Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I've seen a lot of rumblings that he may surprise everyone and win rookie of the year, even over Ayton. Yahoo isn't showing any projected stats for him as of this moment. Will he be the starter in Chicago? What numbers can he produce if he is? What do you think his chances at RotY are? He did great at Summer League, can he replicate close to the 14/9 on 50% shooting and 2+ blocks he averaged over the summer? 

• Like 1

Yeah I think he’s going to be a surprise. He’ll have to work his way past punchbob to get minutes tho. 

• Like 2

Love his skill-set and could be hard to keep him off the court but the Bulls are definitely going to give Lori a lot of run and Portis will play both PF & C.  Hard to see the Bulls benching Carter for Lopez who was DNP down the stretch last season but they still have him and Felicio (who was a bad overpay) to play at C, so Carter may be a bit slow out of the gate.  Hope I am wrong because the Bulls should let their young core (Dunn/LaVine/Jabari/Lori/Carter) start together from game 1.

• Like 1

I expect early on Lopez starts but they get similar minutes with WCJ taking over by Xmas. I have sneaky chucked some coin on him for rookie of the year but I can be bias being a bulls supporter.  12-14 points 7-8 boards 1.5 blocks ?

Edited by dboong
  • Like 1

Wendall, 2018-2018? Please tell me this can be edited and we won't have it like this all year long.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Wendall, 2018-2018? Please tell me this can be edited and we won't have it like this all year long.

That is my mistake. I reached out to their contact us page to see if they can edit it. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

I prefer the guy who'll be playing.

They could both be playing from day 1.  Carter probably gets more minutes out of the gate, but by end of season could be close. 

20 hours ago, Judicious said:

That is my mistake. I reached out to their contact us page to see if they can edit it. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

So ask them to edit the name too.It is Wendell not Wendall.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:13 AM, hoopking said:

WCJ or Mitchell Rob? 

Carter and it isn't close for me.  Carter is better, Carter is younger and Carter has no holes in his game.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2018 at 4:45 AM, 8th Leo said:

So ask them to edit the name too.It is Wendell not Wendall.

Why don't you ask them?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Judicious said:

Why don't you ask them?

Oh my bad.Sorry.I forgot to type "Please".My apologies.

On 9/1/2018 at 12:08 PM, PuzzBeterson2 said:

I'll take my chances with WCjr. Also a more complete player. 

So where do you rank him them? Draftable in 12 teamers? Late round flier and wait and see? or is he even higher than that. Looks pretty NBA ready to me, just a pity about the log-jam in the bulls front-court. Robin Lopez has no right stepping onto an NBA court this year and if he does over the Bulls young bigs its a travesty to the team, the sport and the league

12 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

# 7 – Wendell Carter – Absolute fan of this guy’s potential. While everybody was talking about Ayton and Bagley, I believe Carter will be the best big coming from this draft. Very smart player, good size and underrated skills. Can pass the ball a bit, too, and his defense makes him a great combo with Markannen. I think he will be going in the second round in drafts as soon as next season.

Predicted stats: 28 MPG, 12.0 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.8 BLK, 0.7 STL, 0.5 3PT, 2.1 TO, 0.48 FG%, 0.70 FT%.
Predicted ranking: 50-75 (Yahoo Pre Season: 118)

https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/2018/08/17/rookies-fantasy-2018-2019-pt-4-top-ten/

I think I've said this before... You da man @PuzzBeterson2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

There's no 'hope' here as I don't own him in the league I play in. It's my expectation. I'vve been targeting him heavily, but wasn't able to obtain him.

Your columns have been valuable and I like them, but I never ever believe Wendell Carter to finish at TOP 75. He is a rookie! In my pre-draft rank he is 129th. I never draft rookies in first half of the draft, I don't trust them. Rookie is never safe option.

8 minutes ago, apatas said:

Your columns have been valuable and I like them, but I never ever believe Wendell Carter to finish at TOP 75. He is a rookie! In my pre-draft rank he is 129th. I never draft rookies in first half of the draft, I don't trust them. Rookie is never safe option.

Never say never, I've had great success drafting rookies (Lillard, Ben Simmons, Towns, etc.) around rounds 5-6. But generally I agree...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, apatas said:

I’m in the same boat as this guy. I drafted Simmons, ( his actual rookie year right before the injury), Ingram, and thon maker. Maker was a mistake but I got squat from the other two. Would rather wait for impatient owners to drop them and see which ones take off. I don’t like to gamble on them given the minutes they get.

there are always rookies like this guy who are good enough to get the minutes but get boned by the coach cus their rookies and end up with less than they should be getting. I hope it doesn’t happen to him cus he is one of the ones worth drafting but I’d still limit it to 1 or 2 rooks personally.

Edited by Portis4Potus
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 2:55 AM, 8th Leo said:

Oh my bad.Sorry.I forgot to type "Please".My apologies.

It's not even misspelled FYI

Some kids you just have a hunch about...pass the eye test...and prove you right...WCJ is one of em along with

Ayton, Luka, JJJ and,if he starts, Hamidou Diallo also looks the part...WCJ is looking like he is now starting as well for the Baby Bulls!

Mitchell, Lillard, KAT, AD, Kuz, DSJ all had a similar shine to them right from the start...they turned out alright...

• Like 2

Mister Wendall

Mister Wendall Yeah

Mr. Wendal has tried to warn us about our ways
But we don't hear him talk
Is it his fault when we've gone too far
And we got too far, cause on him we walk
Mr. Wendal, a man, a human in flesh
But not by law
I feed you dignity to stand with pride
Realize that all in all you stand tall

• Like 2