Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

don't be counting on Conner this week ... all the justifying and rationalizing and patting each other on the back that "NO ONE SAID HE'S REALLY HURT, THO!!!1!1!" doesn't matter for one shaved rat's nutsack. 

i think he sits, but ... even if he does suit up you'd be a gotdamn foo' to trust him with coin on the line. 

Definitely would not start Samuels as an RB if it was the playoffs.. I know Pitt has had success with Williams and Conner, but both of those RBs are good RBs. Samuels never had the volume that either of those replacements had in their careers and starting him as a RB would be a complete gamble. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Definitely would not start Samuels as an RB if it was the playoffs.. I know Pitt has had success with Williams and Conner, but both of those RBs are good RBs. Samuels never had the volume that either of those replacements had in their careers and starting him as a RB would be a complete gamble. 

I'd definitely rather have Connor out there, but if Connor sits, I think Jaylen would be a good gamble against the Raiders. Raiders are #31 vs rushing yards/g.

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

You have this backwards. West was the one everyone ran to pick up and started but sucked and was overtaken by Ware.  ( I was a JC owner that year and was forced to start West ) 

Specific to Conner though, if hes even slightly injured they should hold him out because its the Raiders... 

Letting the backups have a game for some valuable reps is crucial for a long post season run.  With that said though, even if Conner is ruled out, I wouldnt be comfortable starting Samuels week 1 of playoffs.  No way even vs the Raiders. 

I know that’s what I’m thinking. So Justin Jackson? If Gordon sits he should get some run, chargers SHOULD blow out the bengals. That or Gus Edwards... Gus the bus might get scripted out though is KC goes up early. I don’t trust that. 

3 minutes ago, almonte said:

I'd definitely rather have Connor out there, but if Connor sits, I think Jaylen would be a good gamble against the Raiders. Raiders are #31 vs rushing yards/g.

they held LEEEEG WINNNER ZOMG!!!1!!1!1!1!!1! Spencer Asiata, errr, Ware to 14/47 last Sunday ... his 4th down direct snap TD put him right in the Jalen Richard/Derrick Henry tier in ppr. 

HTH

(oh, btw, i think Samuels does muchmuch better than the Return of Plodfather).

2 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

I'm pretty sure Samuels fits right in. Good hands and I believe he's a bit faster

especially with Switzer on ice ... that kid was gettin' nice work out the slot/backfield ... those targets would likely go to Samuels.  

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they held LEEEEG WINNNER ZOMG!!!1!!1!1!1!!1! Spencer Asiata, errr, Ware to 14/47 last Sunday ... his 4th down direct snap TD put him right in the Jalen Richard/Derrick Henry tier in ppr. 

HTH

I’m guessing you missed out on ware 

2 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I’m guessing you missed out on ware 

au contraire ... i had him rostered in both leegs where i had Hunt - used him as flex in both - he blows.  

mah man, he really effin' blows.  

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

HTH

They also held LEEEG WINNER ZOMG!!!!111!!! Tyreek Hill to 1/13 so we should sit Antonio Brown too?

Just now, JohnD said:

They also held LEEEG WINNER ZOMG!!!!111!!! Tyreek Hill to 1/13 so we should sit Antonio Brown too?

ehh Raiders got lucky on the Hill defense, there were 2 60 yard bombs that just barely missed him. Wasn't the Raiders D at all.

but yeaaaa back to Conner - if he is not 100% and practicing in full any this week - why would they force the issue in a tight playoff / divisional race. 

Pitt can stomp the Raiders without even having a RB on the field entire game. 

Ian Rapoport 
#Steelers RB James Conner is out this week, coach Mike Tomlin tells reporters. The tests came back and showed it was more serious than their initial read. He now describes it as a sprain, not a contusion.
36 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

don't be counting on Conner this week ... all the justifying and rationalizing and patting each other on the back that "NO ONE SAID HE'S REALLY HURT, THO!!!1!1!" doesn't matter for one shaved rat's nutsack. 

i think he sits, but ... even if he does suit up you'd be a gotdamn foo' to trust him with coin on the line. 

Archived