Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Wait what? What I miss? Thought injury wasn't serious at all and could play this week.

It might not be.   It depends on the severity of the rupture.  

If he's not on the injury report Sunday morning, look for him to suit up.

3 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

we have a bunch of fake doctors chiming in.. just listen to reports from actual credible people. that's all we can do. But let's also be realistic.. I wouldnt expect to see him practicing before Thursday if at all this week either. If he's sore and limping today, he's not going to be running through practice in just a few days. 

You consider Tomlin a credible person?  

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

You consider Tomlin a credible person?  

Ian Rappaport and other NFL and Steelers sources. We have heard from them today and I imagine we will continue to hear more from them when information is available as well as Adam Schefter. 

3 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

Ian Rappaport and other NFL and Steelers sources. We have heard from them today and I imagine we will continue to hear more from them when information is available as well as Adam Schefter. 

Pretty sure one or both of those guys were wrong about Bell’s situation. Practice reports or bust. 

Just now, atdharris said:

Is there an MRI on the way? I haven't read a report of there being one. Usually they take the MRI on Monday. 

we haven't heard yet.. i'm a Conner owner and just as nervous as everyone.. but the fact there is NO walking boot, we HAVE NOT heard a word about there even being an MRI and we have a somewhat credible source saying its "NOT MAJOR AT ALL" .. are things to hang a hat on.

Would be pretty nervous if he had a boot on and they were nervous about MRI results, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

6 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

Rap just reported that the injury wasn't serious. That doesn't mean anything. A non-serious injury can keep a player out a week or 2.  

1 minute ago, RyanM915 said:

fair enough, but that situation is different than an injury. 

You’re getting PR spin from Tomlin- that’s it.   All It means is his injury isn’t too serious.    Probably not a high ankle sprain.   Im not buying anything else beyond that.

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

You’re getting PR spin from Tomlin- that’s it.   All It means is his injury isn’t too serious.    Probably not a high ankle sprain.   Im not buying anything else beyond that.

I think you're assuming Tomlin was his source. I dont think he posts at 11am a re-tread of what Tomlin said 11 hours earlier. 

I'm assuming Tomlin is not the source in this case and that someone from within the locker room gave him more information. 

I'd have to think he would just quote Tomlin if he was just using what he said.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Oh my too many know it all doctors in the house

I rather read about luck vs skill 

you guys are too depressing... 

haha.. i think we're all trying to read between the very little lines of anything we have right now.

5 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

we haven't heard yet.. i'm a Conner owner and just as nervous as everyone.. but the fact there is NO walking boot, we HAVE NOT heard a word about there even being an MRI and we have a somewhat credible source saying its "NOT MAJOR AT ALL" .. are things to hang a hat on.

Would be pretty nervous if he had a boot on and they were nervous about MRI results, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I think typically if there is an MRI it would have been done today. I really don't think the injury is that serious given the lack of sources voicing concern. Conner could miss this week for sure, or he could be back. People saying he'll be out a month are overreacting. 

As for Dr. Cho, he's been wrong many times before. 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Oh my too many know it all doctors in the house

I rather read about luck vs skill 

you guys are too depressing... 

We tried and you all bitched 

so now you get Dr Roto x50

Conner has been breaking down for weeks.  He needs to sit and get healed up for the stretch run.  You don't need him for the Raiders.  Give the kid the start and see what he has.  That way you rest your starter and get a good look at the rookie and should come away with an easy win.

Just now, ReggiesBush said:

Conner has been breaking down for weeks.  He needs to sit and get healed up for the stretch run.  You don't need him for the Raiders.  Give the kid the start and see what he has.  That way you rest your starter and get a good look at the rookie and should come away with an easy win.

*SHOULD being the operative term

Steelers are soooo mistake prone and they’re getting smashed by the AFC west 

2 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

dont be surprised if its Ridley and Samuels splitting. 

true, but we don't need to start samuels at RB in yahoo

5 minutes ago, jkgeezy said:

If Connor doesn't play is Samuels must start?

if you're weak on TE in yahoo, samuels is a must start at TE

5aef23a852094d1346c5fe580fc8bfc8.jpg

Archived