Sign in to follow this  
evanromano

Lost McKinnon -- Target an RB In A Trade? Or No?

Lost McKinnon yesterday, thinking about shopping around for some RB depth. 10 team, full PPR redraft league. Do you think that Barber and/or Breida plus Mike Williams would be enough to wrangle Drake or Chris Carson from someone? Here's the rest of my roster right now. Do I need to even target a move, or just hang tight and see what happens?

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Leonard Fournette

RB: Jay Ajayi

WR: Odell Beckham Jr.

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

TE: Trey Burton

W/R/T: Josh Gordon

K: Justin Tucker

DEF: Denver

BN: Peyton Barber

BN: Marlon Mack

BN: Matt Breida

BN: Mike Williams

BN: Keelan Cole

BN: Patrick Mahomes

If you do, it will have to be a package deal for a RB. Josh Gordon could gain you something nice in return. 

I would trade Larry Fitz and see what you can get.  He is going to be a huge bust IMO.  No way he gets the targets he got last year with DJ back.  Sell high on Larry Fitz if you can before the crappy QB play shows

I’d wait and not overreact.  You have Breida so see how week it goes before losing depth elsewhere.  In a full PPR league, I doubt Morris is getting a ton of work in passing downs so Breida might be pretty usable in your league.  You also never know who is going to break out week 1 and become a waiver option, there’s always someone.  Give it a week or 2 and then reevaluate from there

I agree with staying where you are unless you really like the player you are getting back. I'd feel ok with Fournette and Ajayi. You already have Breida to soften the blow. Plus it's full PPR, you'd be pretty thin at WR if you gave up one of your top 3. OBJ and Fitz is a good combo.

In a 10 team league I never carry 2 qb. Waivers always has something if your qb goes down. Personally I would drop cole for clement if clement is still on waivers. If ajayi goes down clement has top 12 upside. Cole did have some big time games last year no doubt but I think holding onto a wr5 in a 10 team league is not needed. Waivers will always have something if one of your top 4 wr goes down. 

You're good with what you have. Fournette and Ajayi should be solid, plus you have Barber, Breida, and Mack as strong backups. I feel better about those 3 backup RBs than I do Mike Williams and Keelan Cole at WR, who would be your only WR backups if you moved Josh Gordon.