sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

When will we next get an update on Conner's progress through the concussion protocol?

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

When will we next get an update on Conner's progress through the concussion protocol?

I"d guess Monday or Tuesday.

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Yeah this, Dez could have had a great 2nd half season and show off he has some left in the tank with Drew throwing him the ball, than BAM! Potentially tears his achilles and probably screwed himself out of millions, he turned down a lot of contracts from multiple teams that were offering way more than the saints. Heard on the radio that the Ravens were offering about in the 5mil range.

That’s true but people can’t just point the finger at one side and ignore that both Bell and Dez chose to stay off the field for an extended period of time. I’m not say that’s what caused Dez to get injured but it’s absolutely a potential factor. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

That’s true but people can’t just point the finger at one side and ignore that both Bell and Dez chose to stay off the field for an extended period of time. I’m not say that’s what caused Dez to get injured but it’s absolutely a potential factor. 

Its a risk, aside from me hoping Bell stays away as a Conner owner. Theres pros and cons. Bell could play and potentially become a super bowl champion or risk getting hurt and screw himself out of millions and holding out would have been for nothing... who knows. Only Bell knows whats best for him and I don’t blame him for holding out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Day after Bell doesn’t show up he should miraculously heal! Lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

awfully quiet in here. Kinda miss you guys (in a hetero, fellow Conner owner type of way)

i hear ya ... been one hell of a ride thus far.  even with Thursday's "meh" outing we still got a tuddy to hang our hats on.  

this kid's gonna be fine regardless of how all this plays out ... he's faced, and beaten, much more adversity than a noggin knock and a two bit rapper rumored to be taking his gig. 

the sun is gonna shine again for all of us .... we gon' get that remarkable finish we all need from Conner. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i hear ya ... been one hell of a ride thus far.  even with Thursday's "meh" outing we still got a tuddy to hang our hats on.  

this kid's gonna be fine regardless of how all this plays out ... he's faced, and beaten, much more adversity than a noggin knock and a two bit rapper rumored to be taking his gig. 

the sun is gonna shine again for all of us .... we gon' get that remarkable finish we all need from Conner. 

what makes you think it'll work out for Conner?  I'm hoping you're right.. just wondering.  Are you thinking he doesn't sign by the deadline?  If he comes back, I'm sure Conner still plays.. but how can you count on more than 50/50?  

1 hour ago, myersisu said:

what makes you think it'll work out for Conner?  I'm hoping you're right.. just wondering.  Are you thinking he doesn't sign by the deadline?  If he comes back, I'm sure Conner still plays.. but how can you count on more than 50/50?  

“Hey James,

Listen, thanks so much for your all pro contributions on the field and your off the charts endearment to the city of Pittsburgh off the field but I’m afraid we’re going to have to relegate you to handcuff status. After all, the guy that refused to talk to us all year is back now so....yeah. You understand right??

signed,

nobody on planet earth”

• Haha 3

Literally thought there was a 0% chance of this. Wow.  Automatic top 5 RB ROS with Bell out.  I'm still in shock dude lol

• Like 2

The reporters have been wrong all year long about Bell’s reporting date/intentions. The fact that they are reporting now that he will not show up on Tuesday actually makes me nervous as a Conner owner that he now will show up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

as always.....I need a source

Its an Adam Schefter article and it says, “multiple league sources believe”

Its not definitive but its as good as youll get

Edited by HTM

I never thought once Bell was coming back the second he missed week 1. It just never made sense.

I will admit I did try to sell Connor before week 1 cause I didn’t think he’d be a top 5 RB. I love being wrong.

Love the news but there's a small part of me that's jealous of you Conner owners who didn't draft Bell like some of us did. You guys get a top5 back ROS on top of the first or second rounder you got instead of Bell. Us Bell owners pretty much just get the production we expected from Bell from Conner. 

Oh man i want to jump in joy, but i want to save this excitement for after 4pm tuesday

Edited by CABLE87

1 minute ago, dams513 said:

Why not ridley?

it seems just....wrong to talk about Conner's insurance right now but if we must then I'd submit that it's because Ridley is completely devoid of talent

Cliff notes:

YIPPPEEEEE CONNER

BOOOOOOO Ridley

1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

it seems just....wrong to talk about Conner's insurance right now but if we must then I'd submit that it's because Ridley is completely devoid of talent

Cliff notes:

YIPPPEEEEE CONNER

BOOOOOOO Ridley

Fair enough, but I just checked the box score(stopped watching the game after the first quarter) and i saw Samuel with 2 yards per carry, tho he did get some catches.