Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook


sjm76

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Get home from work and no update from ESPN all day?  What’s the word on this guy?

 

Here's all you need to know right now:

 

1. Not in a boot

2. MRI has not been done. 

 

#2 is a little more hazy because of course the team could be keeping it secret he's had an MRI. But usually, if one is done it's known. I don't know what teams are required or nor to disclose these days but ordering an MRI seems to be standard for-release info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports James Conner's injury is "not considered major at all."
RapSheet confirms the injury is not to Conner's ankle and writes, "It seems like he'll be OK." Coach Mike Tomlin called the injury a lower leg contusion after the game on Sunday night. At this point, it looks like Conner has a good shot to suit up against the Raiders on Sunday. Dec 3 - 11:04 AM
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

ESPN?  Why would you listen to anything that group of reporters, ERRR entertainers had to say?

 

That’s what my league is through.  My roster status/updates/news is naturally found there first.  But yeah not a fan of ESPN in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports James Conner's injury is "not considered major at all."
RapSheet confirms the injury is not to Conner's ankle and writes, "It seems like he'll be OK." Coach Mike Tomlin called the injury a lower leg contusion after the game on Sunday night. At this point, it looks like Conner has a good shot to suit up against the Raiders on Sunday. Dec 3 - 11:04 AM

 

This is promising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports James Conner's injury is "not considered major at all."
RapSheet confirms the injury is not to Conner's ankle and writes, "It seems like he'll be OK." Coach Mike Tomlin called the injury a lower leg contusion after the game on Sunday night. At this point, it looks like Conner has a good shot to suit up against the Raiders on Sunday. Dec 3 - 11:04 AM

 

Not sure how much I would trust Rapoport. I would still be skeptical. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Hmm no MRI is good.  Undisclosed MRI might not be good.  

 For whatever it's worth, Jaylen Samuels said something about assuming Conner will be ready go to but that he's preparing like he always does... "like a starter". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to wait for swelling to go down to get an accurate MRI? Head down and limping in today’s team meeting and blowing off the press might be a sign he got some crappy news.   Samuels  comment seems more deflection. Sounds more like he is prepping for the worse. Jus sayin 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ReggiesBush said:

Do you have to wait for swelling to go down to get an accurate MRI? Head down and limping in today’s team meeting and blowing off the press might be a sign he got some crappy news.   Samuels  comment seems more deflection. Sounds more like he is prepping for the worse. Jus sayin 

Don't buy it. The mind games in here are baffling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was nothing to see here... I am sure it would have been leaked to the press that no MRI will be done. Until I see a practice report or hear MRI results, I will remain skeptical.

 

The way he came off the field did not look like a guy who is suiting up in week 14.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ReggiesBush said:

Do you have to wait for swelling to go down to get an accurate MRI? 

 

Typically they only wait until the next day.

 

Not doing an MRI at all, even as a precautionary measure, would be odd.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the lack of news is because there's nothing to worry about? Usually if it's a major injury, there is news out on Monday about an MRI or fears from the team. I remember when Sony Michel was wrapped up and the Pats did an MRI on him the next morning. It's very possible we are all overreacting and Conner will play as usual this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atdharris said:

Maybe the lack of news is because there's nothing to worry about? Usually if it's a major injury, there is news out on Monday about an MRI or fears from the team. I remember when Sony Michel was wrapped up and the Pats did an MRI on him the next morning. It's very possible we are all overreacting and Conner will play as usual this week. 

They just activated trey edmunds off the practice squad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

They just activated trey edmunds off the practice squad. 

 

this obviously isn't positive.. but not sure if this is normal for just practice days, or if this is a move made with the intention on Sunday being included. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

They just activated trey edmunds off the practice squad. 

 

That's fine and all, but if this is some sort of multi-week injury, I think we'd have heard something by now...MRI, rumors, something. All we've heard is that Conner will be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...