wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

well with todays news on Cobb

it's about time to get some talk going on this kid

Packers fifth-round WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling caught 5-of-7 targets for 101 yards and a touchdown in Thursday's preseason game.

Valdes-Scantling looked every bit his 6-foot-4, 206-pound frame while also flashing his 4.37 speed. His touchdown was a contested 15-yarder he caught in the back of the end zone. It was an impressive night for a player battling for a role in a receiver corps that's wide open behind Davante Adams and Randall Cobb

I'd definitely keep my on him. As of now he's an undrafted free agent at best. Keep one eye on him and one on the waiver wire come the season.

The only rookie getting pt this year... anything to see here if Cobb is out?

Local Packers fan here... if Cobb is out and sounds likely, hesmaybe a stab in DFS. Packers/Rodgers are going to rely moreso on trusted guys...Adams/Allison/Graham than the rookies, and even on the trio RBs. I’d love to see the youth movement, but Rodgers focuses too much on his guys.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 9:23 PM, hard1 said:

The only rookie getting pt this year... anything to see here if Cobb is out?

no. allison is the guy. it's amazing how fantasy football immediately moves to the next guy even when the guy everyone was waiting to become the next guy, actually becomes the next guy!

with that said, valdes will probably go 8/93/1td because i said that

8 hours ago, FritzLn said:

no. allison is the guy. it's amazing how fantasy football immediately moves to the next guy even when the guy everyone was waiting to become the next guy, actually becomes the next guy!

with that said, valdes will probably go 8/93/1td because i said that

Allison had already been getting his.... so with Cobb out you think Allison gets double? Like 16 targets? Maybe, I guess....the key word here is Rodgers.... he makes 3 wr viable....

Nothing much being said about this guy....anything to see here?

I see reports that Cobb wasn't close to playing last week and that Allison got a concussion.  Seems possible he misses this week.

If Cobb and Allison are out, that leaves Scantling opposite Adams.  I'm a bit intrigued by his 6'4 size and looks like he flashed a bit in the preseason.  Obviously, any warm body with Aaron Rodgers becomes relevant.  

Seems like he possibly could be a good one week plug and play if somebody has bye week issues.  I'm not sure though as Rodgers seems to take awhile to trust guys sometimes.

I'l l admit though I don't follow the Packers much or know much about Scantling.  Would love to see Packers fans chime in with thoughts on this guy.

I think there should def be more chatter in here... Cobb gone next year so at least from that aspect. If not for the current situation 

9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Nothing much being said about this guy....anything to see here?

I see reports that Cobb wasn't close to playing last week and that Allison got a concussion.  Seems possible he misses this week.

If Cobb and Allison are out, that leaves Scantling opposite Adams.  I'm a bit intrigued by his 6'4 size and looks like he flashed a bit in the preseason.  Obviously, any warm body with Aaron Rodgers becomes relevant.  

Seems like he possibly could be a good one week plug and play if somebody has bye week issues.  I'm not sure though as Rodgers seems to take awhile to trust guys sometimes.

I'l l admit though I don't follow the Packers much or know much about Scantling.  Would love to see Packers fans chime in with thoughts on this guy.

Are you really going to start him this week? I think he's a stream at best. I would say Allison misses a week tops, and Cobb will be healthy eventually. This guy is like the 6th option in the passing game when the Packers are healthy. He's like a 16-teamer.

3 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

Are you really going to start him this week? I think he's a stream at best. I would say Allison misses a week tops, and Cobb will be healthy eventually. This guy is like the 6th option in the passing game when the Packers are healthy. He's like a 16-teamer.

6th? When all are healthy... well for one week this week he's the number 2 wr... so that leaves adams and ty mont and him and graham...I'm saying 5 catches ones a house call 112 yards total... bye weeks have started... if Cobb is out and allison out I think you are missing points on your bench...

• Like 1

He's in a great spot. Earned his way to the front of their rookie depth chart. Big dude with solid hands and big time jets. Cobb is gonna be out a while and likely replaced anyways. Allison might need at least a week too. Really glad I speculated last Sun in my 16 teamers...I think he'll be relevant in most leagues soon enough too.

He is a decent option while his opportunity lasts but he is not overtaking Allison. Ally cat has earned his keep.

11 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Almost think if Cobb and Allison are both out week 5,   Monty may be benefit here

Upwards of 18 targets for monty? Yeah grab that dude...

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Upwards of 18 targets for monty? Yeah grab that dude...

18?? Jesus!.... I was thinking maybe 10..Seems everytime Packers were without Adams and or Jordy and or Cooks etc. ..Monty seemed to have big games 

Yeah was trying to get a feel... you said monty benefits the most wondered what thay looks like... cause they are gonna use their 2nd wr...to plug monty over him... thought you were thinking crazy

MVS SZN:

Coach Mike McCarthy singled out rookie Marquez Valdes-Scantling as the next man up at receiver should Randall Cobb (hamstring) and Geronimo Allison (concussion) sit Week 5 against the Lions.

McCarthy said he has "great confidence" in the other rookie WRs J'Mon Moore and Equanimeous St. Brown, but Valdes-Scantling will "have a role" and was named by the coach. It's been pretty clear through four weeks fifth-rounder Valdes-Scantling is ahead of the other two rookies. MVS played 54-of-76 snaps last week as the starting slot man, catching a 38-yard pass on three targets. He'll be in line for a bigger role if Cobb and Allison are unable to play.

Source: ESPN.com

Get this dude now. Adams is hurt, Allison still not cleared and Cobb is gonna be down a bit.