tonycpsu

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

Touts from tail end of the last thread:

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Ill be streaming Jake Junis vs. Det and BAL this week 

5 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Brian Johnson has two nice matchups vs Miami and at CHW. 

At the plate I like Billy McKinney. He’s hit the ball very well since getting called up and he leads off. Has shown some power and speed and good on base skills so far. Plus he gets to face Baltimore and Miami pitching this week. 

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

Lourdes Gurriel Jr and J Villar are nice plays this week  as well due to facing some gawd awful pitching.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mi26 said:

any good streams this week?

I'm throwing out Pannone @ BAL tonight and Johnson vs. MIA.........not sure if they are good or not but look ok on paper.

My streaming plays for tonight are Brian Johnson vs. the Marlins and Jake Junis vs. the Tigers.  Danny Duffy vs. Detroit tomorrow looks good, and if he's not already owned in your league, get CC Sabathia vs. the White Sox.

If you just want a cheat code for strong vs. weak opponents the rest of the way, you could do worse than Pitcher List's latest, which tries to figure out strength of schedule.  Obviously matchups could change, but if you see a guy with a lot of green, blue, and black matchups in the next 2-3, they might be a good target to grab and hold.  If you see green then red, that might be a good stream.

• Like 3

Sabathia has another favorable matchup and has pitched very well of late. He also looks like a good candidate for a W tonight with the way the Yankees have been playing lately. 

Edited by BostonCajun

Amy word on anibel Sanchez being available Friday for Atlanta? Not seeing any decent matchups the rest of week on my wire and he left his last start with hamstring tightness

20 minutes ago, MSU2661 said:

Roman Quinn if he sees everyday at bats 

if he did , he'd be one of the biggest waiver wire pickup of the year.

Edited by JetsAwesome

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:42 AM, jeffr913 said:

Tyler White could help your team down the stretch

Over muncy this week?

Wei yin Chen... Blue Jays today and has a 1.84 era at home over 60+ innings. 10ks in his last start and only 4 earned runs in 23 August innings. 

Picked him up for the start today 

Any good options for Monday or this upcoming week? My Yahoo! league doesn't allow same day pickups/starts so I'd need to pick them up today for tomorrow

26 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

Any good options for Monday or this upcoming week? My Yahoo! league doesn't allow same day pickups/starts so I'd need to pick them up today for tomorrow

I'm going to take a chance on Reynaldo Lopez against the Tigers on MON.

Eovaldi vs the Braves if he is available ...I don't care for this match up though 

Shoemaker is schedule to come of the DL to start MON vs Tex ... I'd wait and see on how well he does before a pick up of any kind.  Shoemaker is a good pitcher when healthy ... that is the problem though.

4 hours ago, metropolitans said:

I'm taking fullmer vs the Sox and Lopez vs the tigers

Fullmer had a good game against them before getting shelled by the royals. Lopez coincidentally has been alright as of late other than also getting shelled by the royals. He then shutdown the Yankees... Go figure 

On 9/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, ValhallaVikings said:

Wei yin Chen... Blue Jays today and has a 1.84 era at home over 60+ innings. 10ks in his last start and only 4 earned runs in 23 August innings. 

Picked him up for the start today 

Good start and win. Has a 9.81 era or so on the road, more earned runs then innings pitched.... Then Cy young at home 

5 hours ago, metropolitans said:

Giolito has Det and has been a new man since the ASB

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Giolito has Det and has been a new man since the ASB

Gio is a good stream as well ..........Gio pitches TUES - Lopez is scheduled Mon

Gio still worries me a bit, he's still a little too prone to 'blowups' even though he's been great post-ASB

Is Touki Toussaint worth gambling versus the Bosox in Atlanta? 

I also think I like Stroman at home vs TB

-thoughts?

its risky against Boston but with his stuff .. well I am starting him. Plenty of time during the rest of the week to repair the damage. 

Plus you will be kicking yourself if he throws a gem. I'd rather try than not do anything at all ........ especially (like mentioned) its the first of the week.