Sign in to follow this  
SuperJoint

Dan Bailey 2018 Outlook

I am chronic rage dropper of kickers...but only when they MISS kicks.  Bailey didn't even get a chance last week and the entire offense sucked.     I held.  

But anyway, Bailey looked a bit shaky his first couple of kicks, but seemed to sort himself out as the night went on.   He's reliable, has a strong leg and plays for a great offense.  Sign me up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Rage dropping is a common occurance and this dude deserved it. He’s just a kicker and it’s so unpredictable regardless unless u Greg the leg. It’s not really that shocking if someone cut him.  

A- He deserved it by not even having the opportunity to make a FG?

B- He made those who dropped him realize they have an anger issue and FF may not be for them.

C- If he's just a kicker then why are you here?    

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Rage dropping is a common occurance and this dude deserved it. He’s just a kicker and it’s so unpredictable regardless unless u Greg the leg. It’s not really that shocking if someone cut him.  

Most people that picked up Dan Bailey had GZ.

GZ is coming back soon so scrub Bailey would have gotten dropped anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

I am chronic rage dropper of kickers...but only when they MISS kicks.  Bailey didn't even get a chance last week and the entire offense sucked.     I held.  

But anyway, Bailey looked a bit shaky his first couple of kicks, but seemed to sort himself out as the night went on.   He's reliable, has a strong leg and plays for a great offense.  Sign me up.

I too enjoy signing up for players I already own. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Most people that picked up Dan Bailey had GZ.

GZ is coming back soon so scrub Bailey would have gotten dropped anyway.

You don't understand how groin injuries work....especially for a kicker.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

You don't understand how groin injuries work....especially for a kicker.  

QFT 

Read the whole article and takes notes @pdog109

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-cut-rookie-kicker-reportedly-sign-second-most-accurate-kicker-in-nfl-history/amp/

“The one tiny red flag with Bailey is his injury history. During his time in Dallas last season, Bailey missed four games after suffering a groin injury in Week 7 and never really seemed to recover from it. All five of Bailey's misses last season came after he returned from the injury. The kicker went 7 of 7 before the injury, but just 8 of 13 after it.“ 

Takeaways. 

1) Even with those misses after the groin injury he’s still the second most accurate kicker in NFL history all time. Not bad for a ‘scrub’

2) As mentioned by Spanker and proven to be true by Bailey and countless other kickers before him... groin injuries matter. 

3) I know The Leg is a cult legend around these parts and he was before he even kicked an NFL field goal but I wouldn’t assume he’s going to automatically pick up right where he left off. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

but I wouldn’t assume he’s going to automatically pick up right where he left off.

I wouldn't assume he's not going to automatically pick up right where he left off.

You are trying to correlate two different incidents.

Just because Bailey got a groin injury and came back to be the scrub that he is doesn't mean GZ is going to come back and not be GZ.

Edited by pdog109

55 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I wouldn't assume he's not going to automatically pick up right where he left off.

You are trying to correlate two different incidents.

Just because Bailey got a groin injury and came back to be the scrub that he is doesn't mean GZ is going to come back and not be GZ.

So what you're basically saying here (reading between the lines) is that:

You took GZ early in your draft and:

You're now your forced to hold on to two kickers in the hopes GZ comes back to produce at peak performance.

Is this correct?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

A- He deserved it by not even having the opportunity to make a FG?

B- He made those who dropped him realize they have an anger issue and FF may not be for them.

C- If he's just a kicker then why are you here?    

Because I own Greg and hsvs a soft spot for kickers. In all seriousness I cut Bailey because it was the 2nd week in a row I got a 0 from my kicker and just said f it, f it all lol. Maybe I was harsh when I said he deserved it cause he didn’t lol. At the time of my post it had more to do with frustration than honesty.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Because I own Greg and hsvs a soft spot for kickers. In all seriousness I cut Bailey because it was the 2nd week in a row I got a 0 from my kicker and just said f it, f it all lol. Maybe I was harsh when I said he deserved it cause he didn’t lol. At the time of my post it had more to do with frustration than honesty.  

Respect your honesty my man.  May the FF Gods shine down blessings to you ROS.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lolcopter said:

12 points, whoopdeedoo

Solid game. Just proved my point why it’s stupid to overreact to one game...especially when he wasn’t the one at fault.

7 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

So what you're basically saying here (reading between the lines) is that:

You took GZ early in your draft and:

You're now your forced to hold on to two kickers in the hopes GZ comes back to produce at peak performance.

Is this correct?

Yeah i drafted GZ 3rd round, he's basically a lock as RB2.

Yo dog i heard you like kickers so i put an IR slot in your IR slot so you can roster 2 kickers while you roster 2 kickers.

Edited by pdog109

15 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

Top Defenses that are missing critical players and both teams have great offenses..could very well be low scoring since it’s a Thursday nighter

Good call

• Haha 2

It has been my experience that kickers like Baily (if he performs like we hope) make a big difference. I think a decent apology is RB vs WR in non-ppr scoring: all else being equal you are taking the RB over the WR every time because of steady predictable production. WRs are more volatile and so are streaming kickers when compared to kickers on high scoring offenses.

Matt Bryant was a slam dunk for 10+ points every week in my standard league for 2 or 3 years. In non-ppr, having 10 points to count on is pretty nice. 

Hopefully DB and the Vikings offense keeps rolling 

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

Not sure why everybody has him so low on rankings this week.  Am I missing something?

Not sure either...

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Not sure why everybody has him so low on rankings this week.  Am I missing something?

yeah, kicker rankings are the biggest waste of time ever

• Like 3

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

It wasn't looking pretty early on, but you live to see another day, old man

Agree.  

30 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Any thoughts on his Sunday performance? Is his leg slipping a bit? 2 missed field goals is unacceptable, in my opinion.

I don't think 2 MFG's is that bad at all....

- Mason Crosby

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I don't think 2 MFG's is that bad at all....

- Mason Crosby

Hold my beer

-Chris Boswell

1 hour ago, gimme the ball said:

Any thoughts on his Sunday performance? Is his leg slipping a bit? 2 missed field goals is unacceptable, in my opinion.

He shanked a chip shot and barely missed the 40 yarder. Nothing to worry about. The biggest takeaway is 5 FG attempts and he nailed a 50 yarder. He's gonna be a top 5 kicker ROS. 

• Like 3

Can hit from beyond 50, plays for a good offense with a dome. He's as good a bet as any week to week especially as a full in for the leg this week