Week 11 @SEA                  
Week 12 @MIN                  
Week 13 ARI                  
Week 14 ATL                  
Week 15 @CHI                  
Week 16 @NYJ

MVS should be useful in Round 1 & 3 of the playoffs

47 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If he's at Geronimo's level, Geronimo was a WR2 before he went out. I'm expecting this. Arrow's WAY UP

Yup.  The WR opposite Adams has been scoring very consistently as a fantasy WR2 this season.  Weeks 1-4 Geronimo averaged ~12 ppg (in my league) and Weeks 5-9 MVS averaged ~12 ppg.  12 ppg puts you at about WR18.   The worst game this season was 8.5.

Edited by Nap Time

Am I really going to try and pick up my third different GB WR this year... this better actually be "the guy" this time lmao.

3 hours ago, FF4life said:

I just traded MVS + McGuire for Edelman right before this news

Edelman owner accepted that?! Even with the news.. you still won..

MVS will be solid moving forward.. watch some of his catches this past game

Okay guys, I know nothing of this kid.  So I am looking for honest objective words on whether I should make an effort to pick him up this week.  I no longer trust my Golladay so I need one more WR to start this week assuming I bench KG. 

Is this kid my man?  I understand Allison May be back this week. Does this put a hamper on things?  Should I instead go for Allison? Like I said, I know very little about either Packers WRs not named Adams. Any help here would be very appreciated.  I will also go back and read some previous comments. 

Seems very boom/bust to me, but he seems to be producing on his few catches per game. Not sure if he's worth starting, but definitely worth starting/bye week filler 

11 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Okay guys, I know nothing of this kid.  So I am looking for honest objective words on whether I should make an effort to pick him up this week.  I no longer trust my Golladay so I need one more WR to start this week assuming I bench KG. 

Is this kid my man?  I understand Allison May be back this week. Does this put a hamper on things?  Should I instead go for Allison? Like I said, I know very little about either Packers WRs not named Adams. Any help here would be very appreciated.  I will also go back and read some previous comments. 

The corps is a mess. Tons of mouths to feed. I don’t trust it unless Cobb and/or Allison is out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Cobb is not the same guy he was a few years ago, Allison is most likely heading to IR. This guy should be solid WR2 ROS. Grab him if he's available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think especially right now and especially  in bigger leagues player like MVS are perfect. There are Elite WR that are currently struggeling with injuries (AJG, Diggs) and/or have their bye around this days (JJ, Allen 2 weeks ago; AJG, OBJ last week; Hopkins, Sanders, Diggs this week). And here you have a guy you could get off waivers for cheep (or even for free). Over the last 4 weeks he got you 14,5 PPG in PPR and 11 PPG in STD. He's playing with one of the best QB in the league and is fighting for WR2 with a guy who prop. needs surgery and a guy that looks (at least feels) like the ghost of himself.

Is he going to win you your league? No, but that's not why you took him. It seems like we're spoiled with the Conner situation and try to find the league winner with every player. 

Is he going to be a WR1 from here on now? Also no, but again, you didn't pick him up and thought about that.

In my eyes he is the perfect bye week filler (plus more, maybe...). You have one of the WR listed above and you plugged in MVS as replacement for bye or injury, you prop. still had solid matchups.

• Thanks 1

I am very much thinking of using him instead of TY this week in my flex.

Those new to this thread should look to these quick points:

-Allison is basically done for fantasy season

-MVS is a great athlete with all kinds of traits needed to succeed in NFL

-He earned his way up the depth chart even before GA and Cobb became injured

-It has taken time, but Rodgers now seems to have developed trust in him

I wish it were another coach (with some creativity) running the offense, but Rodgers makes up for so much. They really need to rotate him back into the slot more like they did when Cobb was out. Cobb just looks slow and can't win at the LOS. This kid at 6'4" would create monster mismatches.

This guys my wr2 since my wr1 is Tyler Boyd. Yeah- it’s that type of season. Also yeah- very confident he’s a top-30 play ROS. He played 80% of the snaps last game and Rodgers is trusting him more and more. Easy start ROS in 3 wr leagues.

14 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Yup.  The WR opposite Adams has been scoring very consistently as a fantasy WR2 this season.  Weeks 1-4 Geronimo averaged ~12 ppg (in my league) and Weeks 5-9 MVS averaged ~12 ppg.  12 ppg puts you at about WR18.   The worst game this season was 8.5.

Here are the numbers:

Week 1 - 14

Week 2 - 8

Week 3 - 14

Week 4 - 10

Week 5 - 15

Week 6 - 11

Week 7 - bye

Week 8 - 11

Week 9 - 11

Average  = 12, which is WR18.

And there is upside:  MVS likely didn't practice much with Rodgers in the summer.  Now that they're working together every day the chemistry should improve.  Given his physical talents which are vastly superior to Allison, he might even become a high-end WR2 or low-end WR1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely would like to see him getting 8-10+ targets per game instead of 5.  He would be in WR1 territory most likely for sure.

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Allison has a core muscle (hernia?) Injury, and is done.  Cobb no longer is a run after the catch stud.  I like MVS a lot going forward, but i'm not sure I would bench Golladay for him.  Detroit is going to figure it out, and my experience is as soon as a stud or near stud in this case is benched he goes off.  I'd still pick up MVS, he'll be Rogers 2nd or 3rd option going forward after Adams and Graham.  Good luck.

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Definitely would like to see him getting 8-10+ targets per game instead of 5.  He would be in WR1 territory most likely for sure.

Wont happen. Rodgers has to feed Adams and I think he spreads out the passes to everyone else. 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

The corps is a mess. Tons of mouths to feed. I don’t trust it unless Cobb and/or Allison is out. 

Don't love this analysis. Teams usually try to win games, not feed starving receivers.  Is he their 2nd best receiver or not?  If he's not, then easy pass. If he is, he'll get the ball enough IMO.  Having the 2 extra guys out just makes him more of a no brainer play in shallower leagues.  Whether he's a start on your particular team depends on your roster and league size.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Allison has a core muscle (hernia?) Injury and is done.  Cobb no longer is the run after the catch stud.  I lie MVS a lot going forward, but i'm not sure I would bench Golladay for him.  Detroit is going to figure it out, and my experience is as soon as a stud or near stud in this case is benched he goes off.  I'd still pick up MVS, he'll be Rogers 2nd or 3rd option ggoing forward after Adams and Graham.  GoI'd luck.

I enjoyed reading your words here....thanks.

My thoughts....Golladay cost me the game this past week....I lost by 6. He has been nothing for about 4 weeks in a row.  It is not like me to just do nothing hoping he becomes relevant especially when I know Rodgers>Stafford and likes to throw a ton. Stafford is looking more like Eli Manning....that concerns me greatly. 

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I enjoyed reading your words here....thanks.

My thoughts....Golladay cost me the game this past week....I lost by 6. He has been nothing for about 4 weeks in a row.  It is not like me to just do nothing hoping he becomes relevant especially when I know Rodgers>Stafford and likes to throw a ton. Stafford is looking more like Eli Manning....that concerns me greatly. 

Yea Golladay f'ed me too for the past 2 weeks after trading for him :( 
tryna see if I can pick up MVS but I'm last on waivers... just gotta hope nobody is getting hit hard by WRs as much as I am

3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Here are the numbers:

Week 1 - 14

Week 2 - 8

Week 3 - 14

Week 4 - 10

Week 5 - 15

Week 6 - 11

Week 7 - bye

Week 8 - 11

Week 9 - 11

Average  = 12, which is WR18.

And there is upside:  MVS likely didn't practice much with Rodgers in the summer.  Now that they're working together every day the chemistry should improve.  Given his physical talents which are vastly superior to Allison, he might even become a high-end WR2 or low-end WR1.

Agree with this.

4 straight weeks in double digitsk and people are still on here saying “boom or bust.” No, he’s just consistent. You’ve gotten as much production out of him as someone you likely drafted... for 4 straight weeks.

Now Allison is basically done and Cobb is a last second check down option. Valdes has an 80% snap share and ran over 30 routes with Cobb active Sunday. Oh, and he outsnapped Cobb.

He’s the new #2 in GB and Rodgers trusts him.

• Like 3

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Packers just placed Allison on IR.

This is great news for MVS. Removes my reservations about a crowded WR corps. Was more worried about him than CObb.