sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

As a Conner owner, I will save the celebration until after Tuesdays deadline but rest assured, this news is BIG for Conner owners everywhere. Who knew? We did!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone else just meh? 

I drafted this guy in the 14th. Drafted Kamara too. 

Yet i might not make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Tenner said:

Anyone else just meh? 

Did you trade picks 2-13 for Jay Ajayi's knees?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Anyone else just meh? 

My team with Conner is good, but he put me over the top and I've been crushing people. Basically this year he's made mediocre teams good, good teams great. If you're team isn't good even with him you must've had a bad draft. 

• Like 3

I had Alfred Morris and James Conner written on a piece of paper for my last pick. Decided to go with Conner a pick before the Bell owner.

I hope this kid will give many of you “cool story bro” moments for the rest of your days! If you have him in dynasty or snagged him in a keeper league this season, congrats on your cheat code!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

As a Conner owner, I will save the celebration until after Tuesdays deadline but rest assured, this news is BIG for Conner owners everywhere. Who knew? We did!!!!

Not a salty Bell owner I promise, but what news? People need to actually inform themselves instead of all these knee-jerk reactions to click bait articles. There is literally nothing new about this situation anywhere. Same old same old.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Not a salty Bell owner I promise, but what news? People need to actually inform themselves instead of all these knee-jerk reactions to click bait articles. There is literally nothing new about this situation anywhere. Same old same old.

This one sticks. Bell is not coming back. Not click bait at all. I will change my name to CLick Bait Dumb Dumb if Bell reports. Scouts honor. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

This one sticks. Bell is not coming back. Not click bait at all. I will change my name to CLick Bait Dumb Dumb if Bell reports. Scouts honor. 

He could have reported that it's likely that Bell will report by then and it would literally hold the same water. You may end up being right, but the reporting on this has been a mess and that tweet brings nothing new to light.

Edited by Ffguy0087

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

My team with Conner is good, but he put me over the top and I've been crushing people. Basically this year he's made mediocre teams good, good teams great. If you're team isn't good even with him you must've had a bad draft. 

For me it's just bad luck. Good drafts. Top scorer in one league; 2nd in another. Hovering around .500 record in both. 

2 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

You were always in the Bell thread with his sack on your chin each and everyday. 

2 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

I had Alfred Morris and James Conner written on a piece of paper for my last pick. Decided to go with Conner a pick before the Bell owner.

I hope this kid will give many of you “cool story bro” moments for the rest of your days! If you have him in dynasty or snagged him in a keeper league this season, congrats on your cheat code!

54 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

For me it's just bad luck. Good drafts. Top scorer in one league; 2nd in another. Hovering around .500 record in both. 

I lucked out with Cmc, Barkley and Conner. Top scoring team and in second place. 

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

Anyone else just meh? 

Nope just you

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

Anyone else just meh? 

Conner and Kamara and you might not make it? You much have drafted poorly between rounds 1-13th rounds. 

So... what are the chances Conner gets cleared for week 11?

1 hour ago, bwarbiany said:

Around .500 with the tiebreaker (assuming that points are the tiebreaker) gives you a legit shot, as luck tends to even out as sample sizes increase.

17 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Conner and Kamara and you might not make it? You much have drafted poorly between rounds 1-13th rounds. 

Not true. The "better" teams dont always win. It's very unlikely (read: impossible) for EVERY team to have those guys to be average or better due to the nature of the game. Thelin might decide to go from zero to 12/200/2 against your Antonio Brown and you're bamboozled. Ask the guys who are top 3 in scoring for 6 straight weeks but are 1-5. It happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Not true. The "better" teams dont always win. It's very unlikely (read: impossible) for EVERY team to have those guys to be average or better due to the nature of the game. Thelin might decide to go from zero to 12/200/2 against your Antonio Brown and you're bamboozled. Ask the guys who are top 3 in scoring for 6 straight weeks but are 1-5. It happens.

Ignore the won/lost record. PF=how good your team is. PA=how good your luck is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Conner and Kamara and you might not make it? You must have drafted poorly between rounds 1-13. 

Had to correct my spelling. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

3 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Sorry, but if you have the number 2 and number 3 ranked players at the most important position in fantasy football, there's really no reason you should be struggling to make the playoffs at the very least.

2 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Show me a time where Adam was wrong. Why would he post that if he doesnt know?

Hitting on two players is usually not enough to win in competitive leagues.  I recall my league mate in 2013 had Peyton Manning for cheap during his record breaking season, as well as Adrian Peterson's surprisingly dominant comeback season at about 1/3 the price of other top RBs that year, and yet he did not make the playoffs.

Our Kamara guy bought him for $1 at auction last year.  He did not make the playoffs, either.

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hitting on two players is usually not enough to win in competitive leagues.  I recall my league mate in 2013 had Peyton Manning for cheap during his record breaking season, as well as Adrian Peterson's surprisingly dominant comeback season at about 1/3 the price of other top RBs that year, and yet he did not make the playoffs.

Our Kamara guy bought him for $1 at auction last year.  He did not make the playoffs, either.

Lol you would of really had to f up your draft to not make playoffs with Kamara last year.  But to your point in one of my league a guy has Mahomes- Conner and at this point he would be out of playoffs.

If that report about Bell is actually true(theyve all been inaccurate), then wow, we got one of the greatest WW pickups of all time in Fantasy, or at least one of the greatest late round draft steals. He could very well win a few of us a championship this year. Feels like he barely played Thursday and still got us 13 lol

Remember when the roto writer said Le’Veon would come back after his twitter post? LMFAO.

3 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I lucked out with Cmc, Barkley and Conner. Top scoring team and in second place. 

My favorite part