wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Better stash than Tre'Bum Smith. Let's go MVS!

Edited by Deadpool
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panamared said:

I'm thinking about dropping Corey Davis for him!!!!

I'd drop Davis and rather have an empty spot let alone MVS!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Better stash than Tre'Bum Smith. Let's go MVS!

 

I made this exact swap yesterday when Allison was ruled doubtful. My WR rotation is so pathetic that I'm actually starting him with Jeffrey and Boyd on BYE. I think he is actually a particularly good start in a likely shootout and Pats have a history of taking away the opposing teams #1 option almost to a fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

 

I made this exact swap yesterday when Allison was ruled doubtful. My WR rotation is so pathetic that I'm actually starting him with Jeffrey and Boyd on BYE. I think he is actually a particularly good start in a likely shootout and Pats have a history of taking away the opposing teams #1 option almost to a fault. 

I don't mind the move, but TreQuan is about to blow up vs Rams. Watch...

 

Both contests over/under is in the high 50's (Rams/Saints and Packers/Pats)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I don't mind the move, but TreQuan is about to blow up vs Rams. Watch...

 

Both contests over/under is in the high 50's (Rams/Saints and Packers/Pats)

 

Yeah he could have a big game but I think MVS has more upside. Smith looks like he is just filling in the Ginn role which will make him boom/bust especially with Thomas, Kamara and Ingram likely getting more targets then him. The only guy clearly ahead of MVS is Adams so his upside is the #2 option in a team that is more pass happy than the Saints.He's 6ft 4, sub 4.40 fast and can play in slot or outside. Both are promising rookies but MVS if he continues to play well has an easier route to more targets which should make him a more reliable/consistent option than Smith. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

 

Yeah he could have a big game but I think MVS has more upside. Smith looks like he is just filling in the Ginn role which will make him boom/bust especially with Thomas, Kamara and Ingram likely getting more targets then him. The only guy clearly ahead of MVS is Adams so his upside is the #2 option in a team that is more pass happy than the Saints.He's 6ft 4, sub 4.40 fast and can play in slot or outside. Both are promising rookies but MVS if he continues to play well has an easier route to more targets which should make him a more reliable/consistent option than Smith. 

Ginn was receiving 6.5 targets the 1st 3 weeks of the season with 2 TDs( 1 in week 1 and week 3). MVS still has to compete for targets between Adams, Graham, Cobb, and possibly Brown, think they're both gonna be in the same ballpark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer MVS to Smith because I believe he has a better chance at being more consistent on a weekly basis.  NO has a lot of very good options Smith is in competition with, and  the Saints are primarily a run first team (see Brees numbers decline).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Ginn was receiving 6.5 targets the 1st 3 weeks of the season with 2 TDs( 1 in week 1 and week 3). MVS still has to compete for targets between Adams, Graham, Cobb, and possibly Brown, think they're both gonna be in the same ballpark.

 

Like I said the UPSIDE of MVS is higher since while he has to fight with Graham, Allison and Cobb none of them are clearly better than him imo. Adams is the only guy clearly ahead of him. 1st 3 weeks of the season the Saints didn't have Ingram and passed a lot more in general. Smith has to compete with Kamara and Thomas who are undoubtly ahead of him, Ingram is heavily involved if not ahead of him and Saints just run the ball a lot more than the Packers and do funky things with Hill in the RZ. They probably will end up around the same but I think MVS has the higher upside since he can potentially secure a larger role (of course that isn't a given he will). I expect Smith to have big games but due to the nature of the Saints offense and him being relatively low in the pecking order he'll have a fair number of games where he goes missing. Saints aren't playing the Rams every week and even one of the heaviest passing game scripts the Saints will have Smith only saw 3 targets. 

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 4:22 PM, Deadpool said:

Better stash than Tre'Bum Smith. Let's go MVS!

 

 This is clear now. Even if MVS is the third WR he will get more targets than Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a beast. Gilmore ended up fricken shadowing him late in the 3rd. Wish they'd use him in the slot more, but they have Adams in and out of the slot. I'm definitely holding because he was putting up decent numbers even with Allison...but I don't know how happy we'll be.

 

Not enough targets to go around if they're playing Allison over MVS, so it could end up being a disappointment. Would be nice if he snuck into that #2 spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Boozted said:

But what happens when Allison comes back?

 

He watches MVS beast like the rest of us. In all seriousness though I think MVS's play has earned him the role over Allison and he has looked the #2 passing option. Allison returning obviously isn't a good thing for MVS's outlook but I don't think it really hurts him that much either. I think MVS can play out of the slot some if need be and Packers play 3 wide a lot. MVS looks like the 2nd biggest threat in their passing attack so I'm sure he'll get sufficient snaps and be in on critical downs and opportunities with Allison probably just giving him a breather every once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marquez Valdes-Scantling tops 100 yards on Sunday night

by Brad Richter | Packers Correspondent | Sun, Nov 4th 11:55pm EST

Marquez Valdes-Scantling only had three catches against the Patriots but they went for 101 yards including a long of 51 yards. Valdes-Scantling also had a great grab over a defender for 24 yards.

Fantasy Impact:

Valdes-Scantling is starting to look like the Packers number two WR with another strong effort in Week 9. Geronimo Allison was out which helped but he keeps making big plays and is gaining Aaron Rodgers' trust. He should be on fantasy rosters and considered to start if Allison remains out in Week 10 against the Dolphins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this report being presumptuous?  

 

Marquez Valdes-Scantling caught 3-of-6 targets for 101 yards in Week 9 against the Patriots.

Valdes-Scantling led the Packers in receiving despite getting shutout in the first half. He got most of his yardage on a pair of impressive contested catches late in the third quarter. The Patriots shadowed Valdes-Scantling with Stephon Gilmore after that, but this is another encouraging game. Valdes-Scantling has over 100 yards or a touchdown in four straight weeks. He's locked in as the starter opposite Davante Adams for the rest of the season.
 
 
 
Nov 4 - 11:58 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked solid out there. Either Cobbs hammy isn't 100% or he's lost a solid step or two. Allison I think was more of just a big body and a veteran WR. MVS looks like a solid athlete. None of those catches were easy. But the truth is we just have to watch and see what happens when Allison comes back. He's a solid piece to have on your bench for the stretch run. But I don't think he's more than a flex play moving forward just to be on the safe side. Glad to have him on my team though see how this plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Is this report being presumptuous?  

 

Marquez Valdes-Scantling caught 3-of-6 targets for 101 yards in Week 9 against the Patriots.

Valdes-Scantling led the Packers in receiving despite getting shutout in the first half. He got most of his yardage on a pair of impressive contested catches late in the third quarter. The Patriots shadowed Valdes-Scantling with Stephon Gilmore after that, but this is another encouraging game. Valdes-Scantling has over 100 yards or a touchdown in four straight weeks. He's locked in as the starter opposite Davante Adams for the rest of the season.
 
 
 
Nov 4 - 11:58 PM

Rotoworld blurbs often make claims that are proven inaccurate. Zero accountability by the writers so best to think for yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...