sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Just don’t see why Bell would come back at this point. If he’s already sacrificed all of this money and reputation for that guaranteed contract, why would he come back now? He sits out all year and he gets that big contract he’s been holding out for. There’s no advantage to him coming back now. Also, surprised I haven’t seen it in here, but a few days ago Bell changed his twitter bio from “Steelers Running Back” to “NFL Running Back.” This guy is not showing up this season. 

46 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Conner and Lev are boys, Bell has been really supportive. This is probably a wink wink deal. Conner is going to sit out a week so Bell can ride in like a hero and help the team. Too much?

kid stop it GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Just don’t see why Bell would come back at this point. If he’s already sacrificed all of this money and reputation for that guaranteed contract, why would he come back now? He sits out all year and he gets that big contract he’s been holding out for. There’s no advantage to him coming back now. Also, surprised I haven’t seen it in here, but a few days ago Bell changed his twitter bio from “Steelers Running Back” to “NFL Running Back.” This guy is not showing up this season. 

Its been mentioned.

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Conner and Lev are boys, Bell has been really supportive. This is probably a wink wink deal. Conner is going to sit out a week so Bell can ride in like a hero and help the team. Too much?

Conner told a reporter for the pregame that he hasn't spoke to be Bell all season, and only heard from him threw a couple tweets.  I wouldn't call them boys.

I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to be a giddy or depressed Conner owner...I thought we were celebrating 24 hours ago that Bell wasn't coming back.  Just so I get it straight, are we supposed to be celebrating Bell not returning on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and lamenting his imminent return this season on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday? (Obviously Sunday is the Football Lord's day of rest....)

Edited by soccerphysio
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to be a giddy or depressed Conner owner...I thought we were celebrating 24 hours ago that Bell wasn't coming back.  Just so I get it straight, are we supposed to be celebrating Bell not returning on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and lamenting his imminent return this season on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday? (Obviously Sunday is the Football Lord's day of rest....)

I'd say don't plan to celebrate anything until after Tuesday.  

• Thanks 1

Kind of a weird game for Conner. I can't be upset with his production though. He basically played 2 quarters of football. You'd just think in a game where the Steelers scored 52 points, he'd have been more a part of it.

3 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Kind of a weird game for Conner. I can't be upset with his production though. He basically played 2 quarters of football. You'd just think in a game where the Steelers scored 52 points, he'd have been more a part of it.

Didn't even play 2 quarters.

game was over before half time - maybe a few minutes into 3rd quarter.  Same with other star players - all taken out and others put in.

16 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Short week coming off a 31 touch game vs a very physical Balt D.  They got up big early and saw a chance to limit his touches.

• Like 1

Dez Bryant suffered a possible torn achilles. Has to be sitting on the mind of Bell as he looks toward a late season return... Another big name bites the dust. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Dez Bryant suffered a possible torn achilles. Has to be sitting on the mind of Bell as he looks toward a late season return... Another big name bites the dust. 

E-xact-ly

Yea, gotta hope Le'Veon sees what just happened to Dez and that makes him want to stay away more. 

3 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Conner told a reporter for the pregame that he hasn't spoke to be Bell all season, and only heard from him threw a couple tweets.  I wouldn't call them boys.

in an interview last month, he said Bell is "his guy" so i'll take it from the horses mouth that they are cool with each other

12 minutes ago, Panthor said:

in an interview last month, he said Bell is "his guy" so i'll take it from the horses mouth that they are cool with each other

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1347185219506?utm_campaign=share_buttons&utm_medium=fscom&utm_content=return_visit&utm_term=video-index&utm_source=share_url

Agreed, Conner talks about getting texts from LeVeon in the interview above.

Edited by vercrazy

I don't think Leveon will report. If he was in doubt, Dez just reminded him what the situation could be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

But the guys write a different story in Le’Veon & Conner threads 

1 minute ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone have both Conner and Bell like myself? Not sure what kind of emotions I should be feeling.

Not me. 

Trying to walk in your shoes... I'd be conflicted too... Conner would certainly go down from high end RB1 but you'd get the bonus of some productivity out of Bell.. is that worth the trade off? 

idk. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

I'd say don't plan to celebrate anything until after Tuesday.  

Tuesday at 4pm

25 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

I don't think Leveon will report. If he was in doubt, Dez just reminded him what the situation could be.

Yeah this, Dez could have had a great 2nd half season and show off he has some left in the tank with Drew throwing him the ball, than BAM! Potentially tears his achilles and probably screwed himself out of millions, he turned down a lot of contracts from multiple teams that were offering way more than the saints. Heard on the radio that the Ravens were offering about in the 5mil range.

Edited by CABLE87

19 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone have both Conner and Bell like myself? Not sure what kind of emotions I should be feeling.

you sit back and enjoy your view from the top because you're golden regardless of what the outcome is

• Like 1

Just now, Panthor said:

you sit back and enjoy your view from the top because you're golden regardless of what the outcome is

not necessarily.  Could be a timeshare disaster.

• Like 1

Just now, Funkenstein said:

not necessarily.  Could be a timeshare disaster.

don't see that happening, simply because at this point in the season there is no way to take away carries from Conner, both guys would be able to see the field at the same time with Bell lined up all over the field.  if anything it takes value from the TEs and possibly Brown and JuJu as Bell would take targets from them

• Like 1