sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

Just now, DaileyPrayer said:

I was really hoping they’d wait until tomorrow to rule him out. Samuels now jumps to the top of the waiver wire a day before waivers hit.

I hate when they do that s---

1 minute ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Couldn’t you have waited until tomorrow to announce? Dang, now everyone in my league will put $$ in the FA pool and I’m sitting with the lowest priority. 

go for Dixon on the cheap ... he will have a field day vs KC.

not a bad conso prize, imo 

1 minute ago, DaileyPrayer said:

I was really hoping they’d wait until tomorrow to rule him out. Samuels now jumps to the top of the waiver wire a day before waivers hit.

Samuels was going to be picked up everywhere. If not by Connor owners, by opponents looking to potentially stop Connor owners.

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Samuels was going to be picked up everywhere. If not by Connor owners, by opponents looking to potentially stop Connor owners.

One of the reasons why I love Fantasy Football (by the way, I was one of those opponents, but with lower waiver priority). I won’t have a chance now. Good luck to those who still do.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

You have this backwards. West was the one everyone ran to pick up and started but sucked and was overtaken by Ware.  ( I was a JC owner that year and was forced to start West ) 

Specific to Conner though, if hes even slightly injured they should hold him out because its the Raiders... 

Letting the backups have a game for some valuable reps is crucial for a long post season run.  With that said though, even if Conner is ruled out, I wouldnt be comfortable starting Samuels week 1 of playoffs.  No way even vs the Raiders. 

Are you sure? I believe it wasn't until 2016 that Ware became the full time starter. My memory is foggy but I pulled up the game logs from 2015 and it looks like West outproduced Ware (ground and air) and got more starts that season:

Ware in 2015

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WareSp00/gamelog/2015/

West in 2015

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WestCh01/gamelog/2015/

1 minute ago, Jubanton said:

Chao called it a mile away. Say goodbye to Connor for the fantasy playoffs.

"b-b-b-b-but he just a TV doctor ... no one who matters said he was really hurt ... there was no MRI, and calling up Edmonds was just to cover for Switzer/Hunter. .."

the delusional schmucks up in here are absolutely amazing. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RyanM915 said:

Ian Rappaport and other NFL and Steelers sources. We have heard from them today and I imagine we will continue to hear more from them when information is available as well as Adam Schefter. 

Yeah, about that Ian rappoport report you were relying on when the video clearly showed an ankle injury....

6 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Are you sure? I believe it wasn't until 2016 that Ware became the full time starter. My memory is foggy but I pulled up the game logs from 2015 and it looks like West outproduced Ware (ground and air) and got more starts that season:

Ware in 2015

West in 2015

If I recall correctly, everyone drafted Knile Davis as the cuff but when Charles got hurt West became the starter but Ware surpassed him by the end of the year and kept the starting gig in 2016 and 2017 preseason before he got hurt.

11 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Ware in 2015

West in 2015

100% positive.  I owned JC that year and had to pick up West after he tore his ACL.  Ware was completely unknown then and it was him outplaying West is what made me have confidence to snag him the following season as a late round flier. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Is this looking like a 1 week absence?

He went from a contusion to a sprain overnight.  He could be dead by the end of the week.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

Welp, off to YouTube I go to watch some Jaylen Samuels highlights. This is great. 

take this one :P

• Like 1

Samuels is obviously the better fit for what Tomlin and PIT wants to do. If he can handle the job, I have a hard time believing they really go with a RBBC.

Does anyone have any insight to what position Samuels is usually practicing with? I know he was a "TE" in college and has TE eligibility in some leagues. 

Would be nice to hear he has spent most of practices with the RBs. 

21 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

This is true, but as a Conner owner I was going to empty my FAAB for Samuels anyway.  Others in my league may have gone big on Wilson (since Breida was already ruled out) or other positions, and the 17% I have left may have done the trick.  Now there is no chance.

Steelers already had a high pass to run ratio. Now it's about to be 80% to 20%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Committee was to be expected. Samuels is not a 3 down back.

For what reason? Ridley is definitely not a 3 down back in this offense. 

Samuels is obviously the more capable pass-catcher and it would be hard for him to not be as serviceable as Ridley on first and second downs. 

5 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Committee was to be expected. Samuels is not a 3 down back.

Maybe they'll make Samuels the Goal line back.  Past two games Conner went out early, Samuels caught receiving TDs near the end zone.  Plus Ridley has hands of stone so that makes the offense predictable.  With Samuel's they would have more versatility in the red zone.

Edited by rocket