wendellrott

0 RB's is not a good strategy for 2018

57 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

or at least mediocre

Idk.. I draft in auctions and the wrs have been a great value. Every time I spend on top tier valued wrs, I'm happy with my team. I agree that I'd prefer to get top th talent, but if the value is at the wr, I'll pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

Thank goodness I only do auction drafts now. I get who i'm willing to pay for

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

It was a pretty lamo strat to begin with 

Whenever that is the sentiment, it's time to consider zero RB seriously. 

• Like 3

I think zero RB doesn’t make sense, but taking a RB in the 1st/2nd round then waiting on the rest does.

If you get a RB stud (must start regardless of matchup) you’re not overdrafting the position.  

D. Freeman is the last ‘stud’ available.  After that it’s upside “could be’s”...

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Whenever that is the sentiment, it's time to consider zero RB seriously. 

Generally that’s mathematically true.  

But if everyone says “don’t jump off that cliff” it might be time to second guess yourself.  Those paper mache wiings you’ve taped to your back might not cut it...

5 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I think zero RB doesn’t make sense, but taking a RB in the 1st/2nd round then waiting on the rest does.

If you get a RB stud (must start regardless of matchup) you’re not overdrafting the position.  

D. Freeman is the last ‘stud’ available.  After that it’s upside “could be’s”...

I'd throw Howard and McCoy in there but I agree

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wendellrott said:

or at least mediocre

Its about extracting value - and in some years, it seemed like the old model of "get RB RB" was ineffective because they were reaching and thus guys going stud WR and stud WR were getting good value and there were enough RB's to really make it work.  

Logically this isn't true.  WR's are falling further than ever.  If you can start your draft Odell Beckham, Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, then Kelce or Ertz in the 4th, Rodgers or Wilson in the 5th, Marvin Jones or Corey Davis in the 6th you're at a clear advantage at every position but RB.

Take some fliers late like Aaron Jones, James White, Peyton Barber, Jordan Wilkins, Rob Kelley or Perine, Matt Brieda, Bilal Powell, and Jeremy Hill.

I'm not even a 0 RB guy and I'll never do it but it can definitely work and honestly this is probably the year to do it.

• Like 1

Disagree kinda. If you are top 4 in 10 team, I think the optimal play is actually to take your round 1 rb and then do a "zero rb" strategy.

You can get 4 solid WRs like Adams, Hilton, Hill, and Cooper and then take rb fliers like

Dion Lewis, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Crowell, Burkhead

1 minute ago, vipulr said:

Disagree kinda. If you are top 4 in 10 team, I think the optimal play is actually to take your round 1 rb and then do a "zero rb" strategy.

You can get 4 solid WRs like Adams, Hilton, Hill, and Cooper and then take rb fliers like

Lol.

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I'd throw Howard and McCoy in there but I agree

Definitely consider Howard a stud.

I'm wary of McCoy this year, but hard to say he isn't a stud too.

McCaffrey I think is borderline, and might clinch ppr stud status in his 2nd year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vipulr said:

lol? 

Taking a round 1 RB is like the complete opposite of zero RB.

• Thanks 1

I get that so that's why I disagree a little bit and showed why I think taking WRs in the middle and maybe TE and taking late rb fliers is the best option in my opinion. That's the principle of zero rb right? Take WRs and TEs early and maybe QB, and then take RB fliers later?

2 hours ago, vipulr said:

I get that so that's why I disagree a little bit and showed why I think taking WRs in the middle and maybe TE and taking late rb fliers is the best option in my opinion. That's the principle of zero rb right? Take WRs and TEs early and maybe QB, and then take RB fliers later?

Zero RB does not entail taking a RB in the first round.

Unless you were extremely lucky ZeroRB doomed your roster to a bunch of mediocre RBs and no real path to improvement.

If you have a waiver wire in your league you always have an easier avenue to improve at WR. You can stream WRs far better than you can stream RBs. Few teams can win a chip without making moves along the way.

9 hours ago, vipulr said:

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christia