Rotoworld.com Forums

Rudy Gay 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still laughing? Gay is putting up top 70 value and Bamba is rank outside top 150 so far

Just wanna get this quoted so we have it when he finishes as a Top-100 player 

55 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Seems like this might linger awhile I'm not sure it makes sense to hold...

Guess it depends on your league settings... He’ll hopefully get he Inj tag soon and I’ll use the spot to stream till he gets back. No one providing value close to his in my FA pool. 

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

This guy and dennis smith jr stay on Out or GTD.  Annoying, DnD list

What you expect man he tore his achilles. It's actually amazing how good he has been since recovering from that. The Spurs will be SUPER cautious with every type of injury he will have because they know his production is great when they have him playing, and they will make sure they have him when they need him. 

It's also why I didn't hesitate dropping him earlier in the season when he missed time because his heel and ankle were sore but people ragged me for it. 

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

You drafted him around 130? I cannot see how a guy producing so much value can go to dnd list because he has missed 8-9 games. I would definitely draft him in the same spot if we redo my League's draft right now.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

You drafted him around 130? I cannot see how a guy producing so much value can go to dnd list because he has missed 8-9 games. I would definitely draft him in the same spot if we redo my League's draft right now.

Feels like he has missed more than nine games

2 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Most of us, including me, got Gay with our last pick....

I have guys in my league with players they drafted in the 6/7/8th round and they are not even performing half of what Gay is..

How can someone be upset someone they got in the last round, or around pick 150+, and  they only missed what...9 or 10 games so far?

Common dude....

1 minute ago, crocp said:

I have guys in my league with players they drafted in the 6/7/8th round and they are not even performing half of what Gay is..

How can someone be upset someone they got in the last round, or around pick 150+, and  they only missed what...9 or 10 games so far?

Common dude....

Depends on league - h2h vs. roto. In h2h leagues I want nothing to do with Gay and the Spurs treatment of him. Any little thing and he will not play. In roto he has been and will continue to be an excellent source of production because the missed games not a big deal. 

14 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Depends on league - h2h vs. roto. In h2h leagues I want nothing to do with Gay and the Spurs treatment of him. Any little thing and he will not play. In roto he has been and will continue to be an excellent source of production because the missed games not a big deal. 

Again, it was most peoples LAST pick. If he sucks or gets shut down, I can cut him and pick up someone else. What is the issue?

He has been awesome in H2H....ride him until tjhe wheels fall off...then pick up someone else when the time comes.

Its not that hard.

45 minutes ago, crocp said:

Again, it was most peoples LAST pick. If he sucks or gets shut down, I can cut him and pick up someone else. What is the issue?

He has been awesome in H2H....ride him until tjhe wheels fall off...then pick up someone else when the time comes.

Its not that hard.

in 12t H2H with 15 spots one IL, you wont find an easy replacement for his production.

1 hour ago, crocp said:

Common dude....

I dont put much stock in where a player was drafted, I only focus on production afterwards.  Draft been over.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, crocp said:

Its not that hard.

Where you picked a guy becomes irrelevant after the draft. Production is all that matters. Gay has provided good production even though he missed a fair amount of games. Its clear he will miss games now and ros. If there is a strong add available with good ros prospects do not hesitate to drop gay. I dropped gay after his first injury this season and that turned into being able to add Warren. If i held on, no warren or early 3rd round production that should continue all season. This was lucky but still, it happens often.  

Gay was dropped in my league yesterday. Im in 1st and will not be using a waiver claim on him and doubt anyone in the league will. That tells you what you need to know. If your IR is open obv you just put him there i dont think that needs to be said it should be assumed but there some low lvl thinkers on here. 

33 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Where you picked a guy becomes irrelevant after the draft. Production is all that matters. Gay has provided good production even though he missed a fair amount of games. Its clear he will miss games now and ros. If there is a strong add available with good ros prospects do not hesitate to drop gay. I dropped gay after his first injury this season and that turned into being able to add Warren. If i held on, no warren or early 3rd round production that should continue all season. This was lucky but still, it happens often.  

Gay was dropped in my league yesterday. Im in 1st and will not be using a waiver claim on him and doubt anyone in the league will. That tells you what you need to know. If your IR is open obv you just put him there i dont think that needs to be said it should be assumed but there some low lvl thinkers on here. 

Man people in your league drops players like Rudy Gay and TJ Warren? That's crazy

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Anecdotal input like this is usually better received when taking league settings into account.  Your league obviously isn't very deep but I would assume this is 10-teams, where a guy like T.J. Buckets hits the wire after a rough patch early in the season. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Well on that league somebody dropped Gay for Bamba.

LOL oh that's right! He's the guy that dropped Gay for Bamba and kept coming back for the "I told you so!" every time Bamby had 8 points, 2 blocks or when Gay missed a game. 

Now I know why he dropped Gay for Bamba. Who knows, maybe Paul Millsap, Gary Harris, or Eric Gordon are sitting in his FA right now

18 hours ago, 80version said:

Anecdotal input like this is usually better received when taking league settings into account.  Your league obviously isn't very deep but I would assume this is 10-teams, where a guy like T.J. Buckets hits the wire after a rough patch early in the season. 

12 team $150 league in its 8th season with the same people but ya i guess not competitive lol. Warren was on many many wires at one point he had a 0 point game and then did not play the next game his ownership was around 50% at the time or less (this was a long time ago haf warren for while now)

So many bad owners in this thread that have no clue how to fantasy. I bet they all dropping gay right now...too late though the hot wire guys like white and winslow long gone