wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

Kind of sucks we don't have a good sample size from this year.. just 2 receptions for 41 yards. Seems like people are putting too much faith in this guy? 

• Like 1

is this guy any good?  serious question never seen his college tape and he hasn't done anything yet in his NFL time.  are we simply talking about a well Rodgers has to throw to someone situation or is this guy legit?  because if it is former Rodgers can only do so much,  this guy still has to run the route properly and catch the ball.  and would actually have me more concerned with Rodgers production. 

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

is this guy any good?  serious question never seen his college tape and he hasn't done anything yet in his NFL time.  are we simply talking about a well Rodgers has to throw to someone situation or is this guy legit?  because if it is former Rodgers can only do so much,  this guy still has to run the route properly and catch the ball.  and would actually have me more concerned with Rodgers production. 

I mean there's a reason he was drafted at the end of the 5th round. He never went over 800 yards or 6 TDs in college. However he is 6'4, ran a 4.3 forty, and flashed some in preseason combine that with possibly being the #1 or #2 WR with Rodgers and it's worth a stash.  

4 minutes ago, AJ92 said:

I mean there's a reason he was drafted at the end of the 5th round. He never went over 800 yards or 6 TDs in college. However he is 6'4, ran a 4.3 forty, and flashed some in preseason combine that with possibly being the #1 or #2 WR with Rodgers and it's worth a stash.  

sure he is worth a stash, but people are talking about starting him in lineups this week, that's what i'm asking about

I mean I'm sure he'll get more targets than usual this weekend but I just don't know if we can trust this dude right now 

23 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Kind of sucks we don't have a good sample size from this year.. just 2 receptions for 41 yards. Seems like people are putting too much faith in this guy? 

20 minutes ago, Panthor said:

is this guy any good?  serious question never seen his college tape and he hasn't done anything yet in his NFL time.

if you have gamepass, watch the preseason to expand the sample-size. j'mon moore has a better draft pedigree, st. brown had all the hype in july, but valdez-scantling outplayed the other rookies in august: he was aggressive, sure-handed, and fast, and he earned his spot behind geronimo allison. i have no hesitation plucking him from waivers over other packers WRs, and over colts WRs, but who can say how it'll shake out on sunday? ty montgomery and jimmy graham might benefit most from the WR corps injuries. i say take him off the waivers and decide sunday morning.

mvs83titans3.gif?w=1000

I'd grab this guy, but he seems to only have a temporary role, right?  He has opportunity for this week due to injury but he's clearly at best WR4 there when all healthy?  Is there any indication that Cobb or Adams will be out longer?

must play for sunday, im thinking. If cobb and allison are both out definitely. Size and speed combo with Rodgers throwing could be gold!

39 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'd grab this guy, but he seems to only have a temporary role, right?  He has opportunity for this week due to injury but he's clearly at best WR4 there when all healthy?  Is there any indication that Cobb or Adams will be out longer?

He's def only a 1 week stash at this point until hear otherwise... so if you are in daily or grasping for a hail Mary this is your guy.... like I can't play fitz MVS has just as much if not more of a chance to rock this week and I need a W...so for me easy plug and play... fitz at best gets me 5 for 65 cause he ain't beating anyone on a bum leg for a long one... this guy young fast better qb may get me 5 for 115 and a TD 

Edited by hard1

"Valdes-Scantling has received the bulk of the reps with the first-team offense during practices Wednesday and Thursday and could have a significant role in Sunday's game against the Lions, Wes Hodkiewicz of the Packers' official site reports."

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/packers-marquez-valdes-scantling-could-have-prominent-role-in-week-5/

I think this guy is a plug and play this week with potential to have his role increase based on how he performs this week.

Everyone is talking about Allison and Cobb possibly missing this weekend, I think Adams injury could be significant as well, he picked it up in practice on Wednesday and didn’t practice today.

If Cobb, Allison and Adams are out then I may be worried with MVS facing Dre Bly. Best case is Adams plays with Bly on him while Allison and Cobb are out.

• Like 1

Lotta talk about week 5 for him...assuming most owners probably have better week 5 options anyway.

What do people think about his long game here? He was the only one of the rookie trio to break out in preseason. Does Randall Cobb lose his job if this cat performs? And do all 3 Packers receivers come back healthy with each having a uniquely challenging injury?

Questions. 

1 hour ago, Yardage33 said:

If Cobb, Allison and Adams are out then I may be worried with MVS facing Dre Bly. Best case is Adams plays with Bly on him while Allison and Cobb are out.

I'm assuming you mean Darius Slay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CooL said:

I remember reading somewhere during the off-season the history players coming back in the same year they had foot surgery in is not good. Combine that with the noise we heard about Cobb getting traded or cut makes me think there is a chance he loses his spot in this offense.

Allison also hasn't proven much and a few big games by MVS might get him a long term role for the Packers.  

Dynasty grab him now. May flop Sunday but if he goes nuts, he's gold in 2018. Allison is a ham & egger. Cobb is history.

Coach Mike McCarthy said there's "hope" Geronimo Allison (concussion) will be cleared for Week 5 against the Lions.

Allison remains in the protocol, but the Packers have another 24 hours or so to get him cleared. We should know more by Saturday afternoon. Randall Cobb (hamstring) is already out. Davante Adams (calf) will practice on Saturday.

I think it's pretty safe to say that is Allison is cleared and Adams suites up... then unfortunately MVS would be a for sure no go this week.  

Thoughts on MVS?  Adams playing but looks like Allison and Cobb out.

[Removed AC content] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC content

Probably can't go wrong with either chiefs jags potential shoot out...

And you know Rodgers will sling it....

MVS could put himself on the map today.... I feel good...about starting him...

High risk high reward. #2 in that offense can do serious damage. But we don’t have much track record on MVS, would not be shocking if the other rookie WRs were heavily involved today