Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, akund said:

Bagley just doesn't have the fantasy potential this year that WCJ does (defensive stats, FT%, assists), and I wouldn't really call it "all his" when Bagley isn't even starting. Bagley is still significantly behind WCJ in player rankings this year on similar MPG. I expect WCJ to get better at staying out of foul trouble over the course of the season, but that's really his only downside

That's fair, defensively WCJ has him beat. All I'd contest is that it's inevitable that Bagley starts for the rest of this season at some point. Ever since Joerger (sorry can't spell his name right) got in trouble for not playing the younger talent, Bagley has been getting good minutes and producing GREAT numbers ever since then... November 17th. I'm aware it's a short sample size but I can't help but feel the path is easier for Bagley to produce well because he doesn't have the likes of Lavine, Dunn, Markenen taking possessions away from him. And a great note is that whenever Bagley has gotten 30 minutes OR over he's been dominant

Edited by ejaggit

5 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

That's fair, defensively WCJ has him beat. All I'd contest is that it's inevitable that Bagley starts for the rest of this season at some point. Ever since Joerger (sorry can't spell his name right) got in trouble for not playing the younger talent, Bagley has been getting good minutes and producing GREAT numbers ever since then... November 17th. I'm aware it's a short sample size but I can't help but feel the path is easier for Bagley to produce well because he doesn't have the likes of Lavine, Dunn, Markenen taking possessions away from him. And a great note is that whenever Bagley has gotten 30 minutes OR over he's been dominant

But the "dominant" stats you're seeing are different than fantasy dominance. Looking at his past 5 games (since Nov 17) compared league-wide , he's 105th per game in 8-cat and 90th in 9-cat (BBM). And that's his best stretch of the season...

12 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

that's only happened twice though. last 2 games. 1 of them was dominant for sure.

1 minute ago, GIANNISYO said:

that's only happened twice though. last 2 games. 1 of them was dominant for sure.

Not to mention that it's a fallacy to begin with. In order to get 30 minutes he has to already be playing well in the first place. So you're inherently ignoring games where he isn't playing enough minutes just because he's playing poorly and gets pulled after 20 or 25.

1 hour ago, akund said:

Not to mention that it's a fallacy to begin with. In order to get 30 minutes he has to already be playing well in the first place. So you're inherently ignoring games where he isn't playing enough minutes just because he's playing poorly and gets pulled after 20 or 25.

So it's better to say ever since he's gotten more minutes from the coach he's been putting up great numbers .. his worst line ever since the little controversy with Joerger was 11-6-2-2. That would've been a good line compared to WCJ as of recent. Time will tell. I just have a hard time believing WCJ can put up those great numbers from before with Dunn, Portis, and Markenen available to play.....

To clarify I'm not trying to hate. I managed to get both. Lol.

Edited by ejaggit

8 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

So it's better to say ever since he's gotten more minutes from the coach he's been putting up great numbers .. his worst line ever since the little controversy with Joerger was 11-6-2-2. That would've been a good line compared to WCJ as of recent. Time will tell. I just have a hard time believing WCJ can put up those great numbers from before with Dunn, Portis, and Markenen available to play.....

To clarify I'm not trying to hate. I managed to get both. Lol.

Haha that's fair, not really trying to argue either I just don't see how Bagley has been putting up "great" numbers from a fantasy perspective. Also WCJ's value doesn't really come from points or offensive touches, but rather rebounds, %s, and defensive stats, and I don't see how any of those guys impact those

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Donqueefa said:

Portis "still a ways away". 

Bobby Portis (knee) could be cleared for full-contact work by next week.

Fred Hoiberg stated on Wednesday that Portis was still "a ways away," but if he's cleared for contact next week, that would only put him a few weeks away from making his return. Lauri Markkanen (elbow) is expected to get back to the court by early-December, and once both him and Portis are healthy, Jabari Parker's minutes and production figure to take a massive hit.

I've monitored him all season. It seemed like he was really coming into his own and now, for the past week plus, he's consistently removed himself from games with silly fouls, over and over again. The skill and potential is still there, but he's got to push past this recent episode of picking up ridiculous fouls. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, tremixt said:

I've monitored him all season. It seemed like he was really coming into his own and now, for the past week plus, he's consistently removed himself from games with silly fouls, over and over again. The skill and potential is still there, but he's got to push past this recent episode of picking up ridiculous fouls. 

He's a kid, it happens. How many of us had a great day when we were first starting out with a job, followed by an awful day the next? I definitely had my fair share of them. Like others have said, there's probably not any other guys with more potential than him om your WW. I'd hold.

49 minutes ago, MrBean said:

So... what's your verdict? Drop or hold? :D

I would hold just because you can’t find anyone who can produce and have an upside like him on most if not all WW

22 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Foul trouble is not a major issue for rookie big men. They always figure it out. Not worried. 

Not Always. Marquese still tryin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Larsso777 said:

I forgot completely this guy. Last year RW experts believed until the end of the season, that he will surprise everyone. "Grab him and wait, grab him and wait..." :lol:

10 hours ago, Larsso777 said:

:lol: Marqueese has the bball IQ of a potato.

WCJ can play, he does it on both ends and should be better as the season goes on. Growing pains are to be expected but he’s shown flashes of what he can do - he can hit a J, rim run, floaters, post up, hooks and makes his free throws; On D, he has great anticipation and just needs to be a little more disciplined.

15 hours ago, Larsso777 said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha :lol:

👀

Haven't doubted in ma boi, not even for a moment. 

😊

BTW everyone who truly understands basketball can see how much talent WCJ possesses.

Edited by Stefan

Of course on the night I bench him because of his wack performances and full lineup, he goes off. 

Edited by TheBoondocks

44 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Of course on the night I bench him because of his wack performances and full lineup, he goes off. 

Haha Same 

What is going on? 7 minutes in the first half and only one foul... does this new coach seriously prefer Robin Lopez to WCJ?