Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Grayson2401 said:

For what reason? Ridley is definitely not a 3 down back in this offense. 

Samuels is obviously the more capable pass-catcher and it would be hard for him to not be as serviceable as Ridley on first and second downs. 

Ridley seems to be built more for the early down role even though he is trash. You run Samuels in between the tackles and he won't make it out of the game healthy.

Just now, affliction said:

Ridley seems to be built more for the early down role even though he is trash. You run Samuels in between the tackles and he won't make it out of the game healthy.

They are the same height and Samuels is almost ten pounds heavier. 

2 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Just my luck.  Back 2 back years running a great team regular season with most points scored only to be brutalized by injuries.  Worst part of fantasy football by far.  Seems like just a roll of the dice to actually win a league.  No skill. 

Or......having had this experience, wouldn't it be prudent to handcuff your studs?

That part is not luck. That's staying ahead of the curve for these "just in case" moments.

Just now, nonstopfan said:

Or......having had this experience, wouldn't it be prudent to handcuff your studs?

That part is not luck. That's staying ahead of the curve for these "just in case" moments.

Well last year was an in game concussion to Kamara first round. 

This year, true, I went all in and was risky and didnt cuff Conner, though I owned Samuels for a moment. Greg Olsen injury forced my hand on that to find TE's elsewhere. I actually traded for Ekeler as I had Melvin as well, but looks like that's Justin Jackson backfield. I actually owned him momentarily as well. 

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

I get your sentiment, but look what happened to Ekeler last week. A Gordon owner who handcuffed him with Ekeler all season still got screwed. It's mostly luck.

Man this injury just HAD to happen to me.    I had a potential three-headed monster with Kamara/McCaffrey/Conner.  I worked my way back to third place and posed a viable threat to the guys tied for the league lead.   One of them has Mahomes and the other has guys like Tarik Cohen and Gurley.    Really needed Connor to be healthy and ready to go to pull off the upset.

2 minutes ago, drisser said:

I get your sentiment, but look what happened to Ekeler last week. A Gordon owner who handcuffed him with Ekeler all season still got screwed. It's mostly luck.

and, to a slightly lesser extent, Ware/Hunt ... if not for the gadget 4th down TD he (Ware) would've logged 5 pts in ppr.  

1 minute ago, drisser said:

Good point but I will counter that. Owners actually picked up Justin Jackson based on stuff swirling around the net just as owners should not be shocked that Ridley may get a ton of carries this week.

So just staying on top of trends, following beat reporters from individual teams can help minimize that luck. For the most part handcuff situations are fluid though.

13 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Make sure everyone else in your league sees this tweet... maybe they’ll fall for it

and not empty their FAAB on Samuels.

I expect Samuels to be close to a 3-down back this week though. That’s just how Tomlin operates, and he’s clearly better than Ridley.

But...but..."it's just a bruise"!

Just like how Dalvin Cook had "just a cramp".

I knew when Rapaport was saying that he would be fine that meant he would be out.  That Rapaport guy is wrong so many times.

Hopefully you have Samuels, even if Tomlin says it will be a committee. 

1 minute ago, redlegsfan said:

As a Conner and Breida owner, I do not know who to blow my FAAB on (Wilson or Samuel), I am sitting here at work and just pulling my damn hair out!!!!!

Got bit by Dalvin, Lev now Conner, worst year ever!

Wilson, and it's not even close. 

Just now, redlegsfan said:

As a Conner and Breida owner, I do not know who to blow my FAAB on (Wilson or Samuel), I am sitting here at work and just pulling my damn hair out!!!!!

Honestly Wilson will probably get more work

Just now, redlegsfan said:

Samuel.  Look at Wilson’s schedule.

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

But...but..."it's just a bruise"!

Just like how Dalvin Cook had "just a cramp".

I knew when Rapaport was saying that he would be fine that meant he would be out.  That Rapaport guy is wrong so many times.

Hopefully you have Samuels, even if Tomlin says it will be a committee. 

Image result for ian rapoport gif

Perhaps the Wilson > Samuels crowd can explain to me their reasoning a bit more... I didn’t catch more than a few plays of the Hawks-Niners game.

Sure, Wilson will likely get more touches, but he’s in an inferior offense, and has a tough schedule.  I understand the Shanny effect, but it should also be noted that he’s been known to completely fool everyone by pulling a 180 on RB personnel (remember the Morris-Mostert debacle?).

I don’t buy the RBBC claims in Pittsburgh.  Tomlin has never operated that way, and they are desperate now after two straight losses.  Samuels is better than Ridley, and can catch passes... I expect him to see 15-20 touches against the Raiders.

Give me the upside of Samuels over Wilson if I’m picking only one.

Just now, larfboy said:

if yahoo suddenly removed his TE eligibility...Samuels suddenly becomes very unattractive...Please don't do such evil things yahoo.

Everyone keep clamoring over his TE eligibility, but that doesnt matter for people with legitimate TEs.   Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Ebron, Cook....

Archived