Tenner

Alfred Blue 2018 Outlook

Watched the whole of SNF, only remember 1 snap in the first quarter that Blue wasn't in

IMO he hits the hole better than Miller and he has all season. Blue in there was like a breath of fresh air for the Texans offense. Pretty sure Lamar got Wally Pipp'd. Although I question how legit this chest injury is, given that Lamar didn't appear to be injured during the colts game and that Lamar has not been productive. Or maybe it is just an injury and nothing else. A little weird he would be dressed in that case. It's a "minor" chest injury? did they have a flakjacket on him in case he had to play? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I watched HOU/IND last week and lamar goofed badly on a couple pass pros and there was an embarrassingly bad 5-7 yd throw from Watson that almost hit Lamar in the back of the head. That was the last drive he was in. After that it was Blue the entire way

I think Foreman will get eased in and depending on how he looks post-achilles he might force a RBBC or maybe even win the job outright, but if Blue keeps playing this type of unsexy yet reliable type of game i dont see why Blue would be phased out any worse than 50/50

Just seems unlikely a guy coming off achilles is gonna blow us away

Sincerely,

Guy who drafted lamar in the 3rd round and picked up Blue last week

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thekid1310 said:

He ran 20 times for 46 yards.  Are we really celebrating that?  

Apparently. After Miller looked good running the first two weeks. But I guess Miller has looked awful all season.

5 minutes ago, Thekid1310 said:

Points and points. It's not like Lamar Miller was running any better;)

Just now, Szer0 said:

I feel like Cotton has a difficult time discerning between fantasy and real football. Following point totals. Blue looked pedestrian tonight. But with the receptions and volume he performed like a pedestrian RB3 in standard. Exactly what I expected when I started him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thekid1310 said:

Did you notice all the times he was surrounded by Cowboys D-linemen as soon as he took the handoff?

He needs volume to be decent in fantasy, he got volume, he played all but one offensive snap.

The dumpoffs were beautiful. 19.9 in PPR

Better than anything Miller did in weeks 1-4 in PPR. weeks 1-4: 11.9, 9, 15.1, 4.9. And that week 3 was saved from being a waste by a flukey receiving touchdown.

So yes, to answer your question, I am celebrating that. I'm celebrating getting that for free. I'm celebrating that this guy is going to be toting it instead of Lamar Miller.

Or at least I hope so.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

except he was, are you ever right about anything lol

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

I feel like Cotton has a difficult time discerning between fantasy and real football. Following point totals. Blue looked pedestrian tonight. But with the receptions and volume he performed like a pedestrian RB3 in standard. Exactly what I expected when I started him.

I mean, I guess we will have to see what the Texans decide on who starts Week 6.

If it is Lamar Miller I will come back and eat crow and apologize.

If it is Blue then I guess the Texans have a hard time discerning between fantasy and real football? Is that the argument?

I think it's pretty obvious to me when I watch Lamar hit the hole and Blue hit the hole that Blue does it better, and Blue is a better pass protector, and looks better in open space, and didn't space out mentally like Lamar did in the 2nd half against the Colts before Blue entered and played every snap thereafter

Edited by Cotton Jones

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Cotton spoke only truth, and only spoke about the actual game he observed, wut you on about?  Miller got yanked in the Indy game and blue finished it out.  Here vs the boys the Texans couldn’t get much going on the ground but blue ground out some nice 3rd and shorts and also was Watson’s safety valve out of the backfield- something Miller hasn’t done all year.  

I believe The texans want desperately to move on from Miller and blue is giving them reason to.

Just now, ykwtfgo said:

except he was, are you ever right about anything lol

On the points side lol?

A guy that barely averages 2 yards per carry is not going to stay on the field.  No matter what his intangibles are.  He had a decent fantasy week but he was not that good in the game.  

I own this entire backfield right now and don't really care who wins out.  But, Foreman will be given every chance to take over if Blue and/or Miller stink it up week 6.  

Blue has been given every opportunity to take over this backfield the past few years and hasn't because he is JAG.  

25 minutes ago, Thekid1310 said:

A guy that barely averages 2 yards per carry

His O line is garbage, don't be dense, you know this.

He had 2 runs of no gain and runs of -4, -5. -7 because he was swamped as soon as he touched the damn ball. Don't even try to blame those on him.

Take those away and he averaged 4 YPC. Which is pretty good behind that terrible line. And that even includes a large amount of 1 yard gains which I think any rational person would put on awful blocking and not some sort of ineptitude on Blue's part. Blue also had a 17 yard run, sprinkled in some 5, 6, 7 yard runs

I don't really care what happened last year or the year before, and neither do the coaches. Miller hasn't looked as good in 2018 as Blue did last night. IMO

And that's not mentioning what he did with dumpoffs, he looked good (or, better than Miller, which is what matters) in open space. He's not sexy, but he produced last night and the Cowboys are an above average defense, no pushovers.

Edited by Cotton Jones

6 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

His O line is garbage, don't be dense, you know this.

He had 2 runs of no gain and runs of -4, -5. -7 because he was swamped as soon as he touched the damn ball. Don't even try to blame those on him.

Take those away and he averaged 4 YPC.

That line goes both ways with Miller too :lol:.  

Miller is averaging almost 4 ypc this season.  

If blue takes the job, awesome.  He is JAG though, and Foreman is soon to come back.  I just don't see him getting the job.  

This backfield is a wasteland.  

Probably 7 of those were in the last Texans series running clock in the 4th.

Annoying as a Lamar owner myself.

Edited by HTM

1 minute ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

15 touches? 

Why

Lots of garbage time at the end of the game with the game out of hand.  

Nothing to see here.  Blue still sucks.  

This game only confirmed what is already known about Blue. He has no vision and stinks. Reliable in pass protection, hence why he sticks around on the roster. He is a mediocre handcuff with zero upside if Miller misses an extended period of time.

Edited by devaster

6 minutes ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

I did.  Thanks for asking.  

So why ask that question?

41 minutes ago, spidybl said:

Guess they didn’t want to overwork Miller with the game decided. Miller looked better by far

This is exactly why Blue was in there at the end. Just doing mop-up duty. And this confirms that Miller is absolutely the alpha dog in this backfield.

So Blue got more carries than Miller last game - anyone know why?

I desperately need a RB to get through this bye and options are limited (Blue, Bibbs, Jamaal Williams..)