Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, larfboy said:

Until there is an official report saying that it's indeed something minor, it's difficult to believe the way the injury looked that it's only a bruise...knee nearly bent sideways..looks more sprained and his limp today makes it sound more like a sprain than a bruise...

usa_today_11779934.0.jpg

LMAO at people buying the BS Tomlin is spewing about a contusion. Conner sprained his ankle. Pretty clear to me. Maybe he plays this week and puts up monster numbers, but I would be scooping up Samuels every chance I can get. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

LMAO at people buying the BS Tomlin is spewing about a contusion. Conner sprained his ankle. Pretty clear to me. Maybe he plays this week and puts up monster numbers, but I would be scooping up Samuels every chance I can get. 

Sounds like the same nonsense from falcons saying Freeman was fine. I’d be shocked if Conner plays this week. I have a bye and have Samuels as a cuff. I got bashed on earlier for insinuating that Samuels at TE might even make my team stronger so I wouldn’t mind Conner sitting week 15 either.

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

LMAO at people buying the BS Tomlin is spewing about a contusion

"yeah ..  uh ... on James ... the, uhhhh, young man, uhhhhh ... has what we, uhhhh, call a bruise ... uhhhhh ... he is, uhhhhhh, tough, and, uhhhhh, we certainly uhhhhh expect James and uhhhhhh the medical uhhhhh staff to uhhhhhh work uhhhh through this.  the, uhhhhhhh, young man will, uhhhhhhhh, not be uhhhhh available for, uhhhhhhhhh, press questions at, uhhhhhhh, this uhhhh time"

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

If no team has yet picked him up, that should be very telling of his abilities, or lack thereof.

He was very impressive for Denver a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He was very impressive for Denver a few years ago.

Try last year when he had 1200 yards and was an RB2 despite the QB carousel. I don't think he is done and I think his release from Carolina had more to do with him being unhappy with his role than anything. He was probably expecting something similar to what J-Stew saw last year but his workload has been minimal. I'm kind of surprised the Chiefs didn't pick him up but that was the first situation that really made sense for him. I guess he could've potentially signed for a bad team but they likely don't care that much about who they have at RB at this point with their seasons effectively over and would prefer saving money. 

50 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

We honestly don't know until the report comes out but I already made plans to get samuels so that one of my playoff opponents (who has Conner) can't replace conner just in case he misses 2 weeks

1 hour ago, larfboy said:

Until there is an official report saying that it's indeed something minor, it's difficult to believe the way the injury looked that it's only a bruise...knee nearly bent sideways..looks more sprained and his limp today makes it sound more like a sprain than a bruise...

usa_today_11779934.0.jpg

Very telling photo.   With the weight of Phillips on his lower leg combined with the torque, it's likely a ruptured patella. 

and yes...it can be season ending and career threatening.  Probably need to have a patelladectomy this offseason.  

We just don't have enough history of RB and this type of injury to really make a prognosis for fantasy purposes.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

and yes...it can be season ending and career threatening.  Probably need to have a patelladectomy this offseason.  

We just don't have enough history of RB and this type of injury to really make a prognosis for fantasy purposes.

Wait what? What I miss? Thought injury wasn't serious at all and could play this week.

7 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Very telling photo.   With the weight of Phillips on his lower leg combined with the torque, it's likely a ruptured patella. 

LOL. You gathered that from a photo? A

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm dubious. Photos captured at exactly the right moment can be deceiving, especially because body parts have flexibility to them normally.

we have a bunch of fake doctors chiming in.. just listen to reports from actual credible people. that's all we can do. But let's also be realistic.. I wouldnt expect to see him practicing before Thursday if at all this week either. If he's sore and limping today, he's not going to be running through practice in just a few days. 

Archived