Sign in to follow this  
andy1234

Kopech or Hamels ROS? WHIR

I know it’s a silly question with the way Hamels hasn’t been pitching but I guess I’m trying to gauge people’s thoughts on how well Kopech will be pitching

I would still advocate for Hamels here, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Kopech was more productive for the rest of the season lol. I am assuming you are referring to the team in your signature, and you are debating whether you should drop Kopech for Hamels, yes? Given you only start 2 SP anyway, I can't imagine a situation in which Kopech or Hamels would be a starter for a week unless they had an ideal 2 start week, or both Cole and Carrasco were injured or something. 

1 hour ago, jbj said:

I would still advocate for Hamels here, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Kopech was more productive for the rest of the season lol. I am assuming you are referring to the team in your signature, and you are debating whether you should drop Kopech for Hamels, yes? Given you only start 2 SP anyway, I can't imagine a situation in which Kopech or Hamels would be a starter for a week unless they had an ideal 2 start week, or both Cole and Carrasco were injured or something. 

Yes, it is the team in the sig. The roster is daily and doesn't get locked in so I am not sure if that was your assumption. I rarely ever win SV+H so I was thinking of dropping on of my RP and plugging in Price there permanently and pick up Hamels. It's only one category and we also have a BS category so for me, its a wash in terms of punting.

1 hour ago, andy1234 said:

Yes, it is the team in the sig. The roster is daily and doesn't get locked in so I am not sure if that was your assumption. I rarely ever win SV+H so I was thinking of dropping on of my RP and plugging in Price there permanently and pick up Hamels. It's only one category and we also have a BS category so for me, its a wash in terms of punting.

Ah okay, I saw the "start 2 SP" and was a bit confused by the league settings. That makes more sense.

Your RP are definitely a bit weak- I don't necessarily trust Boxberger to efficiently convert every save opportunity he gets whereas Yates and Jeffress may not even reliably be getting save opportunities for various reasons. For the most part your hitting is pretty strong, although rostering two catchers is a bit questionable. If Donaldson gets dealt and miraculously has a more Donaldson-esque end to the season then I would feel confident in you winning a lot of cats there, which would help punting a pitching cat. You are probably a lock for Ks, and probably Ws barring bad luck, but Wheeler and Kopech might not necessarily be strong for wins in the month. Going starter heavy would be riskier for your WHIP-related ratios, but I think it still makes sense in your situation. Go for it. I think Boxberger would be my drop.

Probably say keep Hamels.  Kopech probably has an innings limit would could impact championship run.  I'd keep both though if at all possible.