sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

My plan all summer was to grab Conner on every team late. I didn't expect this to happen, but I love having a quality backup who will be a monster if given the opportunity. I either forgot to draft him or talked myself into someone else. I choked. My teams are all good but would be unstoppable if I had Conner.

I also was gonna grab Mahomes in the 10th  and make Lindsay my last pick in every draft....Nope didn't do it!

Sorry! I had to get that out.

9 minutes ago, mongidig said:

My plan all summer was to grab Conner on every team late. I didn't expect this to happen, but I love having a quality backup who will be a monster if given the opportunity. I either forgot to draft him or talked myself into someone else. I choked. My teams are all good but would be unstoppable if I had Conner.

I also was gonna grab Mahomes in the 10th  and make Lindsay my last pick in every draft....Nope didn't do it!

Sorry! I had to get that out.

I wonder if people will overreact next season and draft handcuffs earlier than normal.   

Anyone who took Conner, Coleman, Yeldon, Murry...all were rewarded to some degree.   Although none as great as the Conner owners.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said James Conner (concussion) is expected to practice Wednesday.

Conner remains in the concussion protocol, but Tomlin said Wednesday's practice should "lay those discussions to bed." It sounds like Conner will be cleared in the very near future. Assuming Le'Veon Bell does not report Tuesday, Conner will remain an RB1 even in a tough matchup against the Jaguars on Sunday.

It was a nice theory back in August that led me to drafting him everywhere, even the Tuesday after Labor Day when I was shocked the Bell owner kept letting him slide.... but to have it work out this way, even up until now, is the stuff of legends and stories leagues will talk about for years. 

2 Hours, 42 minutes.....

• Thanks 1

at this point if he showed up it would be the most epic middle finger of all time to the Steelers. Ignored all you fools for months and then played peek-a-boo at 3:45 on deadline day. "I can haz running job back naow?"

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

T minus 3 hours until the most epic thread explosion of all time!

How so? You don’t really think Bell comes back, do you?

Just now, lolcopter said:

How so? You don’t really think Bell comes back, do you?

Probably alluding to the idea that Conners owners will cream their jeans.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I'm wearing moisture wicking fabric for such an occasion

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

at this point if he showed up it would be the most epic middle finger of all time to the Steelers. Ignored all you fools for months and then played peek-a-boo at 3:45 on deadline day. "I can haz running job back naow?"

smh

2 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I'm wearing moisture wicking fabric for such an occasion

weird...I was picturing a hood.

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Hard to tell with these two player threads

Just now, lolcopter said:

Hard to tell with these two player threads

The Conner thread has been pretty mutual: only happy Conner owners posting here and speculating.

The Bell thread is full of Bell owners (extremely unhappy), Conner owners (gloating and laughing), people who own both (hoping Bell doesn't come back and muddy the waters for both) and people who own neither (like watching arguments). 

• Haha 1

Bold prediction:  Bell is trying to make an entrance right before the dead-line, he suddenly finds himself in a traffic jam...decides to get out of his car and run the rest of the way with a minute to spare.  Makes it just in time, but blows out his hamstring while crossing the threshold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Don't do that. You are better than that. This country is better than that. 

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Bold prediction:  Bell is trying to make an entrance right before the dead-line, he suddenly finds himself in a traffic jam...decides to get out of his car and run the rest of the way with a minute to spare.  Makes it just in time, but blows out his hamstring while crossing the threshold.

EVEN BOLDER PREDICTION: Bell is on his way when just outside of the compound he see's a man holding  a sign that says "will exchange blunt for live rap performance". Bell obliges by spitting hot lyrical fire, gets a notification about an impromptu drug test, uses a whizzinator and passes, only to forget how to sign his name in cursive at 3:59

5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

EVEN BOLDER PREDICTION: Bell is on his way when just outside of the compound he see's a man holding  a sign that says "will exchange blunt for live rap performance". Bell obliges by spitting hot lyrical fire, gets a notification about an impromptu drug test, uses a whizzinator and passes, only to forget how to sign his name in cursive at 3:59

EVEN BOLDER PREDICTION: Bell shows up and signs with the Steelers and I proceed to get a bowl of popcorn and read both of these threads.

• Thanks 1

Can someone bring the drinks? The coals are on, the meat is marinating, the sides are chilling, and the confetti is loaded!!!!! The fear mongering from Bell owners will finally end!!!! RB1 free and clear!!! 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

22 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Can someone bring the drinks? The coals are on, the meat is marinating, the sides are chilling, and the confetti is loaded!!!!! The fear mongering from Bell owners will finally end!!!! RB1 free and clear!!! 

Drinks?  I say light a spliff in honor of Saint LeVeon.

• Haha 1

Earth is probably going to get shaken a few yards off its orbit with all the simultaneous drops of Bell hitting the ground at the same time.