wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

I didn't realize this kid was 6 -3.  Wow he should be a fixture in this offense for years.  

GA might be on outside looking in for some time.  

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I didn't realize this kid was 6 -3.  Wow he should be a fixture in this offense for years.  

GA might be on outside looking in for some time.  

Hes actually 6'4 206 pounds. Big WR. He also ran a 4.37 at the combine with that size too. Talk about a threat.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 2

He was a nice fill in for diggs this week, might have to start him again this week.  Was getting anxious when he only had one target in the first half yesterday, but the catches he made during that third quarter drive was really impressive.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Hes actually 6'4 206 pounds. Big WR.

For how amazing Rodgers is and the talent he has at WR compared to some teams its incredible they don't score closer to 30 pts a game.  

I don't get it.  I am one of Rodger's biggest fans of his greatness as I owned him for like 5 years straight in fantasy for great success but TDs just feel impossible to get with this offense.  Maybe its McCarthy after-all, apparently his offense just hasn't evolved from 5 years ago when they were one of the best in the leagues and the talent isnt that far off.  Jordy and Greg Jennings while really really good aren't totally irreplaceable for how great Rodgers is.

They need a new coaching staff and offense for the twilight part of Arod's career asap. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

For how amazing Rodgers is and the talent he has at WR compared to some teams its incredible they don't score closer to 30 pts a game.  

I don't get it.  I am one of Rodger's biggest fans of his greatness as I owned him for like 5 years straight in fantasy for great success but TDs just feel impossible to get with this offense.  Maybe its McCarthy after-all, apparently his offense just hasn't evolved from 5 years ago when they were one of the best in the leagues and the talent isnt that far off.  Jordy and Greg Jennings while really really good aren't totally irreplaceable for how great Rodgers is.

They need a new coaching staff and offense for the twilight part of Arod's career asap. 

Rodgers owns Mason Crosby in his fantasy league.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Something is off. His knee I think is still bothering him. He doesn't feel completely secure moving around. Also he looked like he hesitated on a number of throws. Might be due to building that trust that he doesn't have yet with all these WRs. McCarthy is another problem. I mean he doesn't really bring anything to the table. Rodgers has hit his peak a few years ago but he hasn't really had a mentor like Brady has to push him over the top. They are probably running the same plays from 5 years ago.

****Sleeper Bot alert****

Geronimo Allison may need muscle core surgery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nflcore said:

wow i picked him as free agent because of diggs injury. what a great pick i think i got my WR2

that seems a little hyperbolic.  He's probably exactly what Geronimo was pre-injury - solid flex play.

Geronimo Allison may need core muscle surgery.

Coach Mike McCarthy called it a "big" and "significant" injury that sounds like it could threaten the rest of Allison's season. Allison recently visited Dr. William Meyer in Philadelphia, a known expert on groin and core-muscle matters. If Allison does require a procedure, Marquez Valdes-Scantling would be further locked in as Green Bay's No. 2 wideout behind Davante Adams.

23 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

giphy.gif

I love this guy...especially when "it's happening" to  player I own!  

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

I disagree about the talent around him.  Adams is solid but unspectacular and his other WRs are an over the hill Randall Cobb, and a bunch of late round rookies.

• Like 1

Just now, FF4life said:

I just traded MVS + McGuire for Edelman right before this news

you still won

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

I've been subjected to watching a ton of Packer games having lived in Wisconsin for 8+ years and I can assure you McCarthy brings nothing to the table scheme wise. They run a very simple offense that is reliant on Rodgers ability to improvise with his receivers once the initial play breaks down, this worked wonders when their pass catching crew was stacked (Nelson, Jennings, Jones, Cobb, Finley) due to the chemistry that had developed amongst those players over time. Fast forward to recent years where it's been a revolving door at 3rd WR, TE, and Cobb constantly being hurt and McCarthy's lack of creativity is being exposed.

Anyways, no matter what though the big play is always a possibility with Rodgers throwing the ball, it seems like Graham and Adams dominate the red zone but MVS can be very fantasy relevant moving the chains for GB.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

that seems a little hyperbolic.  He's probably exactly what Geronimo was pre-injury - solid flex play.

Definitely a WR3 with WR2 upside! 12, 10, 10, and 10 in his last 4 games. Definitely needs more targets tho.

And you all right about Rodgers. Has to be the injury, but he’s playing like a really good QB. Not a great one.

25 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I disagree about the talent around him.  Adams is solid but unspectacular and his other WRs are an over the hill Randall Cobb, and a bunch of late round rookies.

What?  Have you seen the starting WR corps for the Bills, Titans, Skins, Bears, Jets, Browns, Cowboys, Raiders ( lol )...to just name a few. 

I am not saying that the Packer's WR are akin to the Rams or Chargers but they have a lot more talent than a good portion of the NFL in terms of pass catchers.  They just have no clue how to properly utilize their weapons and make the game easier than it needs to be.  

Too much dependance on ARod improvising. 

Edited by Zak0221

Dont like players getting hurt but this basically solved my Theilen bye issue

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

What?  Have you seen the starting WR corps for the Bills, Titans, Skins, Bears, Jets, Browns, Cowboys, Raiders ( lol )...to just name a few. 

I am not saying that the Packer's WR are akin to the Rams or Chargers but they have a lot more talent than a good portion of the NFL in terms of pass catchers.  They just have no clue how to properly utilize their weapons and make the game easier than it needs to be.  

Too much dependance on ARod improvising. 

Give me the Titans (CDavis, DWalker, DLewis, TTaylor) and Bears (ARob, Burton, Cohen, AMiller, Gabriel) over the Packers receiving weapons. The others are some of the worst in the NFL.  I think if you put Adams on a different team with a below average QB he would be thought of much differently

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Give me the Titans (CDavis, DWalker, DLewis, TTaylor) and Bears (ARob, Burton, Cohen, AMiller, Gabriel) over the Packers receiving weapons. The others are some of the worst in the NFL.  I think if you put Adams on a different team with a below average QB he would be thought of much differently

Never use T.Taylor to help prove your point, you lost all credibility after that.  That dude is atrocious.  

Again though I never was saying 'omg GB has a ton of elite weapons', it was more 'wow the NFL has some garbage pass catching corps that the GB skill players arnt THAT bad when you actually compare'.  

DA Graham and MVS with Aaron Jones is workable if the coach understands NFL. 

Edited by Zak0221