Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, laurilegend said:

I'm a Bulls fan and I'm not sure how much fantasy upside if there for Carter Jr this year.  He's going to give you some rebounds and some blocks but isn't elite or even "very good" in either.  And he's a pretty big zero elsewhere.  For now he's probably a better real world player than fantasy player and he's not that great "IRL" either right now.  Needs a lot more confidence and polish offensively.

What you talking about. Per 36 hes averaging 9 boards and 2.8 blocks a game.... Hes an elite shot blocker given minutes.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

What you talking about. Per 36 hes averaging 9 boards and 2.8 blocks a game.... Hes an elite shot blocker given minutes.

and entering tonight the "elite shot blocker per 36" (lol per 36) was ranked 212 in standard Yahoo leagues.

As I said, I'm a Bulls fan.  I wish there was more here.  Good luck.  Dude is 19.  A breakout is likely a few years from now, not this year.  If you're in a dynasty league great, if not, he's barely rosterable so far.

1 hour ago, laurilegend said:

and entering tonight the "elite shot blocker per 36" (lol per 36) was ranked 212 in standard Yahoo leagues.

As I said, I'm a Bulls fan.  I wish there was more here.  Good luck.  Dude is 19.  A breakout is likely a few years from now, not this year.  If you're in a dynasty league great, if not, he's barely rosterable so far.

They're only 6 games into the season. I think it's a little premature to be making such a prediction considering they are making a commitment to playing him as much as they are already to start. He's got a great opportunity to learn the hard way with minutes available to him. If and when Markkanen comes back, he will help spread the court better. Dunn has only played one game also. Just saying, it's probably more reasonable to expect him to improve more quickly versus being on a team with limited opportunity assuming he has the talent, skill and willingness to work and learn hard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

They're only 6 games into the season. I think it's a little premature to be making such a prediction considering they are making a commitment to playing him as much as they are already to start. He's got a great opportunity to learn the hard way with minutes available to him. If and when Markkanen comes back, he will help spread the court better. Dunn has only played one game also. Just saying, it's probably more reasonable to expect him to improve more quickly versus being on a team with limited opportunity assuming he has the talent, skill and willingness to work and learn hard. 

Should be on rosters. Simple as that.

Needs more experience and confidence to tell Lavine to step aside at times. That will come.

2 hours ago, laurilegend said:

lol He averages 1.5 blocks 9 points 6 boards 2.3 assists with minutes and efficiency trending up. Small sample size but there is a lot more positives then negatives here. The "rank" you speak off is super volatile with 6 games played.... one 20 10 5 block game is going to shoot him into the top 100. But he's definitely rosterable at least as the last man in a 12 man league considering the minutes, him starting, and the potential. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, laurilegend said:

I mean sure it sucks to be you, but seriously cheer up mate this kid looks awesome. Perfect modern mobile centre, he just needs a few kgs in the off season, but 6 games in and he's trending prefectly. Patience is a virtue to those that held

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Looking great ! 

GOOD MAN ! 

:) 

He's putting on a show.  When Lauri gets back this frontcourt is going to be so ******** young and exciting.  That BLOCK!

• Like 2

This is it boys, strap in!

Can't believe I got him off the wire in a 12 teamer

• Haha 1

As a Bulls fan I always hate it when I miss out on a guy like this.  

He looks incredible right now.  Just like he did in SL against inferior athletes except tonight he's doing it against Joker and crew.

Edited by laurilegend

14 minutes ago, ROTY said:

This is it boys, strap in!

Can't believe I got him off the wire in a 12 teamer

Same here. Owner didnt know what he had.

• Like 1

Is his outlook to continue producing at this rate? Or is it just a hot streak?

Evaluating who to get on the FA market 

Edited by ejaggit

Awesome numbers today for my 5th pick in dynasty. 25 7 5 so far with 2 treys 3 stls 2 blks with a min left in OT.

Congrats to everyone who held on through the rough stretch guys! Let’s all give ourselves a pat on the back for not overreacting by week 1. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

two people dropped him and I picked him up as a flier due to injuries on both teams... If he plays close to this and hits threes he's a league winner. 

Just now, Jugernot said:

two people dropped him and I picked him up as a flier due to injuries on both teams... If he plays close to this and hits threes he's a league winner. 

I mean I wouldn't expect this kind of game often, but 12/7/3 with a trey and a couple stocks per game with good % across the board is very possible. 

• Like 3