Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Tough day for the young blood against the Process, but he looked promising. Had a tough time on the defensive end against Embiid, but had some nice passes, wasn't afraid to shoot, and had a great block on Simmons. Next game is also going to be tough playing Drummond, but should be a bit better.

• Like 1

PLEASE tell me he won't usually play just 20 min ?????????

What will happen when Markkanen gets back on the court late November  ?????

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

PLEASE tell me he won't usually play just 20 min ?????????

What will happen when Markkanen gets back on the court late November  ?????

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I'd guess that Portis probably loses more minutes when Lauri returns than Wendell does. It was a tough night against one of the best young Centers in the league who put up a phenomenal statline, and the Bulls put in RoLo for a good stretch. I don't think it's time to panic unless there's someone on Waivers who you think is going to get more opportunity.

1 hour ago, SirMixalot said:

I'd guess that Portis probably loses more minutes when Lauri returns than Wendell does. It was a tough night against one of the best young Centers in the league who put up a phenomenal statline, and the Bulls put in RoLo for a good stretch. I don't think it's time to panic unless there's someone on Waivers who you think is going to get more opportunity.

Yeah... that's my thoughts more or less... no notable waivers... just Markkanen :D Some1 dropped... and I'm claiming him for Bullock...  (hopping for some kind of mutant twin towers)

Markkanen AND WCJ :) :rolleyes:

Just gotta hold onto him. He’s literally going against proven centers that are still considered young in Embiid and Drummond. I fully expect him to struggle again against Drummond but the good times should be coming after.

• Like 1

I dropped him during preseason in a roto league...I got no patience

9 minutes ago, LuN said:

I dropped him during preseason in a roto league...I got no patience

Out of curiosity, who’d you pick up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Out of curiosity, who’d you pick up?

Markieff Morris..even though I don’t really like him and it might be a mistake in the long run, in which case I’ll use that spot as a streamer

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Not even thinking about dropping.

Me neither... but it's tough... I own both him and Bamba. 

• Like 1

Haha same along with Isaac, Siakam, Shai Gil Alex

Out of them WCJr. I value the highest then bamba, then Isaac, then Siakam.

We draft rookies for the potential, at a discounted rate during drafts. Expected more but figured it would take some time.
Usually take L's in the first few weeks but end up in the finals. Trade as much as possible in the beginning since people forget how to measure players' values.  After 2 to 3 weeks, cut bait on the scrubs and move on lol

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

Haha same along with Isaac, Siakam, Shai Gil Alex

Out of them WCJr. I value the highest then bamba, then Isaac, then Siakam.

We draft rookies for the potential, at a discounted rate during drafts. Expected more but figured it would take some time.
Usually take L's in the first few weeks but end up in the finals. Trade as much as possible in the beginning since people forget how to measure players' values.  After 2 to 3 weeks, cut bait on the scrubs and move on lol

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Me neither... but it's tough... I own both him and Bamba. 

Lesson here is don't gamble on more than 1 rookie or "potential" breakout per year. End of your roster can rapidly turn into a revolving door or a bunch of frustrating holds that kill your team. WCJ was mine... Can hold for a while. I have it a shot last year and remembered why I don't do that su much (DSJ, Collins, noel, markennen - although he was nice) there are too many sure things out there and guys that slide in drafts

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

I own five rookies: Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, WCJ and Trier (upside after Knox inj)

I am confident I will own at least 4 out of the 5 of them by season's end and WCJ is definitely one of them...

Hold the gate! - Jon Snow

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

I just traded Kent bazemore for him. Wish me luck.

You have plenty of luck after that heist but here's some more anyway. Good luck.

• Like 1

Wendell hasn't put up numbers yet but he plays fairly in control and is the Bulls best defender other than Dunn. He'll get a lot of minutes for that reason alone. I think a vintage Taj Gibson stat line (10 and 7, 1.5+ stocks) with maybe .5 3pm is a fair expectation. 

• Like 1

Front court is pretty loaded.  Realistically you have Portis, Parker, RoLo, Markannen and Carter Jr. will all get some minutes in the front court.  It's the same reason I dropped Portis.  All of their production is going to be cut when Lauri comes back, and I doubt Porter or Carter Jr. are going to be the main beneficiaries of the timeshare.   

Edited by Kriggly

Carter has now faced Andre Drummond, Joel Embiid and DeAndre Jordan in his three games, so 'welcome to the league, young fella.' He's yet to score or rebound in double digits, but the nine boards and four dimes were career highs. It's been a rough start to the season for Carter, but things are looking up with a matchup with the Hornets on Wednesday night. It's going to be a slow ride, but know if you lose patience with Carter, another owner will grab him off waivers as soon as you drop him. We'd recommend hanging on, as he'll eventually figure this out and get going.

-Rotoworld

...and I agree...

• Like 2

The “hell stretch” for him is over for now. It really wasn’t the most ideal first 3 bigs to go up against but gets the Hornets next which should be better. He still looks virtually unchallenged by RoLo at the 5 spot so he still looks like a solid hold even when Lauri comes back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

The “hell stretch” for him is over for now. It really wasn’t the most ideal first 3 bigs to go up against but gets the Hornets next which should be better. He still looks virtually unchallenged by RoLo at the 5 spot so he still looks like a solid hold even when Lauri comes back.

Maybe it was...
He is playing with the big boys now so no point in going in slow. This baptism of fire may be just what he needed and I'm sure he has already learned a lot. I'm super encouraged by his mins in this one and if Zach Lavine ever learns to pass the ball...you never know he may have a really nice season. If anything Lauri returning will help WCJ as he is perfect floor running, defensive, intelligent (dare I say a little floor spacing?!...maybe) to support Lauri's game. Seems a perfect fit alongside a starting unit of Dunn, Lavine, Holiday, and Lauri

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2