wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

Should be a good pickup this week as the wr2.  I assume allison is the #2 or maybe #3 next week though and this guy is the #4. Though cobb has not been very effective so maybe scantling can be the wr3 which has some decent value.

12 minutes ago, spidybl said:

Should be a good pickup this week as the wr2.  I assume allison is the #2 or maybe #3 next week though and this guy is the #4. Though cobb has not been very effective so maybe scantling can be the wr3 which has some decent value.

Is MVS a slot WR though? I thought he was an outside vertical guy so can't see him really replacing Cobb who plays mostly out of the slot with Adams and Allison when healthy on the outsides. When healthy I think Cobb is a valuable safety blanket and chain mover for the Packers even if that may not always lead to fantasy relevance. 

Edited by Jaw1

5 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Is MVS a slot WR though? I thought he was an outside vertical guy so can't see him really replacing Cobb who plays mostly out of the slot with Adams and Allison when healthy on the outsides. When healthy I think Cobb is a valuable safety blanket and chain mover for the Packers even if that may not always lead to fantasy relevance. 

I don’t recall if it was exclusively in the slot but he did line up there at times against the Bills with Allison playing.

Edited by whatisfootball
  • Like 1

Nice game, but unfortunately I don’t think he did enough tonight to warrant a role when the other guys get healthy.  He wasn’t on the same page as Rodgers a couple times, and that’s what matters most.

not a hold imo in 10 team leagues. In 12 team leagues I only consider him as sort of a cuff to allison or cobb. Wtihout allison or cobb I could not see holding him over someone who has a defined role like kearse on the jets or gabriel bears or albert wilson (point chasing of course but he has had 2 monster games this year which is 2 more than mvs). 

He's probably a year or two away. Can't imagine him taking targets from a healthy Allison and Cobb.

Edited by sSektor

10 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Nice game, but unfortunately I don’t think he did enough tonight to warrant a role when the other guys get healthy.  He wasn’t on the same page as Rodgers a couple times, and that’s what matters most.

Rodgers is the ultimate dick to everyone when their is blame to be laid, but yes the rooks get it the worst.

I think he has in fact earned a role. He already had when everyone was healthy, so these spotlight reps at every WR slot in the offense are only gonna help him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Rodgers is the ultimate dick to everyone when their is blame to be laid, but yes the rooks get it the worst.

I think he has in fact earned a role. He already had when everyone was healthy, so these spotlight reps at every WR slot in the offense are only gonna help him.

Yeah we’ll see. I just traded him to the Cobb owner as part of a package deal, so I won’t have to make the decision on whether to hold through the bye.  I think he could be a big part of the offense next year though.

In the postgame interview Rodgers was asked about all of the rookies and (paraphrasing) he said he was happy to see J'Mon Moore and St. Brown get some playing time/opportunity, but he mentioned MVS has been ahead of those guys and has been contributing for a while now. 

I still think Cobb/Allison will push MVS to a limited role once their healthy (coming out of the bye?) but I thought it was noteworthy that Rodgers went out of his way to distinguish MVS from the other two rookies. 

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

In the postgame interview Rodgers was asked about all of the rookies and (paraphrasing) he said he was happy to see J'Mon Moore and St. Brown get some playing time/opportunity, but he mentioned MVS has been ahead of those guys and has been contributing for a while now. 

I still think Cobb/Allison will push MVS to a limited role once their healthy (coming out of the bye?) but I thought it was noteworthy that Rodgers went out of his way to distinguish MVS from the other two rookies. 

As long as one of their listed top 3 WRs is out, you can flex MVS. Actually one of the highest upside flex plays, with a decent floor because of the guy who throws him the ball.

Geronimo isn't as fast or as strong, MVS is a much better athlete. Without looking it up, Cobb must have missed more games with all sorts of injuries than he played in recent years. Also getting old and upcoming FA. There is a decent chance that MVS carves out a role in the 2nd half of the season, even with all 3 WRs listed in front of him playing.

Edited by frog34

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

As long as one of their listed top 3 WRs is out, you can flex MVS. Actually one of the highest upside flex plays, with a decent floor because of the guy who throws him the ball.

Geronimo isn't as fast or as strong, MVS is a much better athlete. Without looking it up, Cobb must have missed more games with all sorts of injuries than he played in recent years. Also getting old and upcoming FA. There is a decent chance that MVS carves out a role in the 2nd half of the season, even with all 3 WRs listed in front of him playing.

Cobb's games played

image.png.2793b449cd8bc193611a2dd8ac13d0ed.png

Would take much more in depth look to see how often he's dinged up or limited in games played, but he's not fully missed nearly as many games as people think. MVS could end up carving a role like you said, but it won't happen if 3 WRs ahead of him are healthy and playing, no offense can support 4 relevant WRs (not counting spot-starts due to injury)

Hold firmly!

Can't start him with confidence yet. But should one of Geronimo or Cobb go down (or Adams), or MVS just outplay Geronimo or Cobb, he would be a great flex play in all formats down the stretch. Maybe even WR2 in standard scoring.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1

Rodgers only threw the ball 30 times he got 5 of those targets, tied for 2nd. Wondering if he could be the #2 recivever on this team in the 2nd half.  Also if Davante gets hurt, stock is way up.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he gets 10 targets vs the Brellibradys this week

Pats love to double the #1 and hawk on TE's, leaving MVS open ALL DAY!

I would be surprised if this game did not have 60 TP's

Edited by CraftyRighty
spell
  • Like 1

Dropped Allison and picked up MVS.  I think there may be times where Allison does well, especially if Cobb goes out again, but the last game showed Rogers prefers MVS imo.  I also see MVS becoming a larger part of the game plan as the season goes forward, and of course the Packers like to air it out.

20 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Any reason why Allison would get more playing time over this guy going forward?

Not really unless seniority means anything but really cobb shouldn't be in over him...surprisingly cobb wasn't traded

QBs make WRs.  Allison, Cobb, and MVS all played about the same number of snaps, and Allison ended up with the least amount of targets (1), vs Cobb and MVS getting 5 targets.  Even E St. Brown ended up with 2 targets. 

I just believe MVS is the most talented WR after Adams, and also believe Allison & Cobb will likely be playing elsewhere next season.  Which is why after Adams I like MVS most going forward.

• Like 1