Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

15 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

So what happens when all the players in the league have the same way of thinking? Then what? What ends up being the deciding factor?

Then you’re in a taco league.   Good players aim to differentiate themselves using strategy  

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Then you’re in a taco league.   Good players aim to differentiate themselves using strategy  

I can say that my league is no different than these forums. Everyone has different opinions of players. I've seen people saying DJ should have been #1 overall this year, while some people drafted Zeke #1, others went with Gurley. The disparity changes league to league and to even consider the idea that everyone in every league thinks the same is impossible. Unless you play in a league where you own every team, of course. 

7 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

If you have been in some leagues for a long time go back and look at past year's final standings. That answers the luck vs. skill questions. It's the same usual suspects contending. Yeah, sometimes contention means being the 3 seed versus the 1 and yes sometimes even the best players have off years (busts, injuries, etc.). Conversely, bad players can luck into a decent season by having that year's Gurley. However, over the long term the cream will tend to rise to the top. The bad players will tend to stay at the bottom. Then there is the third group in the middle.

One delineation is between hardcore players like is and more casual players but that's only part if it. While we all have access to the same information, we don't analyze it the same nor do we reach the same conclusions. We utilize different strategies. All that creates divergence over time, even among very active players.

If it's all luck, no need to be on here for info, right?

Exactly. There's always a team or two out there that drafts a couple stud picks. Whether its being the #1 pick and grabbing Gurley or just getting a few steady guys at the end with a b2b #12 and #13 pick, the team should contend. What happens is usually mid way through the season is a combination of a couple of things, those managers just don't manage well and other managers find diamonds in the rough to get better. 

26 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

So what happens when all the players in the league have the same way of thinking? Then what? What ends up being the deciding factor?

Stop acting like this is a 3rd grade science experiment and you are trying to find the variables with everything being constant. The only constant thing about fantasy football is that you get the same number of draft picks and you start the same number of guys every week, like everyone else. Everything else is the variable. To how you spend your FAAB, to you looking at future playoff schedules, making trades to help your team, picking up diamond in the rough waiver guys, drafting great late round picks (Conner this year, Kamara last) that swing your league in your favor, injuries, etc...all of those are skill besides injury in most cases, unless your the guy that thinks Jay Ajayi actually has any knee left in his legs.

11 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

If you have been in some leagues for a long time go back and look at past year's final standings. That answers the luck vs. skill questions. It's the same usual suspects contending. Yeah, sometimes contention means being the 3 seed versus the 1 and yes sometimes even the best players have off years (busts, injuries, etc.). Conversely, bad players can luck into a decent season by having that year's Gurley. However, over the long term the cream will tend to rise to the top. The bad players will tend to stay at the bottom. Then there is the third group in the middle.

One delineation is between hardcore players like is and more casual players but that's only part if it. While we all have access to the same information, we don't analyze it the same nor do we reach the same conclusions. We utilize different strategies. All that creates divergence over time, even among very active players.

If it's all luck, no need to be on here for info, right?

Yes there are good managers who are in contention every year and there bad ones. If there was a league that was filled with people who you would consider good ff managers, what will decide the winner at the end? The one who is most skilled? If there is someone who is most skilled, wouldnt they win ever year?

1 minute ago, Elcapitan said:

Yes there are good managers who are in contention every year and there bad ones. If there was a league that was filled with people who you would consider good ff managers, what will decide the winner at the end? The one who is most skilled? If there is someone who is most skilled, wouldnt they win ever year?

What if everyone in your league was equally as skilled as managers, and every game played was 75 degrees with no wind, and no one ever got injured, and everyone ran the same plays because everyone was using the same playbook and called the same plays every game, who would win?

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

10 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

Stop acting like this is a 3rd grade science experiment and you are trying to find the variables with everything being constant. The only constant thing about fantasy football is that you get the same number of draft picks and you start the same number of guys every week, like everyone else. Everything else is the variable. To how you spend your FAAB, to you looking at future playoff schedules, making trades to help your team, picking up diamond in the rough waiver guys, drafting great late round picks (Conner this year, Kamara last) that swing your league in your favor, injuries, etc...all of those are skill besides injury in most cases, unless your the guy that thinks Jay Ajayi actually has any knee left in his legs.

You guys talk about strategy like everyone else in your league is aiming to lose. You guys dont think other people are looking for those diamond in the rough or trying to implement the best ways to win?

3 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

You guys talk about strategy like everyone else in your league is aiming to lose. You guys dont think other people are looking for those diamond in the rough or trying to implement the best ways to win?

Oh they are, but like every other person trying to communicate with you...you just don't get it because your an idi.....the waiver process is a strategy in itself. Everyone wants everyone good...no crap, but its a matter of putting yourself in that position and people make mistakes ALL THE TIME. It's about limiting your mistakes and trying to be one step ahead of everyone else. But you won't get any of this anyway...go back to fortnite .

Just now, next big thing cp84 said:

Back to Conner, in the James Conner Thread....

This is fantastic news, but it could also mean Samuels could get some work next week with Conner recovering, will be interesting to see how this plays out 

Yea I think best case he comes back next week. Hoping that's the case with my bye week.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

AJ Green was "fine" too. Lets not start sucking each other's ***** just yet.

Toe/foot injuries for AJ Green are never fine lmao. Point taken but this report is much better than hearing "broken leg" or "high ankle sprain". No bad news is good news for now

1 minute ago, hamburglar628 said:

Yea I think best case he comes back next week. Hoping that's the case with my bye week.

i'd feel very lucky if the medical staff can be skilled enough to have JC at 100% for week 15. 

13 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

This whole strategy thing is getting old and its only been a few hours. Most people don't give a damn. 

Everyone has an opinion so move on. Most of us are looking for JC updates but we have to sift through the nonsense. 

It is very easy to just ignore those posts you don’t like... 

use the mouse or your finger 

Just now, next big thing cp84 said:

Back to Conner, in the James Conner Thread....

This is fantastic news, but it could also mean Samuels could get some work next week with Conner recovering, will be interesting to see how this plays out 

Depending on his practice regimen this week it will be hard to trust him. 

I still hated his usage this game. 45 passes to 17 rushes again. Constantly throwing on 1st and 2nd down. They didn't start doing running back dumpoffs until the end of the 4th quarter and it worked (and after Conner was injured). 

This new OC is making Haley look like a genius the way he has been giving Ben the opportunity to just sling it whenever he wants. 

4 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

Oh they are, but like every other person trying to communicate with you...you just don't get it because your an idi.....the waiver process is a strategy in itself. Everyone wants everyone good...no crap, but its a matter of putting yourself in that position and people make mistakes ALL THE TIME. It's about limiting your mistakes and trying to be one step ahead of everyone else. But you won't get any of this anyway...go back to fortnite .

And my point is if everyone is trying to limit their mistakes or trying to stay one step ahead, then what is going going to be the deciding factor in the end? Something has got to give somewhere. For me it will come down to luck, fate, God whatever you want to call it. 

But yeah back to the Conner discussion before the mass deletion. 

38 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

No, it's impossible to win every year in fantasy just like it's impossible in reality. We all agree the Patriots are the gold standard for a NFL team and even they lose the chip most years. There are too many variables in sports. 

The most skilled player will have the most hardware and best average finish over the course of a large sample size. 

It isn't just draft strategy but how the team is managed and what you do on waivers during the season. If you were ahead of the curve on Josh Adams before his 22 carry game that gives you an edge over the guys who rushed to the wire after that game. 

Trusting, James Conner this week is going depend on your fantasy teams running back situation. 

Me personally if he puts the pads on, I will be inserting him in my starting lineup.

My lack of luck determines that I need Conner Strong 💪 since Melvin you have to assume won’t be playing

1 minute ago, WaiverHero said:

I’m still worried, no official report. Give me an MRI and I’ll be easy. If not hopefully it’s just a 1 week thing; thank you conner for giving me the bye in both of my leagues

Think I'm just gonna follow the "no news is good news" mantra. 

Archived