Sign in to follow this  
OKCSeahawks

14-teams / $75 buy-in / pay via Leaguesafe / full PPR / auction draft / ESPN / draft is Friday, August 31 at 7:30 PM Eastern / click for more details.

I ran a 14-team league last year, and it was a blast. Everyone plays everyone else exactly once, and the top 7 teams (so exactly 50%) qualify for the playoffs.  

The payout at the end of the year is as follows:  
*League Champion: $600  
*Runner-Up: $350  
*Most points in regular season: $50  
*Earning the #1 seed: $50  

Each team gets 14 roster spots. Here's a breakdown of the rosters:  
*1 QB  
*2 RB  
*2 WR  
*1 TE  
*1 Flex  
*1 K  
*1 D/ST  
*5 Bench  
*(there is also 1 IR spot)  

Each team has $200 to build their roster through the auction draft.  

The scoring is the standard full-point PPR settings for ESPN, with a few minor tweaks to Kicker and D/ST scoring. (For D/STs, the league uses incremental scoring, which is explained here. You can see a breakdown of the incremental scoring here.)

We will be using FAAB rather than waivers for player acquisitions throughout the season. Each team has $200 in FAAB to spend throughout the year.  

If interested, leave your email below or PM it to me, and I'll send you the links to ESPN and Leaguesafe. Please pay ASAP; anyone who doesn't pay within a few hours of receiving the links will be replaced.  

I like it. payouts are good for only a $75 entry fee. How many spots are open? The only thing stopping me from commiting is im not positive I can be home in time for the 7:30 eastern time auction. It will be close but hate being rushed. Let me see if I can re arrange a few things at work to get home in time Friday. I will know by noon tomorrow. Please email me a invite so I can look at settings.   slack90@sbcglobal.net

11 minutes ago, dodgerblue10 said:

I like it. payouts are good for only a $75 entry fee. How many spots are open? The only thing stopping me from commiting is im not positive I can be home in time for the 7:30 eastern time auction. It will be close but hate being rushed. Let me see if I can re arrange a few things at work to get home in time Friday. I will know by noon tomorrow. Please email me a invite so I can look at settings.   slack90@sbcglobal.net

No problem. I just sent you the ESPN and Leaguesafe links.

To be perfectly honest, you're the only other one I've got so far because I just started advertising tonight, but please know that I ALWAYS fill my leagues. Even if we only have a handful on Friday morning, I'm confident we'll fill prior to the draft. I'll be very aggressive in filling the league between now and the draft. If you want to wait a day to pay, I totally understand. (Hell, I haven't even paid yet!)

sorry I thought I saw the draft was 7;30 eastern. I might be able to move a few things and swing that but no way I can do 6:30 eastern. I thought I saw 7:30 before but I just looked at settings and it is 6:30 so there is no way I could do that time. Thanks though

18 minutes ago, dodgerblue10 said:

sorry I thought I saw the draft was 7;30 eastern. I might be able to move a few things and swing that but no way I can do 6:30 eastern. I thought I saw 7:30 before but I just looked at settings and it is 6:30 so there is no way I could do that time. Thanks though

Um, the draft is at 7:30 PM Eastern.

I clicked the join league link you sent and draft is scheduled for 6:30 Eastern time. Sounds like this just needs corrected to 7:30?? Also, offensive players do get 6 pts for scoring punt and kick return TD? That's what settings indicate anyway

7 hours ago, dodgerblue10 said:

I clicked the join league link you sent and draft is scheduled for 6:30 Eastern time. Sounds like this just needs corrected to 7:30?? Also, offensive players do get 6 pts for scoring punt and kick return TD? That's what settings indicate anyway

Are you sure you're looking at the correct league? The draft is schedule for Friday, August 31 at 7:30 PM Eastern. I've triple checked now, and that is the draft time. The name of the league is Sesame Street Showdown. And yes, offensive players get 6 points for scoring punt and kick return TDs. (Same for the D/ST.)

9 minutes ago, dodgerblue10 said:

well I clicked the link you sent me so yes as long as you sent the right one

Hmmmm. I wonder if your default settings are set to Central Time. That's the only thing I can think of. The league is definitely drafting at 7:30 PM Eastern, which is in 2 days, 7 hours, and 37 minutes.

I checked from my computer and it does show 7:30 eastern as you said. maybe my espn app on my phone (where I checked before) is set to Central. Anyway, I am 90% sure I can make it at 7:30 eastern time. I am just waiting to hear back if I can move my last work appointment of the day up 30 minutes. I will know by this afternoon. Thanks

1 hour ago, dodgerblue10 said:

I checked from my computer and it does show 7:30 eastern as you said. maybe my espn app on my phone (where I checked before) is set to Central. Anyway, I am 90% sure I can make it at 7:30 eastern time. I am just waiting to hear back if I can move my last work appointment of the day up 30 minutes. I will know by this afternoon. Thanks

Awesome. I hope it works out.

I'm good for Friday. I joined the league but I will wait to pay until we get a little closer to full if that's ok. Still looks like we need quite a few teams. I will reach out to a few guys in my auction league but they are normally in the $200 entry range so no promises.

8 minutes ago, dodgerblue10 said:

I'm good for Friday. I joined the league but I will wait to pay until we get a little closer to full if that's ok. Still looks like we need quite a few teams. I will reach out to a few guys in my auction league but they are normally in the $200 entry range so no promises.

No problem on waiting a bit before paying; I would do the same thing in your shoes. However, just know that I have ALWAYS filled my leagues on time. As you probably know, people tend to be a little reluctant to be among the first to pay, and most people tend to only be interested in joining leagues on the day of the draft, so we likely won't fill until Friday.