wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

MVS SZN.

Honestly though it's not for the faint of heart today. The floor is low, as Arodg could just funnel targets to Graham and maybe TMont?

But he could also see they are gonna need MVS to be fairly substantial part of things and give him some serious run today, I am leaning towards benching more proven options today and get him in my lineups. More gut than anything, but the opportunity is right...

It smells like last year when allison went off in random games because of injuries 

Adams will play... my question is (maybe ridiculous) ....but any chance you like MVS more than Adams this week? Says Adams pulled his calf in practice this week... 

3 minutes ago, Acropoliz21 said:

Adams will play... my question is (maybe ridiculous) ....but any chance you like MVS more than Adams this week? Says Adams pulled his calf in practice this week... 

Anything is possible, but I would bet on Adams. I wouldn't even be surprised if some combination of Adams/Graham/Montgomery/some random WR consume the vast majority of targets today and MVS is a virtual zero. 

5 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Anything is possible, but I would bet on Adams. I wouldn't even be surprised if some combination of Adams/Graham/Montgomery/some random WR consume the vast majority of targets today and MVS is a virtual zero. 

Agree...Feels like a wide range of outcomes just because we have nothing to go on here.

Logic would seem to say that the Packers probably have a run heavy approach against the Lions bottom barrel run defense with short stuff to Adams, Ty and Graham.

My guess is MVS will get a shot or two downfield and probably not realistic to think he gets more than 4-5 targets.  He's probably going to need a long TD to have a big game.  

10 targets and had a 2nd TD overturned (called down at like 1/2 yard line). Didn't see the whole game cause was watching RZ but seems like a promising fill-in for MVS. Allison probably will be back next week so unfortunately he likely loses relevance outside of deeper leagues (his game last week was just meh). 

I knew immediately when M Berry said he wasn't playable outside of DFS, that I had to get him and my lineups, and did just that.

Ultimately it was a pretty good performance. He pissed off Rodgers once early, but thankfully he didn't get mothballed and game script was fortunate. He should be the starting slot guy full time, but have to doubt that with moron mike running the show. I will say, that if Rodgers would have had more time in the first H that MVS might have had an enormous line, he was incredibly wide open on several occasions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having a tough time evaluating this kids long term prospects.  [Removed AC content]

Back to MVS though, he's definitely intriguing.  He's got some rare size and speed and could keep a bit of value until Cobb is healthy.  Frankly, he may be an upgrade over Cobb but I'm not sure the Packers would see it that way.  MVS probably goes back to fantasy irrelevance if Cobb and Allison are both healthy.

Part of me really wants to keep him around on my roster though knowing that Cobb has shown to be injury prone and that Allison is also banged up.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

What's going on here? I keep noticing that MVS is getting a lot of adds, but his drops are topping the adds. 

I’m holding as a end of bench stash. Cobb is a FA after this year, they may want to see more of this kid to see what they have

33 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

What's going on here? I keep noticing that MVS is getting a lot of adds, but his drops are topping the adds. 

Don't look at the yahoo numbers, most of the drops are Russian trolls

I don't think they draft 3 different WRs and make Cobb available for trade if he's impossible to pass over.

Cobb with one good game all year

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I don't think they draft 3 different WRs and make Cobb available for trade if he's impossible to pass over.

Cobb with one good game all year

Cobb is definitely done, but the question is will MVS retain value all season? He could, and he played well last game. Allison is definitely a thorn, but I don't think he plays the slot very often.

So, will MVS retain value as probably the 2nd / 3rd option in a Aaron Rodgers offense? If so, what to make of it? What's the priority to add? 

17 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I'm probably dropping him this week.

Just don't see much appeal.  Don't get me wrong, love his talent.  But first off, Cobb and/or Allison playing sends him off the radar.  And with the PAckers having a week 7 bye, chances are that both of those guys are healthy by week 8.  

So we really only have one more week of MVS being fantasy roster worthy right now.  And even that is questionable if either Allison or Cobb returns.

If Cobb were completely out of the picture, I guess he could hold his value as the slot guy.  But he'd still be farther down the pecking order.

Just a tough guy to hold with bye weeks looming....including his own bye next week.

Cobb won't play till after the bye...and let's say MVS has a better game this week than last... they wanna move on from cobb? This is the chance... per reports this kid was wide open several times... another week of practice and video... Rodgers will look for it and hit him

Edited by hard1

Cobb and Allison both DNP today.  Seems like Cobb is most certainly out again this week.  Allison has cleared concussion protocol, but DNP because of the hamstring.  If Cobb sits (which seems very likely) I like MVS this week.  If both sit, I LOVE MVS this week.   

• Like 2

Easy plug and play this week. No question.

Goodbye Amari and Doug, hello Scantling (for this week.)

He could be relevant all season long as this rate.

Just now, hard1 said:

I JUST watched this video before popping back over here.  The ONLY thing I am somewhat concerned with this week is volume.  GB was in a big hole early last week which forced the passing game.  GB is a 9 point favorite this week against San Fran.  However, SF hasn't looked THAT bad last 2 weeks with Beathard.  And Rodgers loves to throw no matter what.  Minor concern about the volume - still rolling MVS out there.  

2 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

I JUST watched this video before popping back over here.  The ONLY thing I am somewhat concerned with this week is volume.  GB was in a big hole early last week which forced the passing game.  GB is a 9 point favorite this week against San Fran.  However, SF hasn't looked THAT bad last 2 weeks with Beathard.  And Rodgers loves to throw no matter what.  Minor concern about the volume - still rolling MVS out there.  

Yeah could have been game dependent but he had his guy on all of those except that half a hail Mary and that's cause it wasn't thrown past him.... so from the open aspect? Dude had it in spades....he wasn't Rodgers first read on many of those either based on half being on the sideline already when throwing to him... but he had the look of chain mover and he's a threat to take one to the house with his speed.... if he gets the nod I expect Rodgers to have watched this and knows what he's looking for next time he gets the start....he isn't aaron Rodgers because he doesn't pay attention....