Judicious

Wendell Carter Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

I mean I wouldn't expect this kind of game often, but 12/7/3 with a trey and a couple stocks per game with good % across the board is very possible. 

For a waiver wire pickup center that would be great. 

3 minutes ago, Jugernot said:

In any competitive league he is isn’t a WW Guy...he was drafted in every league I’m in this yr.

oops: didn’t see your post about him being dropped. Who was he dropped for...owner prob feeling real bad now

Edited by IDatDude
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jugernot said:

Yeah his floor was always going to be solid given his fundamental skills and the team he was drafted onto, which is why it's surprising people were dropping him. You can't drop a high floor rookie this early in the season....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

In any competitive league he is isn’t a WW Guy...he was drafted in every league I’m in this yr.

oops: didn’t see your post about him being dropped. Who was he dropped for...owner prob feeling real bad now

Here's the thing.. both leagues are mostly returning owners and we've been doing this for years. They are highly competitive. The guy who dropped him in one league has won it three years in a row until I finally beat him in the finals last season.

He was dropped for McGruder in both, which isn't terrible. 

54 minutes ago, seeL said:

Awesome numbers today for my 5th pick in dynasty. 25 7 5 so far with 2 treys 3 stls 2 blks with a min left in OT.

You in my dynasty League?? Lol

21 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Yeah his floor was always going to be solid given his fundamental skills and the team he was drafted onto, which is why it's surprising people were dropping him. You can't drop a high floor rookie this early in the season....

Especially with injuries to Portis and Lauri now. The ball has to end up with touches in the post eventually.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:32 PM, laurilegend said:

and entering tonight the "elite shot blocker per 36" (lol per 36) was ranked 212 in standard Yahoo leagues.

As I said, I'm a Bulls fan.  I wish there was more here.  Good luck.  Dude is 19.  A breakout is likely a few years from now, not this year.  If you're in a dynasty league great, if not, he's barely rosterable so far.

You still think hes not rosterable? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, buckets88 said:

First time i actually watched a bulls game this year. Man does lavigne demand the ball alot.

Lol, yeah. He plays like Kobe on those mediocre Lakers teams. But as long as he's putting up Kobe scoring numbers you can hardly fault him, I guess. 

3 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Lol, yeah. He plays like Kobe on those mediocre Lakers teams. But as long as he's putting up Kobe scoring numbers you can hardly fault him, I guess. 

Those teams were not mediocre, they were awful! I think he still has nightmares with Kwame, Mihm and Smush :D

10 hours ago, ROTY said:

This is it boys, strap in!

Can't believe I got him off the wire in a 12 teamer

YOU LUCKY BASTARD !

I had to draft him 10th round

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahhaaha

• Like 1

This is it boys, strap in!

Can't believe I got him off the wire in a 12 teamer

Same here. Owner didnt know what he had.

LUCKY BASTARD 2.0 :D:D:D

Edited by Stefan

6 hours ago, stickman786 said:
  On 10/30/2018 at 6:32 AM, laurilegend said:

and entering tonight the "elite shot blocker per 36" (lol per 36) was ranked 212 in standard Yahoo leagues.

As I said, I'm a Bulls fan.  I wish there was more here.  Good luck.  Dude is 19.  A breakout is likely a few years from now, not this year.  If you're in a dynasty league great, if not, he's barely rosterable so far.

d6f.jpg

• Haha 1

He was awful to start the year and this breakout really came out of nowhere but it 

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

d6f.jpg

The beauty of predicting things is that you're often wrong.  As a Bulls fan, I'm thrilled.  Wish I had him on my roster but in our league (competitive 12 team paid) he was drafted and never hit the wire.

That said, when Lauri and Portis are healthy he's not going to be getting 20-25 shots most nights.  I'd think something like 13/6/3/.5/1 with decent percentages and maybe .5 threes a game is where he'll settle in this year.  If you got him 10th round or off the wavier congrats you got a top 80ish guy with top 50 upside.

• Like 2

love his fantasy friendly game, just hope all he needed was this game to figure it out and be consistent with a few bumps from here on out. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, brosephd said:

love his fantasy friendly game, just hope all he needed was this game to figure it out and be consistent with a few bumps from here on out. 

Good news for his owners is that until Portis and Lauri get back he's going to get a lot of minutes and shots by default.  Especially as the Bulls have completely cut RoLo out of the rotation and look to be trying to buy him out or trade him for anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laurilegend said:

. . . 13/6/3/.5/1 with decent percentages and maybe .5 threes a game is where he'll settle in this year.  If you got him 10th round or off the wavier congrats you got a top 80ish guy with top 50 upside.

Reasonable season averages. I think 3 guys can eat on this team. Carter/ Lauri/ Lavine look a lot like AD/ Mirotic/ Jrue, by offensive skill set. If he can be consistently aggressive with his touches, he could easily grow into 16-20 shots/36 by season's end. Elephant in the room: Lavine chucking. Even so, with just a little development Carter could deliver top-50 stuff come playoff time. Looking this solid this early portends well.

(Csb: dude got cut week 1 in 10 team dyanasty, and fell to my #5 waiver claim?!)

Edited by bdy1

2 hours ago, laurilegend said:

He was awful to start the year and this breakout really came out of nowhere but it 

The beauty of predicting things is that you're often wrong.  As a Bulls fan, I'm thrilled.  Wish I had him on my roster but in our league (competitive 12 team paid) he was drafted and never hit the wire.

That said, when Lauri and Portis are healthy he's not going to be getting 20-25 shots most nights.  I'd think something like 13/6/3/.5/1 with decent percentages and maybe .5 threes a game is where he'll settle in this year.  If you got him 10th round or off the wavier congrats you got a top 80ish guy with top 50 upside.

6reb? He's playing C. Id say 8-9

• Like 1

When this team gets healthy he's going to get even better.  Yowzers

7 hours ago, bdy1 said:

Reasonable season averages. I think 3 guys can eat on this team. Carter/ Lauri/ Lavine look a lot like AD/ Mirotic/ Jrue, by offensive skill set. If he can be consistently aggressive with his touches, he could easily grow into 16-20 shots/36 by season's end. Elephant in the room: Lavine chucking. Even so, with just a little development Carter could deliver top-50 stuff come playoff time. Looking this solid this early portends well.

(Csb: dude got cut week 1 in 10 team dyanasty, and fell to my #5 waiver claim?!)

I'm not worried about Lavine. He'll defer when the team is healthy since he's a mediocre at best ballhandler and playmaker. And anyway Dunn will be controlling the offense so the bigs should get better looks on drives and kicks/dumpoffs. Would be nice if Carter started getting some calls, too. A few more big games and maybe the whistle starts to blow when he gets hacked going up near the rim. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, laurilegend said:

He's already averaging 11/6/2.6 with 1.8 blks and 0.4 3s in 25 mins... and thats with a few games where he obviously wasn't comfortable and getting into the flow of things. 13/6/3 seems like his floor and he could get more blks. They have a lot of incentive to keep playing him and the trend does seem like hes getting more comfortable and more minutes are coming his way albeit slowly. 

13-15 pts/ 8-9 rebounds/ 3 asts/ 1.8 blks and 0.5-0.8 3pts seems pretty easily achievable to me.. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

The centre tag never never did $hit for BroLo's rebounding (in)ability

Hes special that brolo. WCJ hasnt rebounded under 7 (except once in low mins) this season so 6 is bs. 8-9.5 is locked especially with lauri spacing and carter picking up all those bricks 

• Like 2