sjm76

James Conner 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

As non bell owners, what do we do? We Ride or Die? Or do we try to sell him off?? I think we may be stuck with him....

TO THE DEATH!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

As non bell owners, what do we do? We Ride or Die? Or do we try to sell him off?? I think we may be stuck with him....

I've tried to move him for a WR in the Hilton/Diggs/Evans tier but haven't been successful. I think at this point I'll just ride with him, you probably won't get anywhere near his true value with all the unknowns. 

14 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

I've tried to move him for a WR in the Hilton/Diggs/Evans tier but haven't been successful. I think at this point I'll just ride with him, you probably won't get anywhere near his true value with all the unknowns. 

There’s a pending in on of my leagues for Connor + Amari cooper for J. Gordon. Seems there are people that think this guys turning back into a pumpkin sooner than later. I’m not so sure myself. 

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

I think there is a real shot Bell doesn’t come back.  At this point he’s shown he’s not a team player and the guys who’s job it is to block for him have publicly bashed him.  The best move for everyone involved would be for Bell to sign on the condition that the Steelers trade him to team willing to give him the deal he’s looking for next year.  This is probably wishful thinking from someone who owns Conner and not Bell but it seems like the only everyone wins scenario here.  

I can't see this happening. I mean yeah they could let bell ride the bench and eat the 6 million. I don't see it. They are in win now mode. When Bell returns Conner will be a handcuff nothing more sad to say. I own Conner and am looking for someone to help out week 11. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Haha 2

Yeah Bell burnt his bridges with the Steelers to a crisp and was out, this week, partying in the clubs until 5:00 a.m.  And in his last game with the Steelers, he was late to a walkthrough for a playoff game and the team lost.  And now he hasn't played in a game or practiced in 8 months.  Yet, wishful thinkers in here have Bell waltzing back in and being handed his starting job back the moment he signs.  RIGHT...

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I can't see this happening. I mean yeah they could let bell ride the bench and eat the 6 million. I don't see it. They are in win now mode. When Bell returns Conner will be a handcuff nothing more sad to say. 

What if they don’t lose any games while Belll is out?

59 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

Gotta just ride Connor out and enjoy the ride. Most likely he was free pickup or super late draft pick so it's absolutely gold having him compliment a first round RB1. Some stacked rosters with this cat sitting in their flex spot? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

What if they don’t lose any games while Belll is out?

I mean they tied the browns which is pretty much a loss. That would be tough to be 9-0-1, but at best it would be a time share in which Conner would still be useless, but a #1 handcuff. I own him and hope for a trade, but its not going to happen. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I can't see this happening. I mean yeah they could let bell ride the bench and eat the 6 million. I don't see it. They are in win now mode. When Bell returns Conner will be a handcuff nothing more sad to say. I own Conner and am looking for someone to help out week 11. 

See this is what I don’t understand.  Why are the only two options sit him or put him back in?  Once he’s signed they can trade him right?  Odds are there will be teams in the mix at that point in the season that could use a good rb.  And maybe those teams are more likely to give him the long term deal he wants after this season.  That way maybe he signs earlier and the Steelers actually get something in return out of the situation.  

I don’t know maybe I’m missing something here.  But it seems like this has turned into a pointless pissing match between Bell and Steelers front office. 

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I posted a link earlier. I mean Vegas favorites.

Pitt has EVEN odds

Next closest is +400

Which is another saying that the odds on "the field" are also even. Meaning the odds are even that he won't be a Steeler next year and will be with some other team [or not in the league at all].

Trying to predict which of 31 other teams will obtain his services, there are bound to be a lot of long odds. If you assume there are 3-4 really likely suitors, those teams are likely to be +300 or higher. But trying to predict Steelers vs !Steelers is a lot different. 

Edited by bwarbiany
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lla887 said:

See this is what I don’t understand.  Why are the only two options sit him or put him back in?  Once he’s signed they can trade him right?  Odds are there will be teams in the mix at that point in the season that could use a good rb.  And maybe those teams are more likely to give him the long term deal he wants after this season.  That way maybe he signs earlier and the Steelers actually get something in return out of the situation.  

I don’t know maybe I’m missing something here.  But it seems like this has turned into a pointless pissing match between Bell and Steelers front office. 

It's going to be tough/impossible to get another team to give much value in return, because he'd still be a free agent at the end of the season. Can't sign a new deal until start of next league year.

It'd be a big gamble for everybody involved: Bell, the new team, and the Steelers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

It's going to be tough/impossible to get another team to give much value in return, because he'd still be a free agent at the end of the season. Can't sign a new deal until start of next league year.

It'd be a big gamble for everybody involved: Bell, the new team, and the Steelers.

You’re right.  But I still don’t think it’s unlikely.  By game 10 there will be teams in the playoff hunt that might be willing to take a flyer on Bell for six games and the playoffs.  And if Conner continues to show himself as a star back it’s no loss to the Steelers.  Getting anything for him would be better than nothing.  You’d think end of season with Bell has got to be worth a second round draft pick.  

52 minutes ago, lla887 said:

You’re right.  But I still don’t think it’s unlikely.  By game 10 there will be teams in the playoff hunt that might be willing to take a flyer on Bell for six games and the playoffs.  And if Conner continues to show himself as a star back it’s no loss to the Steelers.  Getting anything for him would be better than nothing.  You’d think end of season with Bell has got to be worth a second round draft pick.  

Don't quite think so, since

A) there's no guarantee that Bell will play, even for another team, at all this year

B) there's no guarantee that Bell would resign after this year, and no legal way to lock him up long term before he becomes a free agent

A trade would be best case for all of us, I just don't see it happening. I think, at most, a team might be willing to gamble with a 5th... and I'm skeptical any would even go that far. But I certainly could be proven wrong. Crazy things happen.

[Removed AC content]

Edit: the smiley face is supposed to be a (B)

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content -- use the Completed Trades thread in AC forum
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Don't quite think so, since

A) there's no guarantee that Bell will play, even for another team, at all this year

B) there's no guarantee that Bell would resign after this year, and no legal way to lock him up long term before he becomes a free agent

A trade would be best case for all of us, I just don't see it happening. I think, at most, a team might be willing to gamble with a 5th... and I'm skeptical any would even go that far. But I certainly could be proven wrong. Crazy things happen.

FWIW, I have Conner on a team with DJ and Fournette, with only 2 RB spots and no flex.  I'm listening to offers for Fournette. Was offered Bell for LF straight up, but said no.

Edit: the smiley face is supposed to be a (B)

Quoting myself... tacky.

But, thinking it through a little, maybe a trade isn't off the table.  Not sure exactly how compensatory picks work, but I believe Pittsburgh would stand to gain a 2020 3rd rounder after Bell walks in the off-season (if they don't do much in free agency themselves). I think the same would apply to any team thst traded for him.

So maybe a team that's not planning on doing much in free agency offers up a 4th or something, counting on getting that compensatory pick if they can't resign him.  Only problem with that scenario is teams with the cap space to trade for and resign Bell usually plan on being fairly active in the FA market, which I think would cost them the comp pick.

I own Conner but I think Bell comes back before the end of the season. As we know he can miss 9 games and still get credit for the season. I’m not sure what the advantages are to getting credit for the season vs. sitting out the season aside from money. I guess it would give the Steelers one last chance to take him although that would cause a MAJOR problem considering what they are going through now.  This is the second time bell has been tagged but he hasn’t signed this one yet. He could be tagged 3 years in a row. 

I really hope We can use Conner all year. They could give Bell his 6 mil if he comes back week 11 and let him sit if Conner is playing great. I’m not sure I see that happening though. At best he would have a 50/50 split but I would guess Bell would take his full workload back again. 

It may may have been posted in this thread but Schefter thinks Bell will be back by the end of the month. It’s all a guessing game but may he knows something. 

Adam Schefter

To anyone suggesting the Steelers trade RB Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh is not even considering that option at this time, per source. No interest in dealing him. Steelers will wait for him, and some around the league believe Bell will be back before end of month

Pouncey thought it was last Wednesday. 

Rapaport thought it was last Saturday.

Schefty thinks by the end of the month. 

I’ll say by the end of the year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Pouncey thought it was last Wednesday. 

Rapaport thought it was last Saturday.

Schefty thinks by the end of the month. 

I’ll say by the end of the year. 

There's a chance that they trade him during the season too. 

8 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

Which is another saying that the odds on "the field" are also even. Meaning the odds are even that he won't be a Steeler next year and will be with some other team [or not in the league at all].

Trying to predict which of 31 other teams will obtain his services, there are bound to be a lot of long odds. If you assume there are 3-4 really likely suitors, those teams are likely to be +300 or higher. But trying to predict Steelers vs !Steelers is a lot different. 

I know how gambling works. 

My only point is that the presumption that Bell is gone next year is entirely premature. Carry on.

We need to consider what type of condition Bell is in if or when he shows up.  Hasn't played a game in forever and is partying into the wee hours(not every night I'm sure).  Either way, they're not dropping Bell into the lineup his 1st week back and giving him 30 touches.  Connor could just be a better option when Bell gets back.

Rolling with Connor.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

We need to consider what type of condition Bell is in if or when he shows up.  Hasn't played a game in forever and is partying into the wee hours(not every night I'm sure).  Either way, they're not dropping Bell into the lineup his 1st week back and giving him 30 touches.  Connor could just be a better option when Bell gets back.

Rolling with Connor.

I've heard no reports of Bell working out, his regimen, etc - unlike when Zeke, Gordon, even TO (back in the day) were away from their teams.

This, more than anything, has me uneasy about Bell (from an acquisition standpoint)

Wow those are some huge holes to run threw. Pretty 95% of this board could have scored that first TD. I will be interested to see what he does against a better run D. Don’t be surprised if he gets locked up. 

9 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Wow those are some huge holes to run threw. Pretty 95% of this board could have scored that first TD. I will be interested to see what he does against a better run D. Don’t be surprised if he gets locked up. 

Browns run D was not too shabby last year, and looks like it should be pretty good this year too.  I'm sure there will be tougher matchups but it's not like week one was against some scrub defense.

3 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Browns run D was not too shabby last year, and looks like it should be pretty good this year too.  I'm sure there will be tougher matchups but it's not like week one was against some scrub defense.

If we were just talking about that first TD sure, Browns made it a bit simplistic, but we need to look at the whole game