wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

44 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Allison now has a groin injury...this is new right?

Wow. All of a sudden Geronimo is super fragile. 

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Wow. All of a sudden Geronimo is super fragile. 

Just normal hamstring injury, they linger and if players come back early they overcompensate other parts of the body leading to new injuries. MVS stock rising.⬆️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Valdes-Scantling was on the field for 30 of the Packers' 52 offensive snaps (60 percent) in Sunday's 29-27 loss to the Rams. That snap count outpaced starting wideouts Geronimo Allison (30) and Randall Cobb (24).
Spin:
There had been some thought that Valdes-Scantling's usage would decline considerably in Week 8 with Allison and Cobb returning from multi-game absences due to injury, but coach Mike McCarthy essentially opted for a four-man rotation at receiver that also included No. 1 target Davante Adams (40 snaps). While it's possible that Allison and Cobb were deliberately restricted to some degree coming off injury, Valdes-Scantling certainly proved worthy of maintaining a regular role on offense, as he cashed in on his five targets with two receptions for 45 yards and a touchdown. At 6-foot-4 and 206 pounds with impressive wheels (4.37 40-yard dash time), Valdes-Scantling gives the offense a size/speed element the other three established wideouts don't offer, so the Packers may be motivated to find ways to keep him on the field in the weeks to come.

news_breaking.png
88x21_RWdotcom_trans.gif
Thu, Nov 1

With Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, and Randall Cobb all active for the first time since Week 3, Marquez Valdes-Scantling notably finished second among the group with 31 snaps. MVS ran 22 routes to Cobb’s 17, not so subtly hinting at a changing of the guard. If the rookie was dropped over Green Bay’s bye, he’s worth stashing in hopes he’s the clear-cut No. 3 by the time fantasy playoffs come around.

John Daigle Rotoworld

Targets and Touches

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

11 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

#3?  Who's the #2 right now?

I think he was implying Allison is #2 because he ran one more route than MVS,  hence the reason MVS was being compared to Cobb.  But Allison only had 1 target, and still appears to be dealing with a bum hammy.  One way or the other MVS is trending up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like Geronimo Allison won't be suiting up Sunday night.

MVS may be a sneaky good start this week.....

Oh my, how do I get this guy in my starting line-up.   I wish I owned this kid in more than 1 league, super sleeper than produces when he gets his opportunity. Well not so sleeper now but he's still flying under the radar.  I like what I see with this guy.

it seems like MVS is becoming what we all thought Allison was going to be.  Very tempting to add him right now

• Like 1

Just added the guy I may start him because Pats will gameplan to take away Adams. Cobb seems washed up. This kid runs a 4.3 and Rodgers is trusting him. This could be his breakout game.

• Like 1

added and automatic flex if Allison is out. Rodgers.....Brady....SNF....shootout.....57.5 point o/u....yep

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

This guys stock is going through the roof.  Where the hype train for this guy?  

Its been here.... 

• Like 1

Breakout sense is tingling... shootout vs. NEP is a foregone conclusion, and MVS might be the clear #2 WR. 

If nothing else it's a great opportunity to build rapport and trust with Rodgers. Going into next year it seems like Cobb (UFA) and/or Allison (RFA) could be gone, and MVS seems like the preferred rookie from this year's crop for Green Bay. 

54 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

added and automatic flex if Allison is out. Rodgers.....Brady....SNF....shootout.....57.5 point o/u....yep

Also flexing him this week. Although I can't say my other options are optimal (Amendola, Tyrell Williams, etc etc.)

He's had more and more chemistry with Rodgers every week.

And the biggest aspect to me is the Pats excel at cluing in on the opponents #1 threat (Davante Adams obviously). You often see the #2 or #3 options produce against NE due to this.

• Like 1

Just copped my ticket on this train.

Thinking Allison has a chance at sitting and allowing him to gain more rapport with ay ay Ron. Big dude who can scoot w a mad man throwing him the ball, what’s not to love.. Only knock I’ve seen on tape is it seems like he lets the ball come to him a little too much. Doesn’t high point it or go up to get it with as much effort as a dude like Sutton. But, with someone like Rodgers throwing you the ball, you don’t need to really do anything besides not drop those pin point passes

22 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Allison apparently now listed as doubtful

Gametime

What do we think -- WR 2/3 territory? 

12 minutes ago, Cord said:

What do we think -- WR 2/3 territory? 

In this particular matchup, I think the upside is as high as any receiver in a potential shootout. As others have stated, the pats do like to gameplan out the opponent #1, leaving MVS with the good looks. I’m debating him and Chubb now in my flex because of possible blowout with CLE

Anybody thinks Belichick will bracket the speed receiver (MVS) and leave Stephon Gilmore 1-on-1 with Adams?

• Like 3

Must add immediately if he was dropped.  (1) You want him and (2) you don't want your opponent using him against you.

Edited by KennyWoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FF4life said:

Anybody thinks Belichick will bracket the speed receiver (MVS) and leave Stephon Gilmore 1-on-1 with Adams?

That would leave Graham to abuse a linebacker, possible though.