sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

This ranks up there with Devonta Freeman and OBJ rookie years as the best waiver pickups ever. Freeman and OBJ were #1 at their positions when they played

I don’t know but today seems kind of odd. No show from Bell, what the hell, and Conner gets left with the starting job! - Ice Cube, Today was a Good Day in Fantasy

• Like 1

Expected to play week 11 and Le’Veon most likely out for the season. Holy s--- guys, we’re almost at the promise land!

• Like 1

One of the crazier developments I remember in FF. Wonder how many championship teams will have Conner on them. 60-70%?

I'm 9-0 right now and he's a big reason why.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, FF4life said:

I traded Zeke for Connor before the Cowboys-Titans game.

Feels so good right now man.

Bold move.  Too early to say if it was the correct one, but I like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squats&Milk said:

One of the crazier developments I remember in FF. Wonder how many championship teams will have Conner on them. 60-70%?

I'm 9-0 right now and he's a big reason why.

Same here. 9-0

52 minutes ago, FF4life said:

I got both in the 9-0 league

*plays ice cube - it was a good day*

Biggest regret of my season.  We drafted when I believe the news was out that Bell was planning to sit out I think one or two games.  Conner went undrafted.  Got outbid for him in the first post draft waivers when I tried to save $2.  Huge mistake.  

I think for sure he's a first round pick next year?  Those that have him will enjoy a run to the championship and he's an awesome keeper pick of course as well.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

I think for sure he's a first round pick next year?  Those that have him will enjoy a run to the championship and he's an awesome keeper pick of course as well.

I mean he's producing better than Bell in the same system, so I'd think first rounder. 

And keeper pick, heck yeah he is a good one. My first world FF problem is that in my keeper league I already had two great RBs (Hunt/Cook), then landed Conner, and also stumbled into Mack and Chubb and heck even Carson. Can keep 2. I'm having a really good season, a lot of waiver luck in there too. But keeper choices are going to give me an ulcer :P 

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bold move.  Too early to say if it was the correct one, but I like it.

why you being so bashful all the sudden?:huh:

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Biggest regret of my season.  We drafted when I believe the news was out that Bell was planning to sit out I think one or two games.  Conner went undrafted.  Got outbid for him in the first post draft waivers when I tried to save $2.  Huge mistake.  

I think for sure he's a first round pick next year?  

definite first round pick in 2019 - and i have a feeling it will be the first time in eons that the entire first rd is all RBs.  

consider ... (no particular order) - 

Gurley

Barkley

Hunt

MGIII

Conner

Zeke

DJ

CMaC

Mixon

Bell (on his new team)

Kamara

that's 11 solid right there ... not including guys like Fournette/Cook/Michel who all could very well be the 12th pick ... maybe even Ingram if he bolts outta N'awlins.

but, yeah ... all things being as they are, Conner will be a great foundation for many magick foosball squads. 

9 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

why you being so bashful all the sudden?:huh:

Well, it's possible that his success this year in fantasy causes a rift between FF4life and a good friend who had Bell. The guy plays in the league again next year, but he's not really happy about it, because he thinks FF4life 'didn't deserve' to win. They get together one day late next season for a beer, things get heated, words are said, and they never speak to each other again. Not for 30 long years, when FF4life finds out that his once-good-friend is on his death bed, and flies all the way across country to see him...but he's too late. His former friend's widow tells FF4life that her husband struggled with severe depression for decades, regretting  that he'd lost a good friend, but too proud to get back in touch. And FF4life walks out of that funeral home, looking back and wishing he'd never picked up James Conner.

I think that's maybe what SharkSwimmer is thinking of.

Edited by Brotherbock

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

definite first round pick in 2019 - and i have a feeling it will be the first time in eons that the entire first rd is all RBs.  

Gurley

Barkley

Hunt

MGIII

Conner

Zeke

DJ

CMaC

Mixon

Bell (on his new team)

Kamara

that's 11 solid right there ... not including guys like Fournette/Cook/Michel who all could very well be the 12th pick ... maybe even Ingram if he bolts outta N'awlins.

but, yeah ... all things being as they are, Conner will be a great foundation for many magick foosball squads. 

Please don't forget CHubb

18 hours ago, psygolf said:

My favorite part

Lost 3 and all by 2 points or less. Each time I lost the team I play has the best scoring week of their season. 

16 hours ago, FF4life said:

That was ballsy before the tag deadline. Zeke also had a monster game today. But I think Conner will outperform Zeke by virtue of being on a better offense.

So what time tomorrow can we start popping champagne bottles and partying? :lol:

4 hours ago, Jin said:

So what time tomorrow can we start popping champagne bottles and partying? :lol:

4 Eastern 

On 11/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Gurley

Barkley

Hunt

MGIII

Conner

Zeke

DJ

CMaC

Mixon

Bell (on his new team)

Kamara

I could see Leveon being fools gold depending on where he ends up. It sure seems like Leveon is all about the $$ so he may not go to the best situation for success. I wouldn't touch Leveon in the 1st round if he ends up in say a Buffalo, Oakland, Jets type situation, it just reeks of him being a JAG in the wrong spot.

5 hours ago, Jin said:

1 hour ago, RepoMan said:

4 Eastern 

Then after that, once Conner clears the concussion protocol.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:35 AM, WaiverLooter said:

This ranks up there with Devonta Freeman and OBJ rookie years as the best waiver pickups ever. Freeman and OBJ were #1 at their positions when they played

Devonta freaking sucked as a rookie. I drafted him after watching him on Hard knocks that year and thought he’d be a stud right away. Just checked again to see how bad. He had 248 rushing yards and 1 TD. I bet you’re thinking of his second year. He was likely on your waiver in year 2 since he prob wasn’t drafted after his bust of a rookie year. 

Conner looked pretty bad in his limited playing time as a rookie as well. 

In any case neither were similar at all to OBJ’s rookie season. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 3:35 AM, WaiverLooter said:

Peyton Hillis and Larry Johnson come to mind. David Johnson for the playoff run his rookie year as well.

I remember having the option of taking Beckham or Marvin Jones as a stash that year. Went Jones.<_< Finished 2nd

3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Devonta freaking sucked as a rookie. I drafted him after watching him on Hard knocks that year and thought he’d be a stud right away. Just checked again to see how bad. He had 248 rushing yards and 1 TD. I bet you’re thinking of his second year. He was likely on your waiver in year 2 since he prob wasn’t drafted after his bust of a rookie year. 

Conner looked pretty bad in his limited playing time as a rookie as well. 

In any case neither were similar at all to OBJ’s rookie season. 

Yeah you're right, it was Devonta's second year where he went #1 overall RB to finish the season. OBJ's rookie year was probably the best stretch but it was a short stretch, about half a season if i recall. Much rather have a good pickup early in the season like Conner and Devonta.

19 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Hoping I can pop some champagne tonight celebrating Conner being an RB1 ROS. 

I'm just hoping nobody outbids me on Samuel as my RB1 cuff.