Sign in to follow this  
SuperJoint

Dan Bailey 2018 Outlook

I think people should temper expectations.  Bailey's kicking accuracy has gone down for the past three years and he is coming off an injury.  He could be great but the warning signs are there for disappointment.  

1 minute ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

I think people should temper expectations.  Bailey's kicking accuracy has gone down for the past three years and he is coming off an injury.  He could be great but the warning signs are there for disappointment.  

What?  Vikings wouldnt sign a kicker that isnt capable of kicking.  His injury last year shouldnt affect his current fantasy outlook which is that of a kicker in a very good offense that plays indoors. 

I mean its a kicker, feels like a decent replacement for those of us who lost Greg The Leg this week, although I might just pick up the dude the Rams signed its just hard to know if they will attempt 55+ yarders with the new guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

I've been wondering what the hell happened to him. Didn't realize he was waiting for the right opportunity. Last year was a down season for sure, but it could be related to injury. It hasn't been a downward trend the last 3 seasons though. The previous two were within his career seasonal averages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Vikings wouldnt sign a kicker that isnt capable of kicking.

Counterpoint: the guy that was their kicker literally yesterday wasn't capable of kicking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, MJ10162 said:

Counterpoint: the guy that was their kicker literally yesterday wasn't capable of kicking.

He was their rookie kicker....Im sure the kid can kick but sometimes pressure of the kicks makes you miss. 

There should be nothing mechanically wrong with Bailey as I assume the Vikes worked him out before signing aka watched him kick. 

Edited by Zak0221

13 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Can any Dallas fans corroborate this? Does Dan simply have too much mileage on his leg? Has his foot lost a step?

• Haha 4

image.thumb.png.82130e8bb0f03f49215b95df9cdba134.png

Cowboys fan and his numbers look solid to me. prior seasons he was automatic and effortless. despite his 12 games last season - the percentage was low but there's others still in the league that were lower. could also be the $$$ side of it and i think that was more of the factor. IMO

Edited by yanki01

34 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

he has 4 missed FGs and 2 missed PATs, i think his demise is greatly exaggerated. 

• Like 2

I heard he has to pass a physical today. And then the actual signing happens if he passes. There is nobody else left to kick FG,XP etc. So we should no by today if it is him or someone else.

• Like 1

Read he's signed with the Vikes.  

Where are we putting him ROS?  Top 3-5?  Top 10?

NE, Ravens Kickers are only ones I can think of top of my head who is better with The Leg out right?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

NE, Ravens Kickers are only ones I can think of top of my head who is better with The Leg out right?

Thoughts?

I agree. Top 3 upside easily. I also put Elliot up there with Wentz coming back, but this Minnesota team is capable on scoring on every single drive.

Pumped I got him on waivers 

Picked him up as well. The Minnesota kicker had an opportunity for 14 points last week. 

dropped Butker for him. hype train for a kicker? hell i assume he's starting.

Edited by yanki01

Yea going to be a real bummer if he’s not starting this week. I just don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t 

I just picked him up and dropped Vinny. The vikings have a good D, can move the ball on offense so they can settle for fgs. If he doesnt play this week, im SOL.

No way in hell would I drop Butker for him but hey GL

• Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, smeeze said:

Does anyone know if he's expected to play this weekend?

I don't think it will take long for him to learn his playbook.

Here it is:

Line up, kick ball through upright.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

I don't think it will take long for him to learn his playbook.

Here it is:

Line up, kick ball through upright.

lol this. he's playing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Thoughts?

KC kicker as well.  That offense is gonna hum all season. 

just picked this guy up off of free agency this morning. No more streaming kickers week to week for me

Edited by Chippa

10 hours ago, ak427 said:

Picked him up as well. The Minnesota kicker had an opportunity for 14 points last week. 

Only because he missed so many and kept extending the game, but seriously, this is a great landing spot for Bailey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yea going to be a real bummer if he’s not starting this week. I just don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t 

Well who would they start if he didn't?