wendellrott

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2018 Outlook

On their last gasp 4th down play to extend game Rodgers didn’t look for Adams or Graham....

He looked for MVS!

Rodgers.... like Brady.... dictates who catches balls for him....me thinks Rodgers trusts MVS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Rotoworld blurbs often make claims that are proven inaccurate. Zero accountability by the writers so best to think for yourself. 

It’s all opinion based  haha. If these kinds of things were facts none of us would even be looking the the rotoworld page or these forums.

• Like 1

I own Allison and MVS in different leagues. I think that most likely with Allison's return, they both offer some value but may cancel each other out as reliable fantasy starters. I mean Cobb, Allison, MVS as 2-4 WRS, that's tough to predict I think.

39 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

I own Allison and MVS in different leagues. I think that most likely with Allison's return, they both offer some value but may cancel each other out as reliable fantasy starters. I mean Cobb, Allison, MVS as 2-4 WRS, that's tough to predict I think.

Yep I own MVS amd I’m not really expecting much if everyone is healthy...WR2 ROS is an insane statement.

14 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

It's been nice.

He is/was the perfect fill in for these bye weeks.

That's all I needed and he delivered.

You might wanna hold onto MVS til you see what is up with AJG. That toe injury may cost him the season. 

1 minute ago, SHADY29 said:

You might wanna hold onto MVS until you know what's up with AJG. He could end up being shut down. 

Just now, SHADY29 said:

You might wanna hold onto MVS til you see what is up with AJG. That toe injury may cost him the season. 

I definetly will hold on. But with MT and Diggs I should be set for ROS (after Diggs' bye).

What happens in week 10 we'll see. It's either MVS vs MIA or DJ Moore @PIT.

There isn't anything on our waiver anyways.

1 minute ago, thebadferret said:

What happens in week 10 we'll see. It's either MVS vs MIA or DJ Moore @PIT.

Debating which of these guys is the stronger hold.

What are the odds MVS can hold onto the #2 WR job and Cobb/Allison (when healthy)? 

Feel like MVS has the edge over a DJ Moore with Rodgers throwing and GB being a pass first offense.

49 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Debating which of these guys is the stronger hold.

What are the odds MVS can hold onto the #2 WR job and Cobb/Allison (when healthy)? 

Feel like MVS has the edge over a DJ Moore with Rodgers throwing and GB being a pass first offense.

a big edge over Moore.. look what happened to all the hyped WRs this week (Moore, Moore, Sutton, even Trequan). CAR has McCaffrey, Olsen, and Cam will run.

MVS seems safer and has been been doing good enough..

Good bye week fill in. But I expect Allison and Cobb to remain involved, and it isn't comforting seeing Graham so involved as well. 

This guy is right 

1 hour ago, zorndogs said:

On 11/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, remark900 said:

Trying to decide if I want to roster both him and Davante

The answer here is "yes". MVS is playing well enough for standalone value, and with Adams' concussion history I feel MVS is one of the best WR handcuffs and would more or less step into Adams' role should he miss time.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Good bye week fill in. But I expect Allison and Cobb to remain involved, and it isn't comforting seeing Graham so involved as well. 

This guy is right 

He may very well be, but that’s a shame as this young buck seems much better than either . Cobb looks slow now.

Geronimo can't do the kinda things that MVS can, it is quite obvious.

That, however, does not mean that MM won't go back to some strange rotation--because he's an awful coach...

Still, MVS has earned it and Rodgers will 'reward' that I think. Floor is solid and ceiling is pretty good. He's a WR2 with volatility--but most are W-2-W these days.

• Like 1

Geronimo has been playing with Rogers since 2016.  When he comes back I see him taking the Jordy Nelson or Cobb role a majority of the time.  He isn't going away unless he's put on IR.  It was very telling that MVS had a goose egg at half time.  Leading me to believe McCarthy & Rogers don't view him as game plan essential.  Only after a somewhat ineffective Packers offensive 1st half was MVS number called.

Maybe he will be leaned on more as the season goes on, but if there is a 3 WR rotation for guys not named Adams, the numbers Allison put up the first 4 games will not be attainable imo.

"The Patriots shadowed Valdes-Scantling with Stephon Gilmore after that"

This is kind of stunning and a huge positive sign.  I think the only problem MVS owners face going forward is McCarthy, but that's not a minor problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Is MVS a better hold than, say, Golladay or Sutton at this point? Folks thought they'd gain targets because of trade moves, but it didn't show up yesterday.

I'm right here with you.  Stashed Chris Thompson on my IR this week and picked up MVS as a hold.  I'd prefer to hold onto MVS going forward but it's difficult with Golladay, Ridley, and Shepard on the bench already.  Golladay is who I'm looking at... but I can't quite pull the trigger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myersisu said:

I'm right here with you.  Stashed Chris Thompson on my IR this week and picked up MVS as a hold.  I'd prefer to hold onto MVS going forward but it's difficult with Golladay, Ridley, and Shepard on the bench already.  Golladay is who I'm looking at... but I can't quite pull the trigger.

You think its worth dropping Trequan Smith for MVS? I am really worried about Smith's measly 3 targets.. but at the same time worried that G'Mo will eat into MVS' productive if and when he returns. Given that he has a hamstring injury, what is a reliable timeframe for MVS' relevance to remain?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Is MVS a better hold than, say, Golladay or Sutton at this point? Folks thought they'd gain targets because of trade moves, but it didn't show up yesterday.

I think Golladay is on another level than these 2 since he has already flashed borderline WR1 upside in arguably a worse situation than he is now. The past game was disappointing but Stafford clearly struggled without his security blanket and one has to expect things will be better in the future as Lion's adjust to life without Tate. MVS and Sutton are neck and neck imo. Sutton has the clearer role but MVS has the better QB. Personally since both are likely spending most of their time on your bench I'd prefer MVS since he has definitely looked the best receiver not named Adams and Allison and Cobb shouldn't cut into his playing time in a meaningful way (They shouldn't but you never know with McCarthy although I think Rodgers calls the shots and is wise enough to realize they are better with this dude on the field). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

You think its worth dropping Trequan Smith for MVS? I am really worried about Smith's measly 3 targets.. but at the same time worried that G'Mo will eat into MVS' productive if and when he returns. Given that he has a hamstring injury, what is a reliable timeframe for MVS' relevance to remain?

Yes, I'd much rather have MVS than Smith at this point.  In fact, I owned both of them before this week and will drop Smith this week, holding onto MVS.  MVS has low-end WR2 upside ROS.  This Packers' team is going to trail by 2 TDs plenty this season (keep in mind if not for two miracle comebacks their season would already be over officially, not just on life support as it is now; the only game they won easily was against Buffalo) and they throw a ton even without negative game script.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

This is kind of stunning and a huge positive sign.  I think the only problem MVS owners face going forward is McCarthy, but that's not a minor problem.

That clown is on his last leg. They are talking about it now, how Rodgers is all world and the team flounders. Someone has to be fired. Seems McCarthy's time is up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

While this is true the Pats also doubled Graham (and of course Adams) at times. Anybody with eyes can see that MVS is one of their best play makers (probably 2nd only to Adams) and that he deserves significant snaps no matter the health of Allison or Cobb. Even if McCarthy isn't able to see this I'd like to believe that Arod can talk some sense into him.

Allison suffering a new injury (groin) this late in the season is going to really make it hard for him to come back and slide right into a prominent role. 

If MVS stays healthy (knock on wood) he should be locked in. Cobb is what he is at this point which is useful for checking it down within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and hoping he can generate YAC.

Saw this on reddit..

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/05/packers-rookie-marquez-valdes-scantling-proves-hes-no-fluke/

“I told him at halftime, ‘I’m going to come back to you,'” Rodgers said. “And sure enough, on that first drive, they brought empty pressure, we picked it up,  and hit him for a big play that got us back in the game.”

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1059282159347748864

(so close to a TD.. only if Rodgers threw it further ahead!:)

Edited by maxim730