sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Anyone think this news leak (forced on Rapsheet or not) will mess with Conner's head tonight?

Poor play = Open to Bell return?

2 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Anyone think this news leak (forced on Rapsheet or not) will mess with Conner's head tonight?

If anything he will play harder to make the Steelers tell Bell to really go F himself

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pdizzle710 said:

1 "poor play" week isnt going to erase 8 weeks of domination 

• Like 1

"I don't know what his plans are, but I would say at this point we expect him to come back next week," Steelers owner Art Rooney II said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday. "We know he's back in Pittsburgh and so we're hoping to have some communications with him over the weekend and we're kind of expecting he will be back next week."

Yes.....the knowledge and desire is coursing through Rooney's veins:rolleyes:

edit: Rooney audio in here

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/08/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-art-rooney-holdout/

Edited by Joe Odam

Wasn't the Bell back in Pittsburgh news already covered earlier this week?  Don't see how this is 'breaking news' minus the anonymously sourced "their chomping at the bit" to have them back part.  This report doesn't make me anymore nervous or excited.  It's still just a wait and see till Tuesday, 50/50 coin flip to me.  

'

Just now, poofinger said:

Come on Bell.   Come on back and restore order to leagues worldwide. 

Restore order or bring more chaos? At best there will be a RBBC which would hurt the Bell owners who cuffed Conner AND the owners who speculated on Conner. It only really helps the Bell owners who didn't grab Conner and that's debatable since a RBBC Bell is likely only a FLEX play.

5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Now all of a sudden the everyone wants him back? They have a winning record and Conner is doing a great job, I don’t buy it! 

I don’t buy it either, Tomlin has nothing good to say about him and all the sudden they want him back “very badly”, doesn’t make any sense.

10 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Come on Bell.   Come on back and restore order to leagues worldwide. 

Yes. Please come back and make Bell and Connor both RB2’s. 

Source: I has neither. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Restore order or bring more chaos? At best there will be a RBBC which would hurt the Bell owners who cuffed Conner AND the owners who speculated on Conner. It only really helps the Bell owners who didn't grab Conner and that's debatable since a RBBC Bell is likely only a FLEX play.

No it helps every owner except the one that picked up a top 5 RB for free.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Stop hating on us quick fingered folks who picked up Conner off the waiver.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

How does it help the Bell owners who cuffed w/ Conner? They lose a top 3 RB and get two RB2/3's in his place.

• Like 2

the chuckleheads (mostly Irvin) on the NFLN pregame were referencing Bell's return as a fait accompli ... they were 100% certain that the Stillers will welcome him back with open arms. 

i will only believe it when i see it ... let's get our work done tonight, Mr. ConnEr!

Right before game time all this non sense? Shouldn’t the game be the only subject on hand rather than a no show? Bell even removed from his Twitter that’s he’s a Steeler running back....

38 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Exactly.  I have neither one.  Let’s make it a S###show

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Right before game time all this non sense? Shouldn’t the game be the only subject on hand rather than a no show? Bell even removed from his Twitter that’s he’s a Steeler running back....

not for the media......it's clicks, #'s, @'s, shares, likes, comments.......you know....all the things that don't matter in real life. 

1 hour ago, Godfather131 said:

Anyone have any news about his concussion? If he doesn't go next week, who gets bulk of carries?

Bell :(

Let’s get some hard hitting analysis on this  “time to pass the sticks” Bell tweet. The most likely interpretation is that Bell is saying it’s time for the backfield to be handed over to him. Any chance he is saying it’s officially time for the torch to be passed to Conner? Feels like a really douchey thing to say it’s time for him to take over because his teammate got a concussion and adding sunglasses emojis lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfather131 said:

Anyone have any news about his concussion? If he doesn't go next week, who gets bulk of carries?

No news yet. 

Would you trust either Samuels or Ridley in your starting lineup? 

I mean he was evaluated in the tent and allowed to come back.

It was a huge blowout and they really had no reason to risk keeping him out there.

The whole timing of it is really too coincidental with Bell's return on the horizon.  It kind of makes Bell's return inevitable.

• Haha 1

Ridley no.  Samuels yes.

• Like 1