Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

I was just quoting what that guy said earlier, lol

That's fine, I'm just trying to figure out how exactly anyone is arriving at any kind of percentage. No one's ever been able to answer that question.

keep in mind.. in the press conference last night, Mike Tomlin said Conner has a "lower leg contusion" and 2 names he says "has an ankle"   Obviously we all expect/expected it to be ankle from what we saw, but why wouldnt he just say ankle for both? 

3 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

keep in mind.. in the press conference last night, Mike Tomlin said Conner has a "lower leg contusion" and 2 names he says "has an ankle"   Obviously we all expect/expected it to be ankle from what we saw, but why wouldnt he just say ankle for both? 

It's possible that Tomlin doesn't know what "contusion" means.

20 minutes ago, ReggiesBush said:

Conner has been breaking down for weeks.  He needs to sit and get healed up for the stretch run.  You don't need him for the Raiders.  Give the kid the start and see what he has.  That way you rest your starter and get a good look at the rookie and should come away with an easy win.

Easy win? Lol.... the Raiders ALWAYS play Pitt tough and the Steelers have a bad habit of playing down to competition.

16 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Easy win? Lol.... the Raiders ALWAYS play Pitt tough and the Steelers have a bad habit of playing down to competition.

Well raiders covered the spread and steelers didnt.

so raiders will cover the spread again because the public will be on steelers.

dont care abouf straight up though.

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Very telling photo.   With the weight of Phillips on his lower leg combined with the torque, it's likely a ruptured patella. 

If he had a ruptured patella we would know about it by now.

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

If he had a ruptured patella we would know about it by now.

I doubt it.   If it's a minor rupture, I would think the Steelers would not divulge this as it would be pretty easy for the opposing teams to target. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

He has barely been getting any run at all. Just freak injuries is all. 

This.

The drive he was injured on, they passed on every single play until his injury (which was a dumpoff pass). There were still 8 minutes left in the game at that point.

The last few weeks, Tomlin has just been abandoning the run when the Steelers get in any kind of trouble.

1 minute ago, mdw5048 said:

This.

The drive he was injured on, they passed on every single play until his injury (which was a dumpoff pass). There were still 8 minutes left in the game at that point.

The last few weeks, Tomlin has just been abandoning the run when the Steelers get in any kind of trouble.

Tomlin?    Or someone else...named after a clock tower?

This made me smile:

E'Twaun Moore (left tibial contusion) will return to the starting lineup for Monday's matchup with the Clippers, and he will not have a minutes limit.

Moore needed to be helped off the court on Friday after sustaining his injury, so it's somewhat surprising that he'll be back out there after only missing one game.
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I doubt it.   If it's a minor rupture, I would think the Steelers would not divulge this as it would be pretty easy for the opposing teams to target. 

Wtf is a "minor" rupture doc?

18 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Wtf is a "minor" rupture doc?

One that is self contained within the patella itself.   Also known as an internal  patellar contusion.  As opposed to traumatic patellar rupture.

Archived