Rotoworld.com Forums

Rudy Gay 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still laughing? Gay is putting up top 70 value and Bamba is rank outside top 150 so far

Just wanna get this quoted so we have it when he finishes as a Top-100 player 

Being rested for tonight's game on the front end of a b2b.  Picked him up in a weekly league because the Spurs have 4 games/week for 4 straight weeks.  Really hope this doesn't become a trend moving forward.  If it were any other team I wouldn't be worried but Pop gonna Pop so you never know if he sits for the rest of the upcoming b2b's.

Don't drop him in ROTO league. He got consistent minutes in close games before he was put on IL. The injury wasn't considered serious and he was a draft day steal. It's just Pop wants to keep him healthy for the playoffs (he played 30+ min per game last postseason)

Edited by sickrookie
5 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

I read he went to locker room again but came back sitting on the bench for final minutes. 

Anyone see this?

He didn't go down.  Just checked out during free throws.  They never did a follow up on the broadcast, other than saying he was back on the bench.

14 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

He was killing it today too, really hope hes not injured. Cant decide if I prefer him in the bench role with the green light to do his thing or get more minutes with the starters, Derozan and LMA aren’t exactly the most willing of passers

He needs to be in the starting line up to help with boards and take pressure off those guys. Spacing is the issue and I’m guessing Forbes sticks in the line up, which pushes Gay to the 4. More rebounds!

48 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

He needs to be in the starting line up to help with boards and take pressure off those guys. Spacing is the issue and I’m guessing Forbes sticks in the line up, which pushes Gay to the 4. More rebounds!

Rudy isn’t exactly an incredible 3pt shooter though, running with White and Forbes as the guards gives them good spacing while still having Gay’s offense against 2nd units.. Dunno more minutes is always best though

52 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Rudy isn’t exactly an incredible 3pt shooter though, running with White and Forbes as the guards gives them good spacing while still having Gay’s offense against 2nd units.. Dunno more minutes is always best though

He's coming back from an injury.. Played 21 mins and then DNP and now 25 mins. His minutes will increase.

1 hour ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Since Gay has sustained the injury, they’ve gone 1-5. He’s not a great 3pt shooter, but he is someone who can create his own shot. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Gasol comes back.

8 minutes ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

Rudy's been low key real solid ...drafted him 121st and he's been a great glue guy, little but of everything.  And rebounding like a boss

Have him in all 3 of my leagues and he really has been giving me a good boost. Loving the FT% and volume too. Once the stocks come in consistently... Watch out. 

Edited by TheBoondocks