Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Larsso777 said:

I got insider update. No bone or ligament damages. Just little skrouitch. Will miss a few games. Maybe they will be cautious and wait until post asb. 100% sure info.

Thanks woj 

• Haha 1

So Matt Stroup thinks WCJ has a chance to blow up later in the season. 🤔

Are we buying this? Under Hoiberg, I would favor this but the team looks “off” under Boylen. I like his potential, I’m just unsure of his ROS outlook. 

Thoughts? 

A follow-up examination on Wendell Carter Jr. (thumb) revealed ligament damage that might require surgery, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

Uh oh. This has been a wild story with Carter Jr. reportedly set to miss weeks on Wednesday, but then he was day-to-day hours later. He suffered the injury on Tuesday, and the rookie even tested out his thumb on Thursday. We'll be waiting on details in the coming days, but Carter Jr.'s fantasy owners should just sit tight for now. If he's out, Bobby Portis would start at center with Robin Lopez behind him while he's on the roster -- Cris Felicio would be next in line after that. Jabari Parker would play around 15-20 minutes behind Lauri Markkanen.

The plot thickens...
  • Haha 1

Lol, these doctors I swear are just trying to mess with all the Portis and Carter Jr. owners. 

Wendell Carter Jr. expected to undergo thumb surgery; to miss 8-12 weeks

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Wendell Carter Jr. expected to undergo thumb surgery; to miss 8-12 weeks

Really??...

People who dropped Portis thinking WCJ was coming back

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jin said:

People who dropped Portis thinking WCJ was coming back

giphy.gif

lol, kept Portis and even grabbed Parker an hour ago.  I'm happy.  (I mean, I also lost WCJ too though)...

5 minutes ago, Boner said:

Does this look better for Portis or Parker?

Porter. But Jabari should be entrenched in the rotation and get all of Porter's back up PF minutes.

6 minutes ago, Boner said:

Does this look better for Portis or Parker?

I grabbed them both as Parker might get traded so some upside there. Surely Portis is the main beneficiary though 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:43 AM, Larsso777 said:

I got insider update. No bone or ligament damages. Just little skrouitch. Will miss a few games. Maybe they will be cautious and wait until post asb. 100% sure info.

Well this didn't age well.  Was your source Broussard?

CJe5n-0UkAAz3aF.jpg

• Haha 3

On 1/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, chud12 said:

Whoops. 

Looks like picking up Portis was the best case scenario after all... ;)

• Like 1

Yup.  WCJ could forego the surgery.  I know it's silly to compare injuries, but last July, I tore one of the ligaments in my thumb and one of the bones in my thumb shifted down (so my right thumb is permanently lower than my left), and without knowing of the severity, I played on it and weightlifted on it for a few months before getting an MRI and eventual surgery.  Cost me about 3 months of recovery and rehab, so 8-12 weeks seems appropriate.

Soooo just saying, it's possible to play on it.  Hurts like hell, can further damage your thumb, and there's absolutely no reason for WCJ to do this given the Bulls are tanking and don't want to risk their lottery pick (AND should just tank to get RJ or Zion)...buuuuut hey, he could do it.  :D

That being said, I dropped him for Caris.  Pretty easy decision, considering out of sheer luck I grabbed Portis a week ago and Jabari an hour before the WCJ news broke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

well looks like he is going for surgery Monday. Are we safe to drop???

thinking the same thing :'(

Whats everyone's thoughts on him for next year?  Top 50 seems a long way away, can't trust organization / coaching, etc.