dudewithabadcat

James White 2018 Outlook

Is this a sell high moment for White or do you think he will keep this output for the ROS?

41 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

Is this a sell high moment for White or do you think he will keep this output for the ROS?

Honestly? I don’t think they can win without him (the more they use this guy the better they are, every single time), so I just don’t see an avenue where he dies off.

46 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

I'm not certain where he stands after this past game but going into it he was 9th in total points at the RB position in standard and 7th in PPR.  He has 5 TDs in 6 games and his lowest total yardage in a game is 51. I don't see him sustaining RB1 production ROS so if you can get equivalent value he is a sell high imo. I don't see him dropping off drastically though and I think looks like a good bet to finish in the top 15 at the RB position in PPR while in standard I think you need to lower that bar to like top 24. 

His usage has been strong in the early going with 29 carries (which is well on his way to a career high) and a team leading 51 targets. His role as the receiving back and change of pace back in the Pats high powered offense is very secure. The only threats to him going forward are the continued emergence of Michel who although he hasn't shown it thus far is a capable receiver and imo a better dual threat than White which could lead to him seeing a higher snap % as the season goes on since he is more versatile (better receiver than White is a rusher imo). The other threat is just that Pats have a lot of weapons on offense and White could easily disappear in a game especially if they jump out to an early lead (Gronk has played a significantly smaller role than normal this season as well so I'm not sure that continues). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 3FLi said:

I traded him this morning in standard, but in PPR I wouldn’t even consider it unless I was getting something outrageous in return.  

I think he continues getting yardage totals/catches similar to what we have seen so far, but his TDs will regress due to the emergence of Michel & Gordon, return of Edelman, and the enevitable fact that Gronk won’t continue to get shutout in the red zone.  I see him maybe getting at most 4-5 more TDs this year, which isn’t that big of a deal in PPR, but sees him drop down a bit in standard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jay85 said:

Traded him in PPR as part of the package for Mixon.

What was the other half of the package?

8 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

What was the other half of the package?

Arob 

4 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Arob 

I'm barfing, jk that's not terrible 

Edited by meekzy

White is not only locked in but has stayed relatively healthy in his career.

Michel has had a knee issue already and other injuries in college.

If he were to be unavailable White would e the n have a more expanded role.

I do see the Patriots still trading for a Doug Martin/Hyde type before the trade deadline to support Michel....they are painfully thin 

10 hours ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Where are all the "Julian Edelman's return will kill James White's value" truthers now? 

I’m a big White fan, but curious what his target share was pre Edelman?

8 hours ago, meekzy said:

I'm barfing, jk that's not terrible 

Not terrible interesting. (Will pm you) 

White is loosing Rushing Attempts to Michel. I mean with that many weapons you are gambling for him to have 5+ targets. I am not sure how he will be towards the end of the season. He could be solid or JAG. I guess we will find out. Still own him in another league. Remember right now gronk is JAG... what will happen once he is back in the gronkmania? Who will suffer on the targets? 

1 hour ago, Jay85 said:

Not terrible interesting. (Will pm you) 

White is loosing Rushing Attempts to Michel. I mean with that many weapons you are gambling for him to have 5+ targets. I am not sure how he will be towards the end of the season. He could be solid or JAG. I guess we will find out. Still own him in another league. Remember right now gronk is JAG... what will happen once he is back in the gronkmania? Who will suffer on the targets? 

I think Gronk is kind of done in terms of targets and target share. Might be a cynical Belichick since Gronk's contract is tied to incentives. Gronk doesn't receive red-zone targets anymore. They use Gronk when absolutely necessary.

Bill Simmons compared Gronk to a sports car that's been in the garage for a while. You don't use it often, but when you do, you gotta rev it up for a short time. He's a huge Pats fan and is as dialed in as anyone.

James White has a 10 point floor in 0.5 PPR. Tough to beat that. Although, I didn't see him much in the first half. Barner was in there over him which was a bit scary but White came through and delivered. 

10 hours ago, herschel said:

I’m a big White fan, but curious what his target share was pre Edelman?

Hovering around the same margin - led the team in targets and was demanding ~1/4 of Brady’s pass attempts. 

Not much has changed AND the Pats have begun to score more points 

• Like 1

This game v. Chicago has me perplexed,  Chicago is one of the top teams stopping RBs both running and receiving UNTIL LAST WEEK.  How was Miami able to be so successful?  Was it because of the unusually high temperatures out there in Miami that wore out the defense? 

So, this week, back in cooler Chicago...do they revert back to eating RBs, or does James White continue to get his td and 14 fantasy points? 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

This game v. Chicago has me perplexed,  Chicago is one of the top teams stopping RBs both running and receiving UNTIL LAST WEEK.  How was Miami able to be so successful?  Was it because of the unusually high temperatures out there in Miami that wore out the defense? 

So, this week, back in cooler Chicago...do they revert back to eating RBs, or does James White continue to get his td and 14 fantasy points? 

No Gronk frees up targets in the passing game. White will continue to be involved and will most likely be needed to counter the pass rush. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

No Gronk frees up targets in the passing game. White will continue to be involved and will most likely be needed to counter the pass rush. 

I didn’t know Gronkowski was out.....I guess I’ve been so giddy when I heard Hyde was trade, nothing else matters.  He looked fine in that KC game.

Edited by TennisMenace

17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I think he will be needed more to block, than anything.  

1 hour ago, herschel said:

I think he will be needed more to block, than anything.  

Allen will be blocking....

White will be receiving.

It's been quite obvious, at least for us Tom Brady owners, that James White is the key for Brady. Not Edelman. Not Gronk. Not Michel. It's this amazing little guy.

• Like 1

love this guy. interested to hear what michel's injury status is and if barner might be worth adding, he's a pretty good back too.