say he actually doesn't belong back there based off of one bad play.

Nice to see Tim Hudson in the A's booth. He was a solid pitcher in his day. 

Rain delay in Mets/philly.  Would suck if degrom can’t make it back out.

4 minutes ago, herschel said:

Rain delay in Mets/philly.  Would suck if degrom can’t make it back out.

He might be able to, the rain is supposed to subside within the hour, unless someone in Philly can give us an update.

27 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Nice to see Tim Hudson in the A's booth. He was a solid pitcher in his day. 

Lot of A's at the game today.  Mulder and Zito.  Lidle (RIP)'s wife.  Really cool to see the gang back together again.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Yes he does.  What he's been doing with the bat (in a very small sample size) means he belongs back there for catcher eligibility.  Fantasy baseball means more than however many bad throws he makes for Toronto. :D

In all seriousness, while I don't feel like actually taking the time to rewind the game and watch the play, I think it might be a little drastic to say he actually doesn't belong back there based off of one bad play.

Rewind it ....it was something I never seen from a catcher 

Jansen stepped around Didi and threw the ball where the second baseman stands 

14 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

He might be able to, the rain is supposed to subside within the hour, unless someone in Philly can give us an update.

I live about 15 miles from CBP and it’s not raining where I am. I do hear a little thunder off and on though. 

The weather says there is a 30% chance the thunderstorm will continue into the 6 o’clock hour. 

I hope degrom can get back out there. 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Rewind it ....it was something I never seen from a catcher 

Jansen stepped around Didi and threw the ball where the second baseman stands 

Where can I see this?

2 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Where can I see this?

The game was on mlb network 

10 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Lot of A's at the game today.  Mulder and Zito.  Lidle (RIP)'s wife.  Really cool to see the gang back together again.

Wow Cory Lidle - still remember that crash. Terribly sad. Can't believe it was going on 12 years ago now. 

Jermaine Dye joiming the booth after the break.  Celebrating the 20 game streak bested by the Indians last year.

Really amazing job my BMel getting so much production from this staff especially Fiers, Jackson, Cahill.

2 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Wow Cory Lidle - still remember that crash. Terribly sad. Can't believe it was going on 12 years ago now. 

Yep.  Lidle was the overshadowed 6 IP 2-3 ER workhorse.  Cool to see the crew talked to his widow.